[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>shared a poem I wrote with a friend/acquaintance via google
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (416 KB, 1035x1105) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
416 KB, 1035x1105
>shared a poem I wrote with a friend/acquaintance via google docs
>a while after sending it, see that there are 4 anonymous viewers
>a while after seeing the viewers, they all disappear which implies that the anonymous viewer indicator is in real-time, not cumulative

Fuck, I'm anxious. I have no idea if she shared the poem because she's/they're laughing at it or because she likes it.

Considering how difficult it is to write a decent/good poem, I'm guessing she's laughing at it with her friends. Kinda sucks to be trying to make new friends and express yourself only to have someone sharing your shit without permission and presumably laughing at you behind your back.
>>
Don't presume too much. But you should tell your friend about your confidentiality. Make it clear to your friend this was for her eyes only.
>>
>>16772094
Perhaps she wanted to share it because she thought it was very beautiful? But with something that personal she did make a mistake just forwarding it like that.

Was it a love poem?
>>
>>16772094
She was making fun of you for sure. Don't call her out on it, just stop hangong out with her.

Take this with a grain because I think that poetry is the most embarassing major artistic form and that lyrics are the least important aspect to music.
>>
Bump

I dunno what to do or how to handle this
>>
>>16772094
>Poem
Hahahahaha faggot.
>>
I love poems and I love the lyrical artwork people make.

Post poem and we decide if they were laughing @ you or was it admiration
>>
>>16772625
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y52TBNTutR2sOsdzh6EAB6zOVXOdUgWFuAT-YsLIkWk/edit?usp=docslist_api
>>
>>16772639
I don't have any taste in literature or anything, but I liked it. Hope you don't mind that I saved it
>>
>>16772639
It's not groundbreaking or anything, but I think anyone could see that it's at least of some quality.
If they're laughing at you then they're fucking stupid, but I doubt that's the case.
>>
>>16772094
I read it from the link, it was fine. Not that great, honestly, but fine.
Most people dont know shit about poetry so her response to it will just be an indication of if she likes you or not. If she laughs then fuck off, if she says she likes it, continue talking to her.
Lol from reading your poem, and seeing that you are only an acquaintance, its clear that your trying to lay her/date her. Showing her a poem was not a bad idea, but I wouldnt do that until you either are close w/ her or really good at writing

Also if you like poetry, the best advice Ive ever heard is to write 100 poems then burn them.

Making good shit just takes a hell of a lot of practice and keeping your eyes open. Keep working.
>>
>>16772755
As long as you don't try to pass it off as your own, you're all good, Anon. I was happy with referencing Atlas and Atlas Shrugged so concisely and meaningfully within the context of the poem and its story.

>>16772773
Thanks, Anon. I appreciate it.

>>16772794
Eh, I'm only 22. I've got plenty of time to improve. I'm not trying to date/lay her though. She's part of my social circle and has been kind of disinterested in talking to me, at least that's the impression I've gotten. Sharing the poem had more to do with helping her get to know me and to connect with her because she likes to poetry too.

Ironically, it isn't very personal in relation to my other poems. Since she's more of an acquaintance, I went with this one. I will say that I think it's less cheesy than most breakup poems, or at least in relation to the stereotypical breakup poem.
>>
>>16772826
>writing or even writing break up poetry
Wew lawd use that time to improve wisely
>>
>>16772840
>writing or even writing break up poetry
>writing or even writing
>mocking or even mocking break up poetry
>mocking or even mocking
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.