[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been talking to/seeing this guy for about 3 to 4 weeks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 516418648.jpg (298 KB, 1254x1280) Image search: [Google]
516418648.jpg
298 KB, 1254x1280
I've been talking to/seeing this guy for about 3 to 4 weeks. This weekend he's supposed to come over and hang out, drink, just a chill night in. The problem I've been having is his nervousness. He says he hasn't had a gf or much experience in a super long time and some of his mannerisms make that a little obvious. How do I get him to feel more comfortable and open up? We have so much in common that I'm concerned about missing a connection just due to this crippling shyness. It will be the first time we are truly alone (like not in a restaurant type setting or a bar) and I really want to get to know more about him than what I have so far.

How do I keep conversations going so he can relax? Am I gonna have to make a move if it gets to that point? It's been super frustrating because I do like him so much but I don't want to terrify him, either.

Pic sort of related.
>>
Well, keeping conversations up is his job as a man. But just be straight forward with him and tell him to not be shy, and that all is good and chill, men are very responsive to direct instructions
>>
File: 1423799064424.jpg (44 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
1423799064424.jpg
44 KB, 488x410
>>16766318
>Well, keeping conversations up is his job as a man

Conversations are a two way street, you insufferable piece of humanity.
>>
>>16766362
But men should lead, you dense motherfucker
>>
>>16766271
Just hang with him. Things take time.
>>
>>16766373
This is why women make shit tier friends.
>>
>>16766390
I'm a guy, faggot
>>
>>16766318
>>16766373
>>16766418
I suppose you think women should tend the house and cook? Yes, a lot of women like men being in control, but OP doesn't seem to have a problem taking control herself.

Just talk to him about his hobbies, interests and always try to ask more. People relax when they get to talk about things they like/about themselves. Even if it feels a little forced in the beginning, you will learn something about him, and later on he should be more open and take more initiative.
>>
>>16766271
You're already sabotaging the interaction by worrying so much.

The best thing you can do to make him feel comfortable is be comfortable. I know it's easier said than done, but it is true.
>>
>>16766271
So far it looks like the advice part is pretty well covered. Just try and be comfortable, and try to get him to talk about things that he's passionate about. Also, don't freak out if there is occasional silence, take your time and come up with a good topic of discussion, don't jus splerg out and say whatever comes to mind just for the sake of breaking the silence.

Also, I just wanna say that it gives me hope to see you giving a chance to a shy guy. I've always been a little shy, and I've overcome it fairly well by now, but one of my favorite things has always been a woman who isn't afraid to take charge once in awhile. I'm sure once you crack his shell that it'll be worth your time and effort.
>>
OP is cute for asking!
Relax and remember the guy is just as nervous as you are.
I definitely recommend a drink, or better yet, a bowl if you can smoke.
Ask open-ended questions, avoid yes-or-no ones.
Also, if you think you might sleep with him. Don't forget to prepare your lady parts.
P.S. Might want to have a rubber or two on hand...with lube
GL!
>>
>>16766373
You guys are truly sexist pieces of trash. You are the reason that feminism exists at all...not them.
>>
OP...don't listen to these misogynists trash. You do whatever you feel comfortable doing and that's all you have to worry about.
>>
>>16766318
Go cut off your balls and feed them to your dog you disgusting pos. Going full-fedora on your bitchass.
>>
File: 1454142671877.jpg (87 KB, 857x1296) Image search: [Google]
1454142671877.jpg
87 KB, 857x1296
>How do I keep conversations going so he can relax?
If he says something, ask about it. Don't just give closed answers, for some reason a lot of women are keen on that. Don't be afraid of being flirty and handsy, or taking the initiative.

Worst case scenario he wants to wait, which is really more about him than you.

>>16767311
lol
>>
>>16766271
Is it just a hook up or are you guys seriously trying to date? Drinks sound more like a hook up thing. I'm In a similar condundrum with a girl I've been talking to for 3 or 4 weeks and your picture pretty much sums it all up
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.