[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I cut my hair before I start applying for jobs? Im 17
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: WIN_20160126_104813.jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160126_104813.jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
Should I cut my hair before I start applying for jobs? Im 17 and adore my long hair and would strongly prefer not to cut it. Would it be wise and do most places hire you even if you have long hair?
>>
Forgot to mention I am able to put it up into a bun
>>
>17
1. leave 4chan
2. work hard in school
3. go to college
4. work hard in college and intern frequently
5. line up work before you graduate

once you hit 5 then you can worry about hair, you have bigger things to worry about right now
>>
Mods mods mods

Also it doesn't matter, no one wants to do the extra paperwork to hire someone under 18.
>>
>>16773605
Cut your hair hippie. People are not going to take you seriously with long hair. Also putting your hair up is for women.
>>
Fuck off kiddo
>>
So OP, here's the problem. Places will hire a person with short hair. Places will hire a person with long hair. But there's a certain transitional period, while you're growing your hair out, that looks awful, and you'll have a much harder time getting hired during that period. And I'm sorry, bro, but you're smack in the middle of it.

Cut your hair. You can start growing it again once you've got a job: you'll get some questions and remarks, but as long as you keep things as neat as possible and can make it clear that you've got to go through This to get to That, you're unlikely to face any actual trouble. But right now you're at an awkward time in the growth of your hair, and it's horrible timing, and I'm sorry to be the one to point it out, but your job search is going to be a setback in this area.
>>
File: cunt.jpg (37 KB, 552x414) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
37 KB, 552x414
No one cares. Until you put your hair in a bun. A man with a man-bun is a figure to be shamed and beaten with bricks, not hired for a job.

Put another way, I have 22 guys who work for me. I've had guys with long hair working for me before. Don't care. Guy shows up with a man-bun, I'm going to shame him, torment him and fire him. I'll die and burn in hell before I'll give one penny to a goddamn man with a fucking bun.
>>
File: 1453806814466.jpg (70 KB, 604x603) Image search: [Google]
1453806814466.jpg
70 KB, 604x603
>that adolescent ego gaze

kek fuck off
>>
Is that you in OP?
You're cute af tbqh.
>>
>>16773762
Thank you : )
>>
You should be fine as long as you wash it and make your hair look presentable honestly. Just don't put it up, you'll be fine! (OP you're hella cute and I'm sad.)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.