[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've felt for a while that my girlfriend is pretty boring.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: bored.png (113 KB, 413x318) Image search: [Google]
bored.png
113 KB, 413x318
So I've felt for a while that my girlfriend is pretty boring. At first it appeared to be a confidence thing, never went to uni and bullied at high school so maybe only had 3-4 good friends. Fine. I'm pretty social so tried to introduce her slowly to my friends and it went well, she gets on well with both my friends and family.

Over the last year though there's just this real apathy in our relationship, probably from my point of view.

She's a few years younger than me and I feel so bored. Yes I want kids but I'm not there yet, and neither is she (seriously). I went out for a couple of beers after work tonight and she knew I didn't want to stay in. Get home, as per usual she is in her pyjamas and lying watching TV.

I throw a pizza in the oven and when I say I'm going to the pub on my own she gets really flippant and blunt.

So now I am sitting in a pub on my own on 4chan, having a beer.

We live in one of the best cities in the world (and pay the rent to go with it) and her ideal is sitting at home doing fuck all. What a shit scenario.
>>
tyrone doesn't think she is so boring when you two have an argument and you leave your home
>>
>>16772647
what do you do that is so interesting? obviously i dont know you but often people attract other with similar interests.
>>
>I went out for a couple of beers after work tonight and she knew I didn't want to stay in. Get home, as per usual she is in her pyjamas and lying watching TV.

Important point, she asked me what time I would be in (as in leave work and come home) and I said for her to give me a reason to come home (I.e. Organise something just us two, or with friends) as I really didn't want to just watch TV.
>>
>>16772660
she is a women though. not trying to sound sexist but typically women are more submissive in relationships and expect the guy to take control. maybe you should initiate things. i knew a married couple that where in a mess of a relationship and they guy solely blamed his wife when he was equally to blame for the problems
>>
>>16772658
Not a great deal in all honesty. Used to play a bit of sport but injuries stopped that.

I enjoy cooking, traveling, cycling, watching sports, pubs, generally just seeing mates.

I don't want to go out getting hammered every night but I would rather that than sitting at home watching shit TV... If we're talking extremes.

I'm not what I would call interesting, but I certainly wouldn't dream of spending every night after work watching TV whereas she would.

Fuck, I would have stayed at home if she had cooked me a meal for example, but no is just pyjamas and telly.
>>
>>16772669
Yep I'd agree with that, especially in the bedroom.

I did ask her if she wanted to come to the pub and the response was no... She hasn't showered (but had been home for 3 hours)
>>
>>16772654
Good one, as if Tyrone wants to bang a corpse
>>
OP, I agree, watching TV every night blows, I barely watch it at all.

Some people are just conditioned for so many years to derive pleasure from that magical box (others from their pocket boxes). You can try to get her off of it but it can't be easy. Try signing up for an activity together as a couple either in the evenings or for the weekend.
>>
>>16772673
yeah i get where you're coming from. sounds like you do quite a lot of different things, enough to keep you occupied. i can imagine it would be boring if your partner does nothing but watches tv. only thing i can really suggest is trying to get her to do more things, trying to get her some hobbies but at this point she should do it herself. i know women like this and i could never date one
>>
>>16772726
Feels like if I break up with someone I've been going out with for 4 years on the basis that they dont go out every night... Quite hard to justify.
>>
>>16772771
This reminds me of my ex. She was asian so couldn't really drink , but that being said she didn't have any friends, never went out to do anything, and if never had anything to talk about. I tried to explain to her that our experiences as individuals would allow us to come back to the relationship and share things, because doing everything as conjoined twins gets old, and leaves us with nothing to talk about. A relationship is a healthy dose of both together and alone time. I don't really have much advice for you bro, I ended up cheating on my ex out of boredom and breaking up with her. I'd advise you to break up with her before you cheat, at least. Cheating on her is the biggest regret of my life, but ending the relationship wasn't.
>>
Have some events( taco tuesday , party, " lets jogg today" )((try both outdoors and indoors)) try not to do it too suddenly like a whole month of events
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.