[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you balance avoiding getting raped while still not becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 3
File: PQqubWI.jpg (223 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
PQqubWI.jpg
223 KB, 1024x768
How do you balance avoiding getting raped while still not becoming hostile and paranoid of the entire male sex?
>>
I guess don't put yourself in potentially dangerous situations, make sure you can defend yourself if you ever do get there, and foster healthy relationships with good people of both sexes.
>>
your question is raping me

why did you become the aggressor? literally crying here
>>
>>16765505
By using Reason
>>
>>16765514
>I guess don't put yourself in potentially dangerous situations
Never be left alone with men?

>make sure you can defend yourself if you ever do get there
Carry a weapon at all times?

>and foster healthy relationships with good people of both sexes.
????????????
>>
what happened when you were raped, exactly?
>>
By rape do you mean being fucked against your will or someone disagreeing with you
>>
>>16765505
life your live as you normally would except by avoiding getting irresponsibility drunk until you pass out.
That should do the trick.
Also not dressing like a slut also helps, specially if alcohol is involved.
>>
>>16765529
Shut the fuck up, nobody cares.
>>
>>16765529
I've never been raped and I'd like to keep it that way.

>>16765531
As far as I know rape means delibertely fucking someone who doesn't want to be fucked. I have literally never in my life witnessed anyone use the word to mean the latter.

>>16765534
My mother doesn't let me drink at the house and not getting drunk makes life intolerable. How do I proceed?
>>
>Don't dress in a way that attracts male attention (like a slut. even if you're not a slut, you're wearing the uniform of a slut when you dress sexy. Guys take it as a signal.)

>Don't go to sketchy places, especially alone. Try to have a strong man with you in places where you could be kidnapped/raped.

>Carry pepper spray, or a gun, or a knife.

>Learn self defense. Realize that even if you do stab a guy, he can still overpower you. Hit and run.

>Don't use drugs or get drunk in the company of guys who want to fuck you.
>>
Don't walk alone in night
Don't get drunk alone or with people you barely know
>>
>>16765505
by not being stupid
by employing common sense
by carrying pepper spray

pls do not become tumblr
>>
>>16765505
Just because 1 of 6 women were raped, doesn't mean you have a 1 out of 6 chance of being raped.

Relax.
Don't walk alone at night.
Make sure the guy you are with is secure.
>>
>>16765549
>burqa
>don't remain in your home city
>carrying arms is illegal in my country
>I'm gonna have to try
>don't go outside

>>16765553
Then where can I get drunk??
>>
>>16765523
Never be left alone with strange or seemingly dangerous men. Normal precautions like don't go out alone at night especially if you live in a bad area, don't invite strange men who you don't know well into your house alone or don't go into theirs, and don't get drunk/high around strangers without any trusted sober friends. Things you should have learned.

And you don't have to carry a weapon at all times, but I think everyone should have some kind of self-defense go-to, whether it be physical training, mace, a gun, ect.

Don't you have close male family and friends who you love and trust?
>>
>>16765560
Anywhere with friends you know well
>>
>>16765556
Pepper spray is, as far as I've understood, illegal in my country.

Is this "legalise rape campaign" a real thing btw, or did tumblr start that to have something to freak out about?

>>16765557
>Don't walk alone at night.
I don't have any friends, I don't like people, I want to get drunk and my mom won't let me drink at the house.
>>
>>16765568
>I don't have any friends
what a tool
>>
>>16765568
Then take self-defense classes. However, no self-defense method is going to help you when you're drunk. I think going out alone to get drunk with strangers is dangerous and stupid and you shouldn't do it.

I think instead of asking this, you should be asking for help with alcoholism or depression, because that's what this sounds like.
>>
>>16765563
>Never be left alone with strange or seemingly dangerous men.
I avoid them when I can.

>don't go out alone at night
If I drink during the day, I'll get arrested.

>especially if you live in a bad area
How do I determine "bad area"?

>don't invite strange men who you don't know well into your house alone or don't go into theirs
Can't do, won't do.

