[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be last april >dad tells me to move in with him (i was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1454262351421.jpg (71 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1454262351421.jpg
71 KB, 500x377
>be last april
>dad tells me to move in with him (i was struggling on my own) and he'll help me with finishing college
>past few months have been a nightmare
>I contribute a small portion of rent because im poor
>rent is 1500, i pay 300, dad pays rest
>dad makes a little over 5000 a month, we're middle class, nothing special
>since about November, dad impulse buys away all our rent money
>November/December he went crazy on gifts and holiday stuff
>January, he spends his whole month's pay getting suckered in to buying a motorcycle he hadn't saved up for, but wanted (he wanted to go to dealer to browse and ended up walking out with one.)
>We're bordering eviction just because our account is short like 75 bucks

I've even asked my SO who doesn't even live with us to help us pay our rent the past two months in a row. I make barely anything after paying rent and bills, so I only have 4 dollars in my account right now.

My dad harvests weed when the season comes, and he's desperately making sales. Like, this amount of uncertainty throws me off so hard.

We were almost evicted like three times in a row already. Also, my dad had bad credit, so they ran my credit and I'm the main person on the lease. If we get evicted, it falls on me. And here my dad is just impulsively buying everything he sees when he said this was a "financially safe" place for me to finish college.

I'm so stuck. I denied extra hours at my job to make time for school, but now I need the hours and they gave them to someone else. We're stuck on the lease until April. My dad keeps blaming it on everyone but himself. And even when the lease ends, I have nowhere to go and since I denied the fucking extra hours, I can't even afford to rent a room in Southern California. Jesus christ. Any insight?
>>
>>16770146
Tell him he needs to sell his motorbike. it'll by you some time.
>>
>>16770227
I don't know if he will, but can he do that if it's being financed? He put his paycheck as a down payment, now makes monthly payments on it.

He doesn't get paid until next thursday. I don't get paid until next wednesday, and the deadline to pay before eviction is the 8th.
>>
>>16770240

Take up a small loan?
>>
Borrow money from someone? Tell your dad to stop spending money on things he cant afford. Ask for an early pay check? Tell them you are struggling? Ask your dad to ask for early pay check?
>>
>>16770247
He's already taken loans this month and can't take anymore.

Can I do that if I only make 700 dollars per month?

>>16770253
I've borrowed money from everyone I can already. Asking my boyfriend to help pay for the third time in a row is embarrassing. The relationship between he and my dad is declining, I don't know if he'll let us borrow again.

The other side of my family (mom's side) doesn't want to help at all. My mom and dad have had an ongoing feud for 22 years. My mom will know it is from him buying the motorcycle, and she especially will not want to help.
>>
>>16770253
Can I ask for an early pay check if I work a government-paid job?
>>
>>16770264

hmm I see, does your dad have a plan? He put you guys in this situation...
>>
>>16770264
>Can I do that if I only make 700 dollars per month?

Not sure, hmm. You could probably get a credit card, but thats not very smart. Very hard to pay back, only trouble.

>Can I ask for an early pay check if I work a government-paid job?

Not sure, maybe ask them
>>
>>16770272
I don't know. He just said rent is going to be late because he didn't have a check to write it on. He tried going to the bank but didn't make it in time and they closed.

Today was the final day before a 75 dollar late fee is racked onto our rent, then on the 5th, we get a notice saying we have 3 days to pay or get out. So we need to have at least 75 more dollars to stay.

I know my dad is going to obsessively try to sell weed. My biggest fear of that is him getting caught.

I have no idea what any other plan of his would be other than trying to sell his belongings. Personally, I have nothing to sell or I would.
>>
fake thread,

OP doesn't know how leases work, they would never ever rent to him since he can't ever afford the rent on his own.
>>
>>16770280

Then the only option is to ask other people to borrow, even if terrible difficult. Street performance, begging or prostitution....
>>
>>16770302
It's not fake. When we applied for the apartment, they said that my dad's credit didn't go through. Then they said they can try mine if we repaid the credit check fee. It went through and my name is on all the utilities and they have me as the main person.

I don't know if what my apartment did was legal or not, but thats how we got to live here.
>>
>>16770302
Also, the rent is 1500, he makes 5000 per month. Financially, we were in the clear, but my dad's credit was what was bad.

It's his impulsive spending on material items each month that make us not able to make rent. It's not that his paycheck is too low.
>>
>>16770304
I've started asking. I ended up tellng my mom, but she said she wasn't going to help. She said if we get evicted, she said I always have a place with her. Not like that's much better, my mom impulsively spends too and is financially dependent on my grandparents.

I talked to my boyfriend, but he just had to pay all his class fees and is down to his last dollars too.

My mom said this is not my responsibility. She said to not get stressed over it because it was my dad's doing. She's right. I've done all I can do.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.