[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i be the best of myself?I really want to devote myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1454275182885.png (28 KB, 622x659) Image search: [Google]
1454275182885.png
28 KB, 622x659
How can i be the best of myself?I really want to devote myself to some subject but i cant choose which one and its killing me
>>
Find out what your values are first

http://media.self-help.tools/worksheets/english_us/values_en-us.pdf
>>
>>16767959
Obviously Education/Personal growth&development and Spirituality
>>
>>16767978
good! now on to the next step:
http://media.self-help.tools/worksheets/english_us/activity_selection_en-us.pdf
>>
>>16767946
You have to decide what makes you the most happy, what do you enjoy doing the most.
>>
>>16767979
What does this have to do with anything?
>>
>>16767981
The problem is that i find a lot of things interesting but i don't know on which one to focus on.
>>
>>16768007
list them here
>>
>>16768013
Math/Physics
Literature
Theology
Music
Philosophy
>>
>>16768029
OK, now cut two of them from the list. You have to be serious about this choice. Which are the two you could realistically be happy without focusing on in your life?
>>
>>16768029
>>16768039
Also when you say devote yourself to a subject, are you talking about in university?
>>
>>16767946
Same as you OP. Finally started taking some college classes but my aspirations are a vague mashup of:
Healthcare (for the money so I could pursue my hobbies with ease),
Biology/Psychology (easily the most interesting fields of academics for me, I could probably study these for the rest of my life without burnout),
Music (writing songs, singing, and playing guitar are the greatest joys in my life),
Video game design (Mostly an idea guy but I have completed entire soundtracks on FL studio, never got past the programming stage even with game maker)

I'm I could do a lot of good with my life right now but I have no clue how to put myself on the right track. I also struggle with a lack of motivation, depression and loneliness. I'm hoping aimlessly taking classes will grant me clairvoyance.
>>
>>16768039
>>16768039
>OK, now cut two of them from the list. You have to be serious about this choice.
>serious about this choice
Its the reason why i cant.
>>
>>16768101
I hear what you're saying, but that's a very wide range of subjects. Math and Philosophy are totally different, surely you find one more interesting then the other...
>>
>>16767946
hit the gym and get FIT and HUGE

there's nothing better than working in you own body before anything (unless you very poor then maybe getting a better job is a priority)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.