[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seeing if there is any new advice I haven't heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 008lm0.jpg (32 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
008lm0.jpg
32 KB, 400x283
So almost 2 years ago me and Dillon S decided we were going to start selling collectibles. I was still living in Austin at the time and started using my own money to buy magic collections and he got into my little pony cards.
After a few months I decided that to move things forward I needed to be near him so I moved to Atlanta. For the next year we ran the business "together". Starting about a year ago this time I started getting frustrated with the business. While I had put in a ton of time buying and sorting and other things, donating my own collection of cards + all kinds of collectibles to the business to sell, Dillon was incredibly lazy and was hurting us with his lack of dedication to shipping things in a timely manner etc. etc. and his refusal to sign a basic document agreeing I was partners with him. I did not push him too hard because we were friends.
So time went by and we eventually got a store front and had many months of 40-60k in sales - but I still was not receiving ANY kind of payment from the business and Dillon was still laughing off my attempts to get a document saying I had a stake in the business, but again, I was stupid and continued working my ass off - sorting millions of cards, running all of our ebay sales and such (he was banned from Ebay and not allowed to even login to the ebay account) and all of our facebook/forum/non website sales.
>>
Back around June a mutual friend of ours, Terry Guss, helped at the Origins Game Fair booth. Dillon then got him to come down and help for the Magic Origins release since we were preselling and needed a ton of help sorting and packaging. Dillon agreed. During this time I was having a lot of problems with Dillons refusal to sign a paper/pay me anything for my time and his continued dismissal of problems I had with the way he was running our business. I talked to a few friends, again, about how I felt it was disturbing to me that he was paying Terry to come down and help out and was paying him and essentially replacing me with Terry.
It was a Friday and I finally confronted Dillon and demanded to be paid for my work and to take his father out of the business - as it felt no matter how much revenue we did we were ALWAYS still in debt to his father - We did 50k the month before and he claimed none of it went to his dad. In this time Dillon moved into a very expensive rental house, bought new computers, was constantly buying things. etc. etc . - it's all disturbing stuff to look at back at now but as we were friends at the time I wasn't looking at it the way I am now.
Less than 24 hours later I was woken up to banging on my apartment door - Dillon's dad claimed they needed Dillon's garage door opener (how I got into his house to get to the business room) due to an emergency. I gave it to him and then went to check on the business only to find myself locked out - the crystal commerce admin was changed, the paypal was changed, everything was changed. Dillon refused to answer messages and when I drove over to his house to confront him he claimed I had "stolen 5k" this year. Yet he couldn't tell me where it came from, couldn't tell me how I did it, just made the claim and then refused to ever talk to me again.
Dillon literally screwed me in every sense of the manner.
>>
It wasn't enough to just steal the business I put way more work and effort into than he ever did - he also stole my personal property. Things I kept at his house because we were friends . He refused to return them at any point and through various attempts at getting them back. Not to mention stealing ~2k from the ebay account and never shipping the items, getting theebay account banned to the accumulation ofnegative feedback and thus getting me permanently barred from selling on ebay.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.