[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"crazy" neighbor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
My neighbor is out to get us. Literally, I live next to a lunatic. She's called the cops on my family for no reason, accusing us of stalking her and other illegal things. Every time the police respond, they investigate and conclude that in fact she is crazy but she hasn't done anything illegal. today i was taking out the garbage, she came out front to the sidewalk & put her fingers to her neck (a threat, las if she was saying "'m gonna cut you") as she filmed me with a camera. It was definitely her trying to provoke me and film a reaction. I told the cops for the record but obviously I have no proof so nothing can happen. We live in a nice neighborhood. She goes on rants every now and then, yelling loudly which makes me think its schizophrenia, but she only does it when her tenants aren't home however my other neighbors have heard that she rants. I don't even know how she pays for food because only a lunatic does that kind of shit. Her house looks terrible and hasn't been maintained in ages so I'm gonna assume food and utility costs come from both tenants renting and inheritance or something? Everyone knows she's crazy. I'm just worried now that she's actually going to act out because apparently she's been checked out by a doctor and all is good....there's nothing that the police can do until they have actual evidence that she's harmful. She's not giving me any tangible evidence and I'm pissed off that I have to put up with this
>>
It's been going on for years. What do I do?
>>
is your neighbor effectsofmaledominance
>>
File: 1372212482175.jpg (219 KB, 997x815) Image search: [Google]
1372212482175.jpg
219 KB, 997x815
>>16770394

Collect evidence/make notes of times and dates that she behaves erratically/dangerously. Present this to the police and request that mental health professionals get involved and hold her on a mandatory psyche hold.

If she is threatening you and behaving in an unsafe manner the police are legally obligated to report this to your local psychiatric unit, and remind them that not doing so is illegal, so don't stop calling them until they send a cop who is willing to do their job because nine times out of ten cops don't give a shit about mentally ill people until they flip out, and unfortunately in your position you can't afford to wait that long.

So either do that, or move.
>>
Set up a cam or two to always record the public area out front of your houses. Have it save the last 48 hours or so, whenever she acts up remember to copy the relevant sections of video. Hell, if you're broke and have no harddrive space, you could even just set it to snap a pic every 30-60 seconds.

If she's as crazy as you say, you'll have enough evidence in no time.
>>
>>16770401
Don't do anything, she's just a crazy old woman. She's probably harmless. We all have to deal with them, you'd be better off just laughing off her crazyness than letting it infect you.

The police won't do anything, unless she actually harms herself or someone else. You'd only be setting yourself up for harassment charges if you start documenting her craziness.

>>16770493
Or just move, eventually she'll die though.
>>
Can you get a restraining order?
>>
>>16770493
Thanks anon. She's already seen a professional and I think she's prescribed meds but I'm not sure if she's just not taking them or whatever. All I know is that she's still acting up even though she's seeing people. At this point yeah, we're actually considering moving after 16 years in this house...I just don't want to go outside anymore because I'm worried she has a weapon or something crazy. I don't even know...
>>
>>16770394
get a hidden sousveillance device, record every interaction with her. Its a bit of a pain, but they're getting pretty cheap. I really wish I had done this before a crazy woman accused me of assaulting her (when in fact she attacked me unprovoked and I didn't even defend myself). She ended up getting laughed out of court and I was vindicated, but if I had a video it would have saved me a night in jail, lawyer fees and a whole bunch of stressful bullshit I didn't need
>>
>>16770540
I could...but after all. She's my neighbor. We've already seen a lawyer about it, a few years back and nothing went through. It'd be a waste of time and money
>>
>>16770518
The thing is. She's smart about it. She knows the game she's playing because she doesn't give me any great opportunities to get evidence. The yelling happens at random times...sometimes late at night and by the time I grab my phone it stops and a recording device wouldn't pick much up in all honesty. Even with what happened today, technically a video of what she did could be "just her scratching her throat" in court.
>>
I am in a very very similar situation. My neighbor does the same thing, screaming and talking to nobody. If I pull up to my house and the lights are on in her house, she will turn them all off to watch me. She's keyed my car multiple times. Has threatened my family, constantly stalking. Police will not do anything about the situation. After literally 10 different calls, finally see was summoned to court and issued an order of protection, they would not even give us a restraining order. Everything was logged and dated in writing, the judge disregarded this evidence for some reason. Nobody cares until it's too late.
>>
>>16770531
>Don't do anything, she's just a crazy old woman. She's probably harmless
>probably

Yes, OP, do nothing. There's a good 90% chance she won't cause you severe bodily harm some day. No worries!
>>
>>16770593
Its such a frustrating situation! Mostly because I literally live right beside her and I have to just accept it until I move or she goes away. We all see crazy people when we're in public every now and then, but I feel like it's not fair that I have to live next to one in a perfectly normal reputable suburb.
>>
It seems like you might want to get a security camera of some sort. It seems somewhat unlikely that she'll do much, but better safe than sorry.

You can buy an IP cam on the web for around $30. Just stick it near a window with a clear view of where she usually is weird, and let it record.
>>
>>16770493
It's not that we in law enforcement don't give a shit, it's that the mentally ill have rights too. Can't arrest them for being crazy, can't arrest them for a crime without evidence.

Not going to waste perfectly good time we could be arresting criminals or getting drunks off the road spinning our wheels accomplishing nothing with your crazy (but not criminal) neighbor.

Also, you guys should know there's a difference between a felony and a misdemeanor and most of the time the crazies are committing citation type misdemeanors. Nothing they can be arrested for, just ticketed, which only exacerbates the problem.
>>
read up on schizophrenia and this seems in the same ballpark
if you could somehow convince her that you and your family are not gangstalking her but are friends
oh well
gl with that shit there is no cure
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.