[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1/3 There's a girl I've latterly taken quite a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 911stillhappened1x1.jpg (44 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
911stillhappened1x1.jpg
44 KB, 270x270
>1/3
There's a girl I've latterly taken quite a liking to. But she's puzzling at times. And I can't tell if she is interested, or very polite and nice, or absent-minded.

We've met about over a year ago on campus. I ignored her at first, but found her staring at me now-and-then before finally coming over and introducing herself. And we got along really well. Great conversations and bouncing off each other and all the jazz. But even then she would act weird. As in after we departed to head to our class, she would shyly look behind her at me, and give a weak wave.

Yet when I finally got around to asking her out, she suggested coffee at first, then started shaking while we kept talking about where to go, saying she's been bombarded by guy-after-guy that month constantly asking her out, and that it's been putting her on edge. All before she just stopped talking altogether, and walked away without saying a thing.

I didn't see her again until just a few months ago, at the start of the year. She was quite of distant, quiet, and not very talkative. But for whatever, I kept trying before giving up, not wanting to feel like I was stalking her. However, when I said I was going to take off, she lit up with an unusually bright, sweet smile on her face before saying "good-bye." And then just a few minutes after, when I was at a nearby water fountain, I saw her again, and she once more lit up with a gorgeous smile, and waving at me as she passed on by. She has since then been more kind and more friendly.
>>
>>16768264
>2/3
I've been seeing her around more often starting last month. At least twice a week. And whenever we're in the same room, hall, or library, she, every single time, will come over to talk and hang out; even if for a few minutes. And each time, she would smile at me from a distance and move right over to chat.

She's always nice, but mostly quiet when she speaks. Sometimes she isn't very talkative, while other times a lot more lively and intuitive. Or whenever we see each other over a distance, like in the library computer lab, she'll always smile very luminously into my eyes before going back to what she was doing. Every. Damn. Time. And I never see her talking to anyone else, or even approaching another person.

Not only will she donate a few minutes to hang out, but she'll give me a hug any time (she thinks) I'm offering one. Example: when I was waving good-bye to her, she took that I was opening up for a hug, and goes straight in for it. And even at times when she seems reluctant, her hugs are always tight.
>>
>>16768267
>3/3
However, there are some weird patterns I've noticed with her. As in one day she's pretty quiet, soft-spoken, and like she's off somewhere else in her head (as she would put it). The next day, more talkative, affectionate, happier. The next, back to quiet and distant. The next, back to being lively and chipper. And it constantly repeats like that.

Yet, I've been telling more jokes lately to get more of a reaction out of her. And she'll either laugh (especially during days she seems more energetic). Or just say "that's funny" (especially during days she's more quiet).

Lastly, during one of our recent hugs, for whatever reason (and I promise you I did not intend for this to happen) I just uncontrollably blurted out "wanna hang out some time?" Again, it just came out me from nowhere. And her response was exactly "ye-maybe." Like you heard "yes" before immediately turning it into a "maybe."

So I don't really get her. I really like her and hope she's interested. But if not, and she just only sees me as a friend, it would be a huge blow to me, and I'll probably just cut myself out of her life altogether and keep a sad distance between us.
>>
>>16768264
>>16768267
>>16768272

Everything about this just SCREAMS that no - this girl doesn't wanna date you, or maybe anybody at the moment. This is based on your point of view of the situation, but she definitely looks like she appreciates you friendship, but isn't interested romantically.

She got happy when you said you were giving up because, cool, now she doesn't have to refuse your advances anymore and you seem like a decent enough guy to have around.
>>
>>16768287
Guess it's time to drop her then.
>>
>>16768302

Probably. She looks lonely and stressed out, but she would have reciprocated by now if a relationship or even hook up was something she wanted.
>>
>>16768357
I'm thinking of admitting my feelings to her some time soon. But after that, depending on how she acts, I plan on keeping my distance from her completely. Don't know how well that'll go.
>>
Bumpity-doo-doo.
>>
>>16768264
>>16768267

judging from the way you tried to post this i think you are beyond help. but needless to say, you need to pull your head out of your ass. she doesn't only smile at you or only talk to you. she sees you as a friendly receptive ear. she doesn't like you, or else you'd be sleeping w/ her.

bc unlike you she probably understands human emotions so if she thought you had any potential at all as a mate she would be exploring that.

instead imagine you resemble a fence for her to lean on when she needs it.
>>
>>16770262
This would've been fine advice had it not been for the misogynistic "she only sees as an emotional tampon" stereotype.
>>
>>16768302
>>16769120
So just because she might not return your romantic feelings, you're going to completely drop her and cut all contact?
You don't even think this girl you supposedly have feelings for is even worth your friendship? Even though she clearly values you and your friendship?

I'd her cut completely out of my life too, if I were you. She clearly doesn't need, and deserves more than, a selfish dick like you in her life if that's how you feel.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.