[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got diagnosed as antisocial a little while ago, and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1383697591708.jpg (87 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1383697591708.jpg
87 KB, 640x512
I got diagnosed as antisocial a little while ago, and I'm not really sure where to go from here.

I didn't as for an evaluation or diagnosis, I just got one; my own research tells me that clinical outcomes are poor. there are no effective therapies aside from anger/impulse management and that nobody is invested in helping me; they just wait till I break the law and throw me in prison.

what I really want to know is where my place in the world is, I reason that if I don't find one for myself then it will end up being bad news for everyone
>>
and if we could please avoid the thoughtless inflammatory comments, 4chan is not just an extension of /b/ and I am not the bad guy you saw on tv last night or a reincarnation of your ex
>>
>>16764410
So you self diagnosed?
>>
>>16764410

I don't normally suggest this, but you should look into religion. My boss is the same way and credits God with turning his life around.
>>
>>16764465
many men in my family were religious leaders, the condition runs in my family.

I can't really talk about what happened with them, but as it relates to me I don't consider god to be a good idea
>>
>>16764461
no, like I said I got a formal diagnosis

I went in looking for answers about my difficulties with empathy and lack of what called a "sympathetic response", which actually means a lack of reaction to things around me.

I was sure it was autism, but turns out not.
when I was given the diagnosis I walked out and changed my phone; it was clear to me that my shrink did not have my best interests at heart

I'm currently researching how a diagnosis will affect me legaly, and how I can get it removed
>>
>>16764485
Are you violent, deceptive, impulsive and irresponsible? ASPD is more than just a lack of empathy.
>>
>>16764494
I don't really want to talk about it, they are weak points of mine and my experience is that when I quantify my symptoms the result I get from people is counter-productive
eg.
"why are you a psycho"
"I burn small dogs"
"kill yourself faggot"

suffice to say I am not in and doubt about the validity of my diagnosis
>>
File: 1436148949640.jpg (93 KB, 461x639) Image search: [Google]
1436148949640.jpg
93 KB, 461x639
I'd say if you don't want to take a religious route, you should honestly try to get into mediation and practice it daily, working up a few minutes a day. Just being in a state of self realization while also being unattached from the world or your ego can show you problems and answers from a perspective you could only reach with meditation (or psychedelics or therapy).

Now I'm no meditation master and I don't practice as much as I should, but I've learned a lot about myself through it more so than I ever had being devoted to a religion.
>>
>>16764520
I'd give it a try, but I'm not sure what it would do for me

I'm pretty in touch with who I am, and my "ego" isn't really much to speak of, I don't really have many feelings

maybe if I look LSD and meditated I'd understand what I could do to fit into the world around me.

I actually used to meditate a lot when I was very young, it surprised people because I was so impulsive otherwise; it helped me manage my impulsive to a large extend, but it didn't take away the searing hatred for the people around me or give me the ability to value the things around me
>>
>>16764501
Fair enough. I asked because lacking empathy isn't really a problem, only antisocial behavior that results in consequences like being locked up is actually bad.

You should think more about how to manage your behavior because that's what will define whether or not you fit in with the world. Anger management can help, certain medications can help, learning how to avoid situations that would cause you to act out can help.
>>
>>16764533
There's different forms of meditation, though I wouldn't which would help you exactly, you have to research that on your own. One form I do that may help is that if I have an issue, I try to focus on solely that and get to the root cause of it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.