[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
addicted to pizza!??!?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 16b.gif (440 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
16b.gif
440 KB, 500x281
so I have changed my diet and for the past week been eating very healthy. though stuff I enjoy. lots of veggies, as little sugar as possible, not too much fat etc.

at first I felt significantly more energetic; but after a few days I ran out of energy (despite exercising and 8+ hours sleep) more quickly than ever. also my shit got near diarrhea. I have continued nonetheless but felt like something was missing.
So, I didn't really crave pizza (bc I ate tasty stuff the last weak even though it was healthy) but I just had pizza just to figure it out - and I'm more energetic than the days before. Am I addicted to fast food?? Why didn't it drain me down? For the first time in a couple of days I feel very good again. Why does eating pizza make me feel so good? (sidenote: I used to eat a lot of pizza over the last years; like up to 4-5 times a week)
>>
apparently you weren't eating healthy.
>>
Compromise yo, pizza can be made healthy, it's all in the ingredients.
>>
>>16767967

Your body is used to the energy found in the simple sugars in the pizza. It may be bad for you in the long run, but your body is used to processing it, so it has become recognized by your brain as an ideal source of quick energy and your brain is being rewarded with dopamine for finding the reliable energy source leaving you feeling addicted.
>>
File: 0102161557.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
0102161557.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>16767967
just make "healthy" pizza ;)
>>
I work at a pizza place, so I eat grotesque amounts of pizza. Outside of work, I excercise moderately and have a balanced diet so I have no apparent health issues from it. However, many of my coworkers have enormous guts and pizza can be pretty damaging to your health. Pizza has a protein called Casein or something that causes it to have addiction-like qualities, so that might explain your behavior. My recommendation is to stay away from heavy meats (red meat, pork) as a topping, and do light to no cheese and lots of vegetables and the thinnest crust possible.
>>
>>16768217

What's the point if it doesn't tatse as indulgent?
>>
>>16767967
You didn't feel like you had any energy probably because you weren't eating enough carbs, or calories, or both.
>>
>>16768286
its fuel
>>
You're probably used to hormone spikes from your former diet. I'm talking about the hormones which regulate aspects of your metabolism like insulin, ghrelin, leptin, etc. Ones that are sensitive to the macronutrient content in the food you eat. Don't sweat it. Have a cup of coffee (black!) and push through. You'll adjust. Hell I read a paper once about there being no significant athletic disadvantage to a ketogenic diet of all things. Their muscles can work with scant carbs. Yours can work on a new healthy diet. It just takes time to acclimate.
>>
M8, let me tell you a little something about Pizza addiction.

I'm addicted to pizza.

It's always been the case since Pizza Hut included game demo discs with their launch of Stuffed Crust back when it was marketed to eat it backwards.

I've ordered pizza for about 90% of my meals since the age of 17, and continue to do so now.

I only do cheese as a topping, sometimes 6 cheese, sometimes original cheese, sometimes extra cheese.

I hook that shit up, I go brand to brand, all the time. Mostly ever since Red Baron changed their frozen recipe.

My current favorite frozen is the Screaming Scicillian, and that's only when it's on sale 'cause it can be expensive. Digiorno Stuffed Crust is a close second, but also must be on sale.

For delivery, I mostly prefer Pizza Hut, but they're slowly losing me with shit ideas and forced crust flavors. You literally tell them to put no crust flavor on, and it's still got that shitty hut favorite no matter what.

So, Dominos pan is now where it's at in the delivery world.

It never fades, it'll never end. Pizza will always be your go to, and it will always be the greatest thing ever when you are eating it.

There's no substitute.

You just have to stop eating as much of it.

I used to smash a whole large stuffed crust in one sitting.

Now, I know better, I eat 3 slices, leaving 5 left, then reheat 2 or 3 at the next meal, and 2 or 3 on the one after that. And, I've lost significant amount of weight with this trick.

I went from 320 pounds, fat piece of shit, sleeping in a recliner that I had been using as a computer chair to play Warcraft in, to a 220 pound average man who likes pizza and can actually jog a couple blocks without being completely winded. (just kidding, I'd still be winded as fuck.)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.