[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my best friend and room mate just told me she's moving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1451444984131.png (7 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
1451444984131.png
7 KB, 216x233
So my best friend and room mate just told me she's moving out, signed on a house and leaving me three months of rent and utilities to handle. She's willing to help with some of the costs, but not the full amount that she would be paying if she finished out her lease. I can't afford 3 months by myself and I don't know anyone who needs a place for only three months. I'm a straight male anon, so sucking dick for a place to stay is out. Selling drugs isn't an option.

Honestly never saw this coming. Feel so used and discarded.

Wat do?
>>
>>16763536
If her name is on the lease she has an obligation to pay for the full term. If her name isn't on the lease, well, then you're screwed.

Consider putting an ad on Craigslist. There's weirdos, but there's normal people too.
>>
>>16763536
sorry, i've tried looking in my crystal ball, but for some reason it won't show me your fucking contract.

so why the fuck do you think it's acceptable to ask retarded questions without reading your fucking contract first ?
>>
>>16763546
This - is she on it?
>>
If her names on the lease drag that bitch down to hell with you.

If not, buy a good lock and install it on your bedroom door. Look for a roomate on craigslist. Do some screening, but realize they will prob be a pos but try and survive the 3 months.
>>
She's on the lease too. Trouble is her girlfriend works at the same place I do and has been there a lot longer. If we have a blowout over this, it effects my work too.
>>
>>16763669
her bailing on a legal obligation is not ok and do not, repeat DO NOT make excuses to take it

giver her an ultimatum that you don't accept her suddenly refusing to pay what she IN A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT signed she would pay, and if she doesn't do anything you'll have to take legal action.

You are 100% within your rights, what she's doing isn't just scummy and unethical its illegal.
>>
>>16763669

How could she affect your work so much that it's actually worth getting so badly fucked in the ass rent wise, not to mention the humiliation of bending over backwards as much as you currently are?
>>
File: 1451939011956.png (41 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1451939011956.png
41 KB, 255x200
>>16763690
I quit my old job to work for the employer her girlfriend works at (she put in a good word for me). It's less stress, has a pension and good benefits, pay sucks but it's livable. The only real problem is that people gossip like high schoolers there. Her girlfriend is well liked and has been there for 3 years. I've been there for 3 months and am still at that awkward FNG stage. Technically, I'm a probationary employee for the first year.

This would be the worst possible time to have someone gossiping about me over a fight with her girlfriend.
>>
>>16763536
First, point out to her that with her name on the lease, she owes the landlord the money and the landlord will certainly sue her, so it is simpler for her to either pay the full amount or find a replacement.

Then talk to your landlord. Depending on his/her mood, there is a slim chance that he will accept your half for the last 3 months, or find you a fill-in roommate, or take on the job of suing her for you.
>>
>>16763721
>mentions a pension as one of the positives of employment at a place where he clearly sees no future for himself
hmm
>>
>>16763536
Post on craigslist for roommates or sue her
>>
File: 1452247446099.jpg (100 KB, 730x730) Image search: [Google]
1452247446099.jpg
100 KB, 730x730
>>16763735
What makes you think I don't see a future there?

Everything is great there except the pay and the gossipy shit. More time and opportunity for advancement solves both of those issues. My room mates girlfriend is quitting in 4 months, so even that awkwardness is only temporary.
>>
>>16763745
Your fine. If anything have your landlord take all the action. She's breaking the law.
>>
>>16763738
She's willing to throw in some money towards rent (not utilities) but not the half we agreed upon when we signed the lease. I may be able to swing it, but it will wipe out my savings to do it and leave me without money to put a deposit down at a new place.
>>
>>16763745
is it possible for you to post without a fucking frog, jesus dude
>>
File: 1451341463251.jpg (87 KB, 672x807) Image search: [Google]
1451341463251.jpg
87 KB, 672x807
>>16763755
I like pepe and I feel like shit because my best friend just stabbed me in the back and I never saw it coming. Fuck off if it bothers you.
>>
>>16763760
Being best friends with a lesbian lol. If she was actually a friend she wouldn't be trying to weasel her way out of a lease agreement
>>
File: 1453135314545.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1453135314545.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>16763773
Yeah, I realize that now. Thanks.
>>
>>16763721

She may talk about you behind your back, and maybe even incite some or even the majority of the people to do so too, and that sucks, sure. But it's just fucking work... is enduring gossip there really worse than being financially fucked in the ass due to illegal action on the part of your "friend?"

Actually now that I think about it, your former roomate's gf will probably gossip about you anyway if you don't take action, in that case for being a pushover.
>>
>>16763779
So man up and have her stick to the lease agreement. Talk to your landlord about your options.
>>
>>16763782
It's work, but it took 6 months to get this job. Background checks and interviews galore. It was hard to get and it's good work that has the potential to be a career I could retire from when I'm 50. It's not something to lose lightly.

I'm not so worried about her girlfriend telling people I'm a pushover, it's not a competitive field, there'd be no advantage for anyone to take there, and we all rely on cooperation and help from coworkers.

I wouldn't be opposed to letting the land lord sue her, but it effects both our credit scores and rental histories. My credit and references are perfect and that opens doors.
>>
>>16763813
It sounds like you already know what to do, but are desperately flailing for excuses so you can maintain the status quo. The status quo is over and you can either actively fight to come out on top of the change or get fucked on the way down by doing nothing. Nothing we say is going to sink in anyway.
The frogs are stupid and always were.
>>
File: 1452287260355.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
1452287260355.png
80 KB, 500x421
>>16764175
How is "I don't want my credit score fucked" and "I need my job" desperately flailing for excuses?

Yes, in a simple world, "if she doesn't pay, then throw her to the wolves" is exactly the right solution, but this isn't that simple.

Yes, I get that the friendship is over, which sucks because 5 years of having a reliable friend only to have her do this is fucking jarring, and I would like it to stay like it was, but I'm aware that isn't an option. Doesn't mean I'm any less hurt by it. Also accepting that doesn't address my problems with credit score or employment.

Everything on fucking 4chan is stupid. Why you have a weed up your ass about pepe as opposed to advice dog, pedo bear, ylyl banana or the constant bombardment of traps and furry shit is beyond me. Doesn't stop me posting them. I've got 200+ spidermans if you'd prefer.
>>
>>16763669
>She's on the lease too
Then she has to pay. If she tries to bail, take it up with the law. Do not worry about girlfriend. In fact, you should preemptively talk with your workplace employer about this situation and how you are afraid her girlfriend with sabotage your job.

You have to get cutthroat or you WILL be a victim. You're a fucking man, so act like it.
>>
>>16763669
Don't let that stop you. You're completely within your rights here to get her to pay what she's contractually obliged to pay.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.