>and don't get drunk/high around strangers without any trusted sober friends.
I don't have any friends.

>Things you should have learned.
Where? They don't teach this shit in school.

>And you don't have to carry a weapon at all times, but I think everyone should have some kind of self-defense go-to, whether it be physical training, mace, a gun, ect.
I used to have a yellow belt in karate.

>Don't you have close male family and friends who you love and trust?
None. I have no brothers, no male friends, I am no man's private property and therefore an acceptable target for all.
>>
>>16765578
I don't drink with strangers, I drink alone.

Everyone has alcoholism or depression. That's just a natural part of being an adult. That, or you rape people, I guess.
>>
>>16765546
>My mother doesn't let me drink at the house and not getting drunk makes life intolerable. How do I proceed?
well, as I see it you have bigger problem than getting raped them. Work out those first and then worry about le rape boogeyman meme.
>>
>>16765590
Therapy won't solve a capitalist society.
>>
>>16765582
A bad area is a poor area or an area with a high crime rate. People should learn this stuff from their parents.

>>16765588
I'm an adult who has neither. I know several other adults who have neither.

You need help.
>>
Stay away from rapists. How do you know if someone is a rapist? You don't, you can only look for certain behaviors in people and then avoid those people like the plague. Sure you might get it wrong sometimes, but you don't have to be friends with everyone either and you don't have to be rude, just don't start aquantences with them. Easy.

There are many lists online of potentially predatory behaviors. Yes there is some crossover with just plain assholes who aren't rapists but that's a win too.

None of this will help with avoiding some truly sick people, like dads who rape their daughters, and at the end of the day the rapist is the one controlling who gets raped, not you.
>>
>>16765582
make friends jeez. you're the first actual legbeard i've seen on this site
>>
>>16765596
>I'm an adult who has neither
You will, you will. It's only a matter of time.

It's like getting your adult teeth. Grownups just aren't as happy as children are, that's the natural progress of life.
>>
>>16765546
>I've never been raped and I'd like to keep it that way.

Why are you so afraid of being raped then? I've been raped by women twice and I don't have any debilitating fear of it happening again.

I suppose this is because I understand myself to have no value, I guess they'd be taking something away from you if it happened to you
>>
>>16765612
Mmm nahhhh. I'm probably older than you even, considering you still live at home. Anyways, how so you even go out and get drunk 'alone' at night?
>>
>>16765603
>you can only look for certain behaviors in people and then avoid those people like the plague.
I've found that avoiding people who don't apologise to interrupting me works. Cuts out all men, but it works.

>>16765607
But I enjoy my time alone. I'm an introvert by nature, nothing makes me happy like sitting alone with my thoughts and a bottle of wine. Babysitting someone else would cut into my drinking time just as bad as a turd takes space in your coffee cup.

Drinking isn't worthwhile if I have to put up with other people.
>>
>>16765626
>how do you spot a rapist?
>I've found that avoiding people who don't apologise to interrupting me works.

>>16765546
>By rape do you mean being fucked against your will or someone disagreeing with you
>As far as I know rape means delibertely fucking someone who doesn't want to be fucked. I have literally never in my life witnessed anyone use the word to mean the latter.
>I have literally never in my life witnessed anyone use the word to mean the latter.

and yet you're using the latter definition as a proxy for rapist

kek
>>
>>16765621
>Why are you so afraid of being raped then?
I'm truly sorry that that happened to you, but male-on-female -rape causes physical pain and damage. If forcible penetration causes permanent damage to a penis, I've never heard of it.

>>16765624
>Anyways, how so you even go out and get drunk 'alone' at night?
I get out of the door, buy a bottle of liquor (I'd like wine, but small bottles are easier to both carry and hide) and sip from it every once in a while while walking around the city, sometimes listening to music. It makes me happy.
>>
>>16765635
Wait... So assuming that people who disrespect me as a person would be more likely to disrespect my body is wrong?

