[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one convert to a religion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: sumoclimb.jpg (87 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sumoclimb.jpg
87 KB, 1024x768
How does one convert to a religion?
>>
>>16771327
Depends on the religion, the initiation process is different for each one
>>
>>16771327
Talk to a priest/rabbi/pastor/imam. Be given books to read and be taught about the religion. In some cases this is a formal process, like taking a course. In others it's like home study. Eventually you will go through some formal ceremony welcoming you into the religion.
>>
>>16771327

Some religions you can just declare yourself a member of without any specific ceremonies.
>>
>Find 2 witnesses
>Proclaim the only true god is Allah and there are no other gods but him
Congrats you a mulim now.

I think it's really tricky to convert to Judaism if you don't have anyone in your family who is Jewish, especially if there's no one from the mother's side

Christianity is just
>Water my head senpai and save me from eternal damnation
>>
>>16771567
Not quite true; to be a Catholic and many Orthodox, for example, unless it is an emergency you have to go through 6-12 months of education and then a formal ritual to join
>>
>>16771599
And baptist will dunk the shit out of you till you come up filled with the holy ghost.
>>
>>16771518
Where do I find one?

>>16771551
Which ones?

>>16771567
I heard you can become a jew if you ask to become a jew three times and they gotta say no but you gotta persist.
>>
>>16771627
>Where do I find one?
Are you retarded or pretending?
Prety sure retarded is the right answer.
>>
>>16771627
These people can be found at a church, a temple, another sort of church, and a mosque respectively.
If you're this dumb, you're trolling for people angry about religion.
>>
>>16771327
What religion are you interested in? They're all different, even within the same generalized faith. Some make it easy, others make it really difficult.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.