[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>join church religious group with friend because I have none
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1453682975234.jpg (80 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1453682975234.jpg
80 KB, 720x404
>join church religious group with friend because I have none and its something to do maybe meet a girl or something
>friend today asks me if I raised my hand to be saved during one of the services
>legitimately do not remember I was barred out and high as fuck on opiates
>say idk maybe what does that mean
>apparently it means you are indoctrinated unwittingly into the cult
>wants me to go knocking on doors tonight to see if people want to go to the service or some shit

Idk what the hell I signed myself up for, on one hand it could be good by meeting new people and friends and such, on the other I might be doing a lot of monotonous work I could really give a shit less about. I can only go out on twice a week because the drugs I have to take make me real sick for most of the week. What do?
>>
>>16765023
>it could be good by meeting new people and friends and such,
You are not going to make friends by knocking on people's doors proselytizing. It is not a popular way to introduce yourself. Frankly surprised you don't realize this.
>>
Join a less culty church, like a Methodist or baptist church. If ur only in it to meet girls that are relatively sane then that's the place to go. You won't be forced to knock on doors. Most bap or meth churches are pretty casual these days
>>
>>16765036
No I mean like within the church community, I know those people wont be my friends
>>
>>16765037
I was actually raised catholic so idk if I could do that. This thing im in is like a non denominational college student organization
>>
>>16765082
It must have some denominational roots if they want to go knock on others doors. I'd bail if I were you, or find another group with your friend.
>>
>Want to meet a colorful cast of new people and make new friends?
>Want to find a girl of your dreams?

Join a cult today!
>>
>>16765090
Friend is strongly committed to this group so he definjtely wouldnt come with me. This one is my best chance right now to network and maybe get my life back again or some sort or life, so ill give it a shot and see how it goes, if it doesnt work out or shit gets too weird or too much to handle ill bail. Like idk what all this entails yet, im supposed to meet up with friend tonight and hes gonna debreif me on all of what being "saved" means
>>
>>16765023

"Cult" is such an abused word. People act like it means that what they do is weird and frightening. But literally the only difference between and cult and a religion is the number of practitioners.

Besides, religions are weird, too. I was raised Catholic and we ate crackers that we pretend are some dead guy's skin. Muslims and Jews think one of God's most delicious animals is unclean regardless of an eating establishment's health inspector score. Buddhists mass-produce figurines of an obese NEET. They're all nuts.

Atheists and agnostics are crazy as well, of course. Science will be replaced eventually by the next best way to understand the universe, deal with it.

So yeah, don't turn your nose up immediately at a so-called "cult." Give them the chance to PROVE they're too insane to associate with.
>>
>>16765122
10/10 Bait
>>
>>16765122
Im gonna give them a chance like I said here>>16765116

So far the people ive met have been a little strange, but overall genuinely nice peeps which is hard to find nowadays unfortunatly
>>
>>16765138
>unfortunatly

You'll fit right in
>>
>>16765122
>literally the only difference between and cult and a religion is the number of practitioners.
WTF? Better check your facts dude.
>>
>>16765146
Why? What do you mean by that?
>>
>>16765161
He's a troll around here, just ignore him
>>
File: 1451536231490.jpg (34 KB, 582x442) Image search: [Google]
1451536231490.jpg
34 KB, 582x442
>>16765172
What a faggot, why would you troll and trip on the advice board of all places? Genuinely curious
>>
>>16765217

speaking as a happy member of Jehovah's Witnesses, dont join a cult

i can leave at any time with no repercussions, dont get caught up in something weird bro
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.