[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wife's name is Jelena, she's of Serbian ancestry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 1452570655677.jpg (2 MB, 1656x2500) Image search: [Google]
1452570655677.jpg
2 MB, 1656x2500
>wife's name is Jelena, she's of Serbian ancestry and Serbian orthodox
>my name is Anthony, I'm of Italian ancestry and Roman Catholic (agnostic leaning, however)
>we're expecting a daughter in a month

We haven't come up with a name. I want it to be a name with some character, some strength, something my daughter will be proud of. We've pooled together some ideas:

>my suggestions
Caitlin
Catherine
Patricia
>her suggestions
Heather
Rachel
Maureen

My wife likes all my names but I only like one of hers: Heather. I'm really pushing for Caitlin, but I can concede on a Serbian version of the name: Katarina.

What do you guys think?
>>
Katarina
>>
Katarina is the only one that doesn't bore me
I'm extremely biased toward unique names however
>>
>>16773477
>>16773471
This
>>
>>16773468
Patricia and Rachel are the worst names I have ever heard. Anything is fine on that list but those two.
>>
>>16773490

I don't like Rachel but what's wrong with Patricia?
>>
>>16773468
Katarina honestly bumps your child up to exotic and automatically in the potentially hot category.

Be a good father and name her Katarina
>>
Katarina is such a nice name.
>>
I love the name Heather.
>>
I agree Patricia is not a good name
>>
>>16773513
People will call her patty
Patty cakes if they want to be obnoxious

Always consider what people will shorten it to. Especially for girls because everyone wants to talk cutesy to them.
>>
>>16773726

My name's Patricia and I was never called names. Annoys me when someone calls me Pat, though.
>>
>>16773468
Patricia is what I named my period.

I don't even remember how it started. But every time I meet a Patricia I almost want to exclaim, OMG THATS MY PERIOD'S NAME!

...just food for thought OP. I'll think of menstrual cycles from afar.
>>
>>16773468
Go katarina or Heather, best names by far as out of the choices offered
>>
>>16773468
Patricia is a name I've always associated with loose women and lesbians. The only Patricia I've known is a bull dyke who used to brag about having sex with loads of women even though she was a super repulsive individual, both inside and out.
>>
>>16773468
You should name her Penis Ass
>>
>>16773468

Jormungand.
>>
>>16773468
>katarina

FUCK YES PICK THIS ONE
DO IT FAGGOT
>>
Braveheart
>>
>>16773468
Italianski srb? O boze majko
>>
Katarina ftw
>>
Sarquisha
>>
>>16773468
katarina is a pretty nice name
>>
My vote is for Katarina.
>>
Katarina is the best in the pool, if you both agree, you can call the Catherine, but Katarina is traditional (in Serbia) and still exotic for more western countries.
>>
Another vote for Katarina here.
>>
KatErina
>>
A vote for Katarina here, but be aware that your surname matters. Are you comfortable giving that out? If not, consider the flow between first and last, it's important.
>>
>>16775200

My last name is Dante, hers is Borkovic. We're going with my last name.
>>
>>16774537
Srbija do Tokija.
>>
>>16773468
Shanequa
LaToya
LaTrisha
LaQuonda
LaTreena
Dashiki
>>
>>16773468
>Katarina
So everyone is going to call her Kat, she'll throw daggers at people, and in general be a complete nuisance 24/7 teleporting around assassinating people. Great idea, OP.
>>
>>16773468
I like Heather a lot.
>>
My name is Caitlin, exactly how you have it spelled, and I'd rec. it. It means "pure" and I'm very proud of it, there are tons of nicknames to go with it but none that are insulting, and it tends to be common but has it's own uniqueness due to the way it is spelled.

Truly a glorious first name.

I moved to a Spanish-speaking country and everyone calls me "Catalina" now. Katarina is equally as lovely, but more unique and interesting.
>>
>>16773468
Kekarina
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.