[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear occultists, I read that starting out with just chaos magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1454756446740.png (126 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1454756446740.png
126 KB, 500x500
Dear occultists,
I read that starting out with just chaos magic will be detrimental to one's magical progression. That is, one should have a basis in smth else before.

Is this true? Why?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1677458

Magic is not real so feel free to do whatever you want because it won't matter.
>>
What is chaos magic? Could you tell us what you did and how?
>>
>>16774590
What did >>1677458 say?
(I can't see the deleted post.)
>>
>>16774585

You should become a sanctioned Psyker before turning to Chaos, this way you will have the skill to really fuck shit up when you receive the gifts of the old gods.
>>
>>16774601
It's using your beliefs to create a change in reality. Sigils, creating sentient beings (servitors, egregores, gods), etc.
I have only read so far. Haven't touched it yet.

>>16774628
"Psyker" as in "study psionics"?
>>
>>16774585
I'm in the EXACT same spot as you, senpai. (Except I've started working on sigils - I'm an artist, so only natural for me to dive into image-making.)

The way I understand it to be, what sets chaos apart, is that it's not a system, but allows for all other systems to be utilised.

I guess it can prove difficult to go deep enough in certain fields, since there less of a focus on tradition. Depends on how far you want to go. Do you want to manifest fame and fortune, or do you want immortality? We should be careful, anyway. We don't know who's watching, and certain daemons will find ways to trick us if we're not paying attention.

Anyway, I can't see how giving chaos a go will prevent you from exploring other systems of magic at a later time. I'm going to start with something small, to build up more and more belief, so that I can progressively work on perceivably larger things, and I will also use my sigils to summon the right magical path for myself.

What have you read so far?
>>
>>16774705
Nice coincidence - I also do art. That's why making sigils and designing egregores seems like a good place to start working on.

The reason why this thing kind of confuses me is, that chaos magic seems to explain everything and tie it together. That is every other practice is simply specialization. I have worked on my attention, desires, etc. for years, but delving into a specific magical practice before chaos seems to be limiting myself right from the get-go.

I agree that learning chaos first won't limit one later exploring other systems. IMO it will give a deeper understanding to the rituals, etc.
But I may be wrong.

Read about chaos? Many essays around the Net. I lurked around trying to find an explanation to my question but haven't found one.
(Mostly I have read books about Hermetics, Eastern traditions, blood magic.)
The thing that got me interested in chaos magic was the nicely packaged "Psychonaut's Field Manual".
>>
Chaos magick is for retards and a waste of time in general. Just like the kabbalah.

I recommend you start doing yoga/pranayama and begin working through the IIH.
>>
File: promri.jpg (19 KB, 200x311) Image search: [Google]
promri.jpg
19 KB, 200x311
>>16774855
Read this. Immediately. Also, dubs checked
>>
>>16774585
Chaos acales with humanity and evee aince the latest patch it's been the strongest type.

I personally like magic and enchanted just because they get used so little. On a falchion, enchanted can start to hurt with high attack.

Not sure why this isn't on /v/ though.
>>
>>16775160
I have read it twice. One of my favourite books. But thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>16775155
Why is kabbalalahuakbar a waste of time?
>>
>>16775155
Are you thinking real Qabballah or the Madonna version?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.