[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm so tired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: cute-cat-funny-tired-background.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
cute-cat-funny-tired-background.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
I have an almost full time job, and I start really early in the morning. Usually about 7-9 a.m. I work about 5 days a week. I get about 8-9 hours of sleep a night but I go to bed tired and then I wake up tired. Its getting really exhausting and I don't know what to do. My job is also very hard on my body and my muscles hurt all the time which makes it hard to fall asleep. I don't know what to do, does anybody have any advice how I could feel less tired?
>>
If you have trouble falling asleep, have you tried melatonin? I've found it really helpful for that. It doesn't keep you asleep, but it can help put you there.

In the US and many other countries it is sold over the counter as a 'dietary supplement' but it has absolutely no dietary use and is really only used as a sleep aid.
>>
Might be your diet, not getting all the protein and vitamins you need on a daily basis. Exactly how is your job hard on your body?
>>
>>16770141
Honestly, there's no real advice for you other than getting a better job, or at least a place that pays better so you don't have to work so many days.

It doesn't really get any better apart from becoming numb to the stresses of work until you hurt yourself.
>>
File: 1447562095168.png (163 KB, 566x227) Image search: [Google]
1447562095168.png
163 KB, 566x227
>>16770141
Stop being a limp wristed bitch.
>>
Go to a doctor to get blood samples, check for malnutrition, diabetes and thyroid condition. Standard to rule that out.

I was tired all the time but it got better when i improved my diet and started using q10 supplement. Read some about q10.
>>
>>16770150
I've tried melatonin and it helps me get to sleep, but I never stay asleep which seems worse to me. Plus I seem to always have really crazy stressful dreams when I take it.
>>16770151
I probably walk around about 4-5 miles a day and most the time I'm jogging not walking. Its also really stressful because my boss is always getting on me about being faster.
>>16770153
I'm obviously looking my job sucks, I'm just looking for advice until then.
>>
Do you do stretches before and after work?
>>
>>16770169
I don't have health insurance or I might go to a doctor, but I'll definitely give q10 a try thank you.
>>
>>16770200

Here is a site that has a pretty good article about it

https://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/coenzyme-q10

Ahh I see, is a standard medical check up very pricy?
>>
>>16770183
No salty foods before bed. Sleep on 90 minute increment. I. E. 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, or 7.5 hours of sleep. That is the time it takes for your body to complete a REM cycle.
Don't eat greasy foods so much and stay away from soda.
Get as much sunlight as you can during the day.
Install f.lux on your comp, its a free program that makes your comp screen simulate the sunset based on region to help your brain get ready for bed. I use it. Works for me.

Also communicate more with your boss. Communication is key to any relationship including employers.
>>
>>16770225
Last time I went to the doctor they charged me $168 to tell me I had a cold. Cause I thought I had strep throat. I'm not willing to pay that ridiculous amount again for them to tell me to change my diet. I'm probably so tired cause o work all the time and I don't want to spend my hard earned money for nothing.
>>
>>16770150
I'm not op but I remember when I tried melatonin I was suddenly moody af
>>
>>16770244
I've been really desperate for sleep and I've been taking melatonin every night for about a week. I thought it was PMS but the timing wasn't right and I was really confused. This actually makes a lot of sense, I think I'm gonna stop taking those. Cause my boyfriend seemed to actually be getting really upset with how moody I've been.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.