[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone here help me psychologically analyze my dream? this one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1427924433400.png (36 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1427924433400.png
36 KB, 255x255
anyone here help me psychologically analyze my dream?

this one scared the shit out of me but it wasnt a traditional nightmare. you know how sometimes in dreams something happens and it seems to be a 'fact' or inherent knowledge that its how the world works? like in real life you know the sky is blue, you dont even think its weird. well in my dream the following happened, but it seemed normal

>people have things that look like peanuts in their brain
>its totally normal to cut someones head open, crack the nuts out of the shell, dispose of the shell and put the nuts right back in your brain
>its about as common as circumcision
>for some reason this fact greatly upset me and i started crying when they started doing it to me and my friend
>i woke up but i was in that sleepy haze that made me think i was still in 'that world'
>and was crying in real life cuz i was sad they took the peanuts out of my brain

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? someone analyze me. send help.
>>
Dreams don't mean jack shit. They're just dreams. There isn't some special window into your subconscious there or something.

Psychoanalytic theory ended up being counter-empirical really often and it's essentially defunct these days for this reason.
>>
It makes me think that you hold on to something very personal to you that you see as absent from everyone else. Try to think about what might be personal to you that you think you could be losing. I think it might be your subconscious telling you that you're afraid of losing something close or important that you consider a par of you.

Also, something like that is real. People get lobotomies where they really do have this peanut-like thing in their frontal lobe removed, but it isn't common or normal, and getting it removed didn't require opening up your head.

Anyway, I hope this helped. Pleasant dreams from now on, Anon.
>>
perhaps you are freaked out about the ways in which people delude themselves? aka they 'remove the shell' of their thinking and throw it away in order to conform?
>>
>>16773309

maybe. it felt more like something we were forced to do. less like something willing.

>>16773296

maybe? i cant think of what. something i lost maybe. idk
>>
Some dreams are random
Most of them are strange
Answer yourself this and maybe yoll see something related
Who was that friend and when was the last time you saw him
Any similar experiences that made you cry
Who took the nuts ( lol)
When was the last time you saw him
Was anything else different from rl
When was the last time you saw smelled or heard peanuts
Good luck
( most are right, most dreams are nothing)
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.