[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being jealous of my friends/former high school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
Hey /adv/

What can I do to stop feeling jealous of my former classmates and well off friends?

I studied in a high school with lots of people from extremely affluent families, and Im probably from the poorest one (by a good margin) within my circle of friends.

Most of them never had to raise a finger in thier life to earn anything. Barely passed school, are currently failing at university while I have been killing myself with work in order to get the top grades and run around networking events just to have a chance to get an internship. Meanwhile they have 6 figure entry level jobs waiting for them, or their parents companies that they will inherit. Not even going to mention real estate that their families own.

I know its a toxic feeling, but its just not fair. Why do I have to walk to uni from my shitty dorm, while they drive a corevette from their own apartment in the city. Furthermore they can just flash their money and get girls while I have to control my macros and lift, engage in self improvement, etc? Hell, some of them got liposuction just to avoid exercise and getting on a diet!

Worst part is, I will probably never get to their level of wealth no matter how hard I try while they live off inherited money...
>>
>>16774529
1. You don't need to be top in college, no employer ever asked for your grades. Unless you get hired by a company specifically looking for these.
Stop worrying so much, you're already better than them, take it as a challenge instead. After the college you'll be drowning in money (atleast from your point of view).
2. If i were you, seeing as you're so adamant about getting resources, make a company. When you're grabbing so hard for being the top, i think running a company should be a nice challenge. Do not forget to finish the college tho. gl anon :)
>>
You probably will never stop being jealous of them.

Which can be a good thing actually, come to think of it. Jealousy is a perfectly natural feeling and can be very motivational as long as it's not overwhelming.

Also some bullshit study proved that above 70k a year (I think?) money and happiness aren't correlated anymore. Find yourself somewhere else.
>>
Other people's lives always seem more interesting. Everyone is fighting a hard battle whether you realize it or not.
>>
Being jealous of people like that is pointless, their will always be those born into better lives than others. Its life. Its understandable to be jealous on occasion, but dont let it really effect you. All we can ask of ourselves is that we do the best with what we got, to gain more.
>>
File: 1424208423422.jpg (382 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1424208423422.jpg
382 KB, 1500x1500
You need to stop comparing yourself to others. It's just unhealthy for your emotional wellbeing.

Realise that it may look like they're leading an easy life with minimal struggle, but they may have problems of their own that weigh down on them heavily. It's all about perspective.

Besides, your difficulties will ultimately build your character for the better.
>>
>>16774529
I don't get it. You have the perfect networking opportunity. Get chummy with your friends' parents and get them to put in a good word for you during your job search. That will give you a bigger boost than you realize.

As for the other stuff, it sounds like they aren't learning how to manage themselves or their money. They're going to crash and burn, bro.

I mean, you don't sound badly off. If you've got what you need, stop worrying about what others have that you don't. It's just a waste of time - time you could be using to get an internship.

>Furthermore they can just flash their money and get girls
Dude, never do that unless you want some gold digging hoes.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.