[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On a date are guys suppose to pay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 400x300
Not so much a question of advice, but I think it's applicable:

When you are on a date, are guys expected to pay for the expenses (i.e. Dinner or movie?) Or do you go Dutch?
>>
>>16763307
If you asked them on the date, you pay.
>>
>>16763307

It depends, usually I'll split with my girlfriend unless it's a really fancy place and I'm treating her. Sometimes I'll pay for a meal and she'll pay for the next one. My girlfriend lost her job recently so I paid when we went out earlier this week, and when I first started dating her I paid for dinner dates, however they were/are usually $30 or less. The most I've paid for both of us is $50 and we've been dating for a few months, we go out about 2 times a week.
>>
It depends. My boyfriend and