[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> be me > be 18 > be dude > be slightly socially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: donefdup.jpg (91 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
donefdup.jpg
91 KB, 500x375
> be me
> be 18
> be dude
> be slightly socially autistic

I have a friend who I gradually fell in love with over the course of the last 3 years (pic related), and there's a non-zero chance that she's interested in me, so I've decided I gotta take the chance and say something...

But I'm drawing a blank on what. It's not as simple as when I usually ask someone out because if I just say "We should go [X] next [Y]day" or something like that because we're already friends and we already do stuff like that occasionally.

Ideally I'd like to go ice skating because I've been wanting to go ice skating for over a year now and she's the only other person I know who leveled dex enough to not die when using ice skates.

So what's the least autistic/awkward way to indicate that I'm asking her on a date, not just a hang out?
>>
>>16773348
What is it about this place that makes so many people self-diagnose as autistic?
Anyway, dude, just ask her. Literally, just ask. Talk to her face to face, call and talk over the phone, text, IM, whatever.
"Hey, you wanna go ice skating (insert preferred date and time here)?"
If she turns you down, at least you can say you tried. If she says yes, then it means you're going in the right direction.
And try to relax. You're 18 and a lot of this stuff is mystifying to a lot of people your age and older.
>>
>>16773358

The whole autism thing is 4chan for saying you're stupid about something; I don't actually think I have autism.

On to your answer, though, I could ask her right now if she wanted to go ice skating and I could be pretty certain she'd say yes.

My question is how to make it clear I'm asking her on a date and not just to hang out, being as we are already friends and already do stuff like that.
>>
>>16773358
Everyone here is autistic. EVERYONE.
>>
>>16773378
Oh, okay.
Bring her flowers, or a single rose, when she shows up. Make an attempt to be slightly affectionate, such has holding hands or putting your arm around her.
Alternately, you can just say "I want this to be our first date".
Good luck.
>>
>>16773404
That'd certainly get the message across, but if she agrees to hang out with a friend and when she gets there I say "btw this isn't a hangout with a friend, it's actually a date," it's gonna be pretty cringey if she didn't want to go on a date.

It's not my first time, I know how to show a girl a good date. I just need to know how to convey *when I am asking her* that's what I intend for it to be, so we're all on the same page as to what she's saying "yes" or "no" to.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.