I am not understanding how what I said was anything like the words you're trying to put into my mouth.
>>
>>16765546
>not getting drunk makes life intolerable

it doesn't look like you are prepared to receive any advice lol

not getting drunk around strangers is probably the best thing you can do to avoid "rape"
>>
>>16765637
>only the physical act of rape is important
>rape is the equivalent to assault

I appreciate you being sorry about what happened to me and then telling me it doesn't count, thanks.

>>16765644
>Wait... So assuming that people who disrespect me as a person would be more likely to disrespect my body is wrong?

yes. someone interrupting you is not a proxy for being raped. You're equivocating the word "respect" where it means two different things; respecting an opinion and not sexually assaulting someone are two different things and have no relationship to one another. But then since you've never experienced it, you wouldn't know what it's like.

I don't respect neo-nazis opinions, but that doesn't make me more likely to rape one.

I'm out of this thread because I'm getting upset. Reconsider your beliefs, please.
>>
>>16765648
>"rape"
So wait... If I get fucked against my will, it's rape.

But if I have alcohol in my system and I get fucked against my will, it's not rape?

Does this apply to any other crime? Can I steal someone's wallet because they were drunk?
>>
>>16765505
just stay hostile and paranoid, nothing wrong with that
>>
>>16765652
Okay I'm sorry I worded it like that. It came out wrong and I didn't intend to belittle your trauma.

>Reconsider your beliefs
I think I'm still going to continue avoiding people who treat me poorly, thank you very much.
>>
>>16765653
if you get fucked against your will is rape.
if you are drunk and get fucked, you can decide if it was rape or not after the fact.
>>
>>16765655
By the looks of this thread, it seems like the safest thing to do.
>>
>>16765653

my "rape" basically meant agreeing to do something when drunk and then regret it later when you are sober

there's alot of stories like that
>>
File: 1420053920918.png (16 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1420053920918.png
16 KB, 560x407
>>16765662
the way i see it, if someone wants to rape you, theyre gonna rape you, no stopping it. if it happens it happens, right? completely sensible
>>
>>16765661

That is literally, absolutely, 100% not what I m talking about.

If I tell a dude I'm too drunk to give a shit if he fucks me and he fucks me, that's not rape. I've done that, that's happened. It's literally not a deal.

What I'm talking about is having someone strangle me unconscious in order to do it so I'll stop fighting back and screaming for help.

For the sake of this thread I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A FORMAL ANNOUNCEMENT THAT I AM NOT *ONE OF THOSE GIRLS*.
>>
>>16765666
That is literally, absolutely, 100% not what I am talking about. I am talking about real rape.

I've screamed about this until my face turns blue and lost my friends because of it. That, and the existence of nonbinary genders. Those are not real.
>>
lmao this fucking thread

>how do I not get raped
>keep away from bad men
>bad men treat me bad?
>not all bad men are rapists whore you deserve it
>>
Buy a gun. Learn how to use it. Carry it e'ry day.

>"A gun? What are you scared of?"
>Absolutely nothing.
>>
i think your paranoia and hostility won't be solved by taking precautions against rape

if you are mentally unstable like i assume you to be, it's better to take care of those problems first

you post an image about depression, your life is intolerable without drinking, no friends, etc
>>
You know the 1 in 5 rape statistic is complete bullshit and that it is closer to 1 in 40 right?

Seriously, only nutters have a chance of raping, most (98%) would never rape.
>>
>>16765706
Yeah, because you always have time to take out a gun when someone is trying to assault you, especially in close quarters. Much less point and pull the trigger.

>krav maga is much more useful for anti-rape stuff
>It won't help you if you get hit with a date rape drug, but the solution there is not to leave your drink unattended

Also, someone you know is way more likely to rape you. I'm not quite sure what the solution is here though -- avoid getting to know people? Lol.
>>
>>16765706
I'm from Europe.

>>16765707
How do I tell if I'm mentally unstable?

This is the way life has always been.

>>16765712
Are you aware that "1 in 5 people get raped" doesn't mean "1 in 5 people are rapists"?

I don't see how 2% of the population coldn't rape 20% of the population.
>>
>>16765670
then just have sex with him willingly, then it's not rape :^)
>>
>>16765722
>not to leave your drink unattended
I drink in the streets, not in the bar. it's street-rape I'm concerned about.

>Also, someone you know is way more likely to rape you.
This is why I don't have any male friends.
>>
>>16765727
I meant that 1 in 40 GET raped, not 1 in 40 do the raping..
>>
>>16765722
It takes literally less than 2 seconds to draw from a bloody retention holster. Now of course no one is going to CC with a retention holster, but point is IWB draw will be fucking quick.

>>16765727

>I'm from Europe.

Paris attackers acquired actually automatic rifles in europe. You can probably find a pistol on the black market.
>>
>>16765704
One is a rational response, one is an emotional response.
There is the logical answer, which is have a zero-tolerance policy for red flags.
And then there's the emotional one, where people imagine themselves as the person who messed up and is now cut off as a potential rapist.
>>
>>16765739
>You can probably find a pistol on the black market.
I'm an upper middle-class white girl, where do you expect me to find connections to organised crime?
>>
Step 1, be stronger than your average male. If that's not an option, carry some mace, a taser, or a small knife. Some places carry devices that are combinations of 2 or 3 of these items. If that's still not viable, just be careful about the situations you get into. If you're really worried about getting raped, those are your three best choices.
>>
>>16765743
Its easier than you think, just ask your friends, you're bound to find one who knows a guy.
>>
>>16765727
>How do I tell if I'm mentally unstable?

paranoia, depression and not being able to live without alcohool are pretty much it
>>
>>16765743

I guarantee you already know someone in organized crime, even if you don't know you do.
>>
>>16765740
>women should be suspicious of potentially dangerous men
>no, I didn't mean myself
>come back you whore
>how dare you err to the side of caution to avoid being assaulted
>>
>>16765748
I'll see what's legal.

>>16765750
I don't have any friends. I can't even buy weed.

>>16765752
Are you actually, literally saying that I have never met an adult that was emotionally stable?

>>16765754
my mom, my sister or the woman at the employment office? I don't talk to anyone else.
>>
>>16765763
Then go and make some friends.
>>
>>16765652
>You're equivocating the word "respect" where it means two different things; respecting an opinion and not sexually assaulting someone are two different things and have no relationship to one another.
Nonono, rape is about power more than about sex. For example, just because some dude is a pervert with a high sex drive does NOT mean he is a rapist.

Respecting someone and not sexually assaulting that person are actually somewhat related.
>>
>>16765754
>cheating on taxes
>cutting corners on business practices
>organized crime
>>
>>16765763

you probably have relationships with other trashs

find someone who's sober or constantly depressed is not that hard to find, unless you attract those people
>>
>>16765767
Okay. How do I make friends with people into organised crime without getting raped?

>>16765770
Thank you for your input, Mr. Guy Fawkes mask. I still don't know how to get a gun.
>>
>>16765778
I don't see what I've done to "attract" my parents, schoolteachers, etc adults I've needed to associate with in my life.
>>
>>16765779
Its easy, you go to a club and make a decent number of good friends. Then try to get them to do you favours.

Seriously, society is corrupt to the core.
>>
>>16765785

so you never actually met someone who doesn't drink? ok
>>
>>16765788
A club?

Do you mean a date-rape-dance-club or a rich-men-sitting-around-reading-newspapers -club?

I don't have money and I'm not putting out. How do you make friends?
>>
Your bizarre preoccupation with rape sounds like a serious issue.

I second the anon who said you should consider seeing a therapist.
>>
>a couple of blacks and arabs rape women
>THEREFORE ALL MEN ARE RAPISTS
>ALL OF THEM
>EVEN WHITE MEN WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR 0% OF VIOLENT RAPES
Fucking feminists.
>>
>>16765792
My mom doesn't drink, and my sister doesn't drink. But that's mostly because dad drank himself to death.

I'm from eastern europe. Everyone who is not an alcoholic is a family member of an alcoholic.
>>
>>16765794
Any club, seriously, just go out and talk to people in social places. You will make friends unless you are a serious creep.

If you're a serious creep, I am not sure why you're worried about getting raped.
>>
File: laughter.gif (2 MB, 415x323) Image search: [Google]
laughter.gif
2 MB, 415x323
>>16765802
>0% OF VIOLENT RAPES
>>
>>16765798
I did actually see one today, for a different issue. Apparently cutting yourself to regulate anxiety fits is abnormal and adults aren't supposed to do that.

>>16765807
I am a serious creep, but pussy is pussy. If only pretty women would get raped, 90% of the world population would be safe.

As a matter of fact ugly women are easier victims since they've already got low self-esteem. Nobody minds if you blow your nose on someone else's dust rag.
>>
>>16765813
It's true. Whites and asians get charged for ''rape'' only when it's ''date rape''. Stuff like having sex with a drunk woman who regrets it the other day.
Someone actually attacking you and forcing you to fuck them is only exclusive to the inferior races.
>>
>>16765816
Well 90% of the population is safe, only 1 in 40 get raped.
>>
>>16765816
Also,
>As a matter of fact ugly women are easier victims since they've already got low self-esteem

Why does this even matter? Does low self esteem effect how hard you struggle suddenly?
>>
>>16765828
I live in a country that's 99% white. There are still villages out there where the locals have never seen a nonwhite person outside of TV.

Are you saying rape is an unknown concept here?

I live in a country so white that 80% of the population is blond-haired and pale-eyed. This is no Eden.
>>
>>16765839
>Well 90% of the population is safe, only 1 in 40 get raped.
Cite source.
>>
>>16765843
>Does low self esteem effect how hard you struggle suddenly?
It effects how hard you'll fight to get your rapist to face consequences.

When you think you're worthless, punishing someone who treats you accordingly won't feel that important, especially when nobody fucking believes you.
>>
>>16765847
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZrzCAuiw7w
About 50 seconds in
1 in 53 actually but you get the point

>>16765848
Don't be silly. I fucking hate myself and I still told the police about physical and psychological abuse in my home. The only real reasons not to tell the police is that the rapist is influential or you are a coward.
>>
>>16765505

Just take responsibility for your own safety like men have to.
>>
Don't get drunk with any guys around you don't already know you want to fuck.
>>
>>16765873
I'm not seeing how those are all mutually exclusive.

To be perfectly honest this society would function much better if ugly women were alll killed at 18.

The world is overpopulated, there is an excess of women. If the worse 50% of women were preened off, rape and violence against women would disappear.
>>
>>16765888
Already doing that. I can't endure sex, so I avoid all men at all times.
>>
>>16765891
>To be perfectly honest this society would function much better if ugly women were alll killed at 18.

Wut, this isn't logan's run

> If the worse 50% of women were preened off, rape and violence against women would disappear.

Wut. Evidence please.

And besides, the overpopulation is not in the west, its in developing countries.
>>
>>16765895

Then your chances of being raped are extremely low. Stop worrying about it.
>>
>>16765505
Make friends with good, honest people.

It isn't rocket science.
>>
>>16765915
where do I find good, honest men who won't take an opportunity to fuck me?
>>
>>16765505
Don't worry anonette, if you're the kinda girl that 4chans you're too ugly to rape
>>
>>16765924
At university in the serious majors (look for the people who study a lot) or in volunteer organizations where people are really passionate about their cause and such.

Just look for law abiding people who want something purposeful out of life. The people who don't care and have nothing to lose are the ones who commit crimes.
>>
>>16765924
Stop posting this same thread over and over if you never listen.
>>
>>16765970
My town doesn't have an university. Or purpose in life.

>>16765979
I got to a therapist today. They decided that my mental state is not normal and that I should be medicated for anxiety. I might be able to stop soon.
>>
>>16765990
You'd probably be happier somewhere else then.

Work hard with your anxiety (self-help books helped me the most) and take your time. Save up money in the meantime.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.