[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"love letters"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: this kills the man.png (142 KB, 273x305) Image search: [Google]
this kills the man.png
142 KB, 273x305
Hey guys, I'm trying to write a nice romantic letter to a girl and I could use some help, like things to avoid/include.
We aren't dating right now and we've kinda talked about it, but she was in a weird "on and off again" place with her now ex boyfriend. They recently broke up for good
Right now all I have is a list of quirky things she does that I really like.
>>
>we've kind of talked about it

meaning she soft-rejected you and you don't get it.
>>
Do not do this. Love letters are for people who already share and recognize love. You're not even close to that point yet. What's appropriate for your position is to show your affection instead. Take her out. Enjoy the quirky things in person and tell her you like them in person.
>>
>>16767112
>>16767115
So no note of any kind? I was going to try to make it mostly casual, but still clear if that makes sense
>>
>>16767157
No note of any kind. Just take her out.
>>
>>16767157
Definitely no note. You're already trying to make it both "casual" and "romantic." That'll most likely end up awkward, or could be confusing about whether or not it's serious.
If you ask her out before Valentine's Day though, you could save the list for then. It'd be nice little thing, though might work better reading it to her instead of just giving it. And Valentines Day is meant for that kind of cheesy stuff.
>>
>>16767217
>Valentines Day is meant for that kind of cheesy stuff
Even if we are still in the same position that we're in now? IE not dating
>>
>>16767217
Not this anon, but...

>>16767228
I'd say no, if you're in the exact position you're in now. If she agrees to go out with you at least once before Valentine's day, and things go well, and you can, without doubt, forsee her going out with you again, then maybe it'd be okay to give her a casually flirtatious note, but no love letter shit, keep it light and try to make it a little funny but still genuine.
>>
>>16767236
Maybe I should have included this in the OP, but we have been hanging out a lot since around November. When we were both out of school it was almost every day.
We are hanging out tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure that we will again before Valentine's.
And I agree. I hate the term love letter but I wasn't sure what else to call it.
I'm a bit confused though, are you saying that I should give her something tomorrow then? or that I should wait until Valentine's regardless of when we next see each other?
>>
>>16767228
As I said
>If you ask her out before Valentine's Day
If you aren't dating, then no. And still no love letter. The list of quirky things would be nice, but only if you're actually going out. Otherwise don't do anything.
>>
>>16767273
I'm saying don't give her anything unless it's on Valentine's day. But if you've been seeing her a lot and she's not letting you break the touch barrier at all, I'd say you need to have a chat with her and confess your feelings before you spend more time with her. If she's being that persistent about the touch barrier then she's probably not into you.
>>
>>16767277
OK. I guess this is getting a little off topic, but do you have any suggestions on how to break the touch barrier?
Most of the time we aren't really in situations that lend themselves to that, and I don't want it to seem like I'm forcing it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.