[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was joking around with my gf and I saw this picture of a wedding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1435902639220.jpg (21 KB, 640x418) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1435902639220.jpg
21 KB, 640x418
I was joking around with my gf and I saw this picture of a wedding ring made of macaroni, and since macaroni and cheese is her favorite food, I showed it to her and said "this is the ring I'm getting you"

All of a sudden she gets super serious and tells me not to joke like that and I better be going to zales or Kay jewlers, like she actually thought I was getting her a macaroni ring.

But what further worries me is how she reacted that way. It was so weird. Normally she'd just laugh at something like that. Is she seriously thinking about marriage? The only time I've ever talked about it was when I sent her a real sappy text message when she was feeling down, telling her I'd like to wake up every morning and call her my wife (real sappy but cute)

We've been together for over a year. When should things be brought up?
>>
Sounds like a vapid, materialistic whore. You should probably dump her
>>
>>16770491
2nd
>>
>>16770491
This
>>
>>16770484
Do they still put decoder rings in cereal boxes?
>>
Depends on how long you both have lived together and your age. If you're older than 25 then yeah she's looking to get married soon. A year or two of being together is way too short to even think about marriage though.
About the ring... that is really messed up. I didnt give a crap about my ring. My husband got me some $60 ring off ebay and I love it. I spent $80 on his. We didn't even have a ceremony-just said vows at the court house.
Did you tell her you expect her to get you a ring from the same stores too? Because it's only fair.
>>
you do realize that now you have to get her a macaroni ring
>>
>>16770491
This. She didnt play along with your joke, therefore saying, "I aint gonna be cutesie with you if you dont get me flashy expensive shit.
>>
File: matrimony and cheese.jpg (51 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
matrimony and cheese.jpg
51 KB, 570x570
Was this the ring? This is adorable as hell.

I'm not gonna say dump her, but keep an eye out. She might just have been having a shit week or something, but if she gets like that a lot, you might not be right for each other.
>>
>>16770626

omg.

buy this and give it to her.

if she doesnt have sense of humor enough to endure this, can you really picture sharing half of everything you make with her?

/thread
>>
I am sorry but this is autistic as hell. Do not get the fucking macaroni ring as some anons proposed. She probably just doesn't want her marriage to be a joke because it's something which she actually cares about.
>>
>>16771131

no its just,

anyone who doubts the sincerity of their partner's feelings over something as ridiculous as this, as you say feels their marriage is a joke, strikes us as ridiculously childish, materialistic, shallow, and basically not really long term material.

think about it this way.

how weak is her grasp on how she feels about him if a stupid ring, a trinket of no tangible intrinsic value other than retail, is needed to reaffirm it?
>>
She probably has a friend who received a cool The Crow pewter novelty ring for an engagement and just wants to educate anybody who will listen about how that is pretty tasteless for the most part. I know several people who went the Jack Skellington wedding route and its embarrassing.
>>
>>16771137

What line in the OP made you think that its about sincerity? It's about taste, and not bringing shame to both families. OP made it clear that they haven't discussed marriage seriously anyways. At some point you have to grow up and realize that a wedding isn't a novelty situation unless both partners are really really dedicated to said hobby/franchise/whatever.
>>
>>16771148
Are you Indian?
>>
You have to remember women are more emotional. She can't read your mind, so she doesn't know how much of a joke it is. Especially if you bring it up more than once.

>I'd like to wake up every morning and call her my wife
>this is the ring I'm getting you

That makes people anxious. Not sure what a good comparison would be
Girl:
>If we had a baby I wonder what it'd look like
>Hey I tried one of those online things that shows your baby, look he's adorable!

And both of those things can just be for fun, and not serious.But it's going to worry people when they don't know the other's intention.
>>
>>16771148

are you even reading the same thread?

>What line in the OP made you think that its about sincerity?

ok, the part where he explained

>I was joking around with my gf...

and then he provided us with her response

>...she gets super serious and tells me not to joke like that...

Someone only gets super serious like that when they feel threatened somehow. and the only way she should feel threatened in an obviously joking scenario like this, is if she has doubts about her feelings, or about the sincerity of his feelings towards her that she NEEDS a diamond that amounts to a chunk of his ability to make money.

the problem OP has isnt "When should things be brought up. " the problem is that OP has warning bells going off. not about if she's serious about marriage you'll notice, but her downright caustic emotionally charge flip on him.

he's worried that he didn't see it coming, and doesn't want that to happen again.
>>
>>16770484
oh boy, welcome to your mid twenties, or your overly mature gf. In any case, OP, there's this magical time in life when girls start actually caring about marriage, and when this happens, all joking and mentions of marriage must cease; to reiterate: avoid the m-word like the fucking plague, unless you have an engagement ring in your pocket. Take this as a lesson learned and remove this stupid word from your vocabulary. Its not funny, its not cute. Girls have been brainwashed by Disney and will literally take hostages to get you tied down. Its your life, but I wouldn't be the dumbass that awakens their sleeping agenda.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.