[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me get an internship, /adv/ I spoke to someone last night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Help me get an internship, /adv/

I spoke to someone last night who worked at an IT company. It just so happened to be the same one i tried working for/ getting an internship with.

However, he himself isnt hiring or looking for interns, but someone else in the company might be.

He added me on facebook and told me I should come by soon.

How do i go about this? I dont want to sound like an autist.

He wanted to give me the other guy's phone number but I thought it would be rude to randomly call someone and ask for an internship/ job.

One of my friends previously had an internship there under the same guy I wanted to work under, and now hes making $80K starting.

I asked him and he said "Just show up."

TL;DR

>someone who works at company told me someone might be hiring
>added me on facebook
>wants me to come by sometime soon even though he himself isnt the one hiring
>dont want to sound autistic
>>
>>16772222
call him and mention that his college gave you the number as he heard he's taking interns
ask for interview for internship - that way you won't sound like you are pulling some strings
>>
pls respond
>>
>>16772244
This

All you have to do is mention the guy who referred you to your potential hirer.
>>
>>16773047

Well, I have two guys recommending me.

My friend told me If i don't get the internship there mentioning him, he can get me hired at his company and start at $50k

but in all honesty i want to learn from this guy instead of working with my friend. My friend learned from this guy, and he's making $80k now starting.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.