[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Podcasts: Addiction To Consuming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: pod.jpg (22 KB, 363x331) Image search: [Google]
pod.jpg
22 KB, 363x331
Anyone else feel like they listen to way too many podcasts? Sometimes I think about what a waste of time it is to just listen to other people talk about shit for hours. This also brings up a bigger conversation about consuming vs creating. I feel like I'm spending too much time consuming other people's creations (podcasts, YouTube vids, etc...), instead of actively challenging myself to produce and improve creatively. It's almost like I'm just passively floating along, not present in my own life. Problem is, whenever I cut out the podcasts, I feels like there's this void and I don't know what to do with my time.

What's something stimulating that I could do instead? Read books? Go for a jog?
>>
the sound of human voices soothes loneliness. Lots of people listen to the radio, etc. What's the difference between this and jogging or reading a book? Practically fucking nothing. What exactly is wrong in your life that you're blaming podcasts for?

this a non-problem.
>>
>>16772555
Depends on if you're learning from it. I listen to comedians podcasts but I want to be a comedian and comedy writer and often learn advice about it.
>>
I listen to so many podcasts now that it feels more like an obligation and get anxiety when they start to stack up. Whenever some new current event happens, I feel like I need to go to all my podcasts and get their take on things.

Then I ask myself... Why do I give a fuck what these guys think about "X, Y, & Z"? Why can't I just form my own opinions and be content with that?

I do think it's probably a cover for loneliness though. I don't really get out much these days, so listening to a group of guys shootin' the shit in a room somewhere provides a sort of artificial social life.
>>
>>16772573
This. I primarily listen to comedy podcasts as well.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.