[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend Has No Hobbies/No Friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1413306665277.png (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1413306665277.png
42 KB, 300x300
Basically, my girlfriend in college has no friends and nothing she wants to do to get involved with anything or anyone else on campus. All she does is hang out with me in my room and I'm getting tired of not having my own space.

How do I help her get out and live her own life in college instead of following me around like a lost puppy?
>>
>>16772134
Dump her and she'll blossom.
>>
>>16772134
maybe if you weren't always in your room, available to hang out, she would be forced to do other things.

yeah, your gf being a friendless, lazy cunt is the male's fault too.
>>
>>16772142
I'm not always in my room though. I'm out half of the day and when I'm gone too long, she gets mad at me for not being with her.

Also please don't blame me for her problems.
>>
Girls have the ability to create/ renew their social lives at any point.

Ask her if she's using this time to get away from society first. Also gotta realize most girls get attention constantly in public, weather they like it or not. It's not hard to up and get other people's attention as a female, but I imagine it also makes it all seem so fake since most of it, if not everything, is just a ploy into women's pants, and you're already there.

What's she need everyone else for? That's all they want, and she's deciding to give it to you.

Stop complaining plz.
>>
>>16772134
>>16772147

Sounds like a clingy bothersome woman.

She can only change on her own. If you don't want to deal with her poor behavior, then break up. I don't know if she'll "blossom" per se, but if she has any sense it will at least be a wake-up call. Either way, it's not your responsibility to fix her or be stuck with her.
>>
>>16772154

Did you even read the OP? He's not annoyed that she has no friends, he's annoyed that she's a fucking barnacle.
>>
>>16772160
Thank you! Jesus why do people immediately attack me when I ask for help on here? Wtf is this place now, Tumblr 2.0?
>>
>>16772142
>men need to find women friends and activities

What are they toddlers?
>>
>>16772168
Tumblr would hugbox you and tell you that you're always right.

The problem here is that you and your gf have personalities that aren't compatible. You need a girl who is more independent, and she needs a bf who as a big a homebody as she is.

Don't ignore the root of the issue.
>>
How exactly did you tell her this and what was the response?
>>
>>16772134
Well you should probably talk about this with her - don't go running around fixing things for other people, that never works.
If it just doesn't work out you might want to consider breaking up with her.
I know it's pretty blunt but it's the best advice I can give.
>>
>>16772179
yes.
>>
>>16772180
No, Tumblr would blame the male immediately, sort of like what's happening on this thread.
>>16772179
Apparently. Single life sounds great right about now
>>16772181
Haven't told her yet; don't know exactly how to word this so that she'll do it.
>>16772189
No, thank you. I appreciate the advice. Any ideas on how I can phrase this nicely?
>>
>>16772179
Essentially. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLDQVLuBbiw
>>
>>16772160
Yes, I did. Did he ask her why she's being a barnacle?
>>
>>16772205
> Haven't told her yet; don't know exactly how to word this so that she'll do it.

She's in your room all the time but you don't have an open conversation. Awesome. That's fine.
>>
>>16772214
I try to talk to her about doing stuff outside of the room, but she just ignores me and then gets pissed. I'll be more direct and blunt then.

>>16772212
I don't care why she's a barnacle. That's not my problem, that's hers.
>>
>>16772225
>I don't want to find out the source of the problem so that we can work on the issue together
>>
Went through the same thing with an Ex. Didnt want me to be away from her for too long, had no friends, but didnt want to do anything other than play videogames.

Youll realize that most women are like this.

In my case , she cheated on me with my then-best friend.

I kicked her out, she moved with him to florida, and now shes studying to become a Nurse assistant and is working part time as a bartender.

Moral is : leave her if you love her and want her to grow. Just dont expect her to come back.
>>
>>16772236
I know what the source of the problem is. Maybe I should have specified that earlier.

She's extremely shy and self-concious about herself around other people. I'm safe and make her happy, so she sticks to me to feel better.
>>
>>16772225
Dude just leave her, she isn't bringing anything but her pussy to the table. Date a chick that wants to do things but doesn't require you pay for them.
>>
>>16772237
Damn. Well, I think that's the best advice I gotten on this whole thread. Thank you for explaining that out to me man.
>>
>>16772251
Yup, gonna look for a girl with more financial independence. Thanks for your help.
>>
>>16772225
>>16772236
Got him to say it. Is the thread over now?
>>
>>16772245
Gotta get more information, did something cause her to become shy or insecure?

If so, at what point did it happen, explain that shit happens, she's not first or the last it will happen to, and repressing herself isn't going to help you or her.
>>
>>16772272
That shit usually happens because Junior High is the worst time in people's lives.
>>
>>16772253

mfw i had the best advice
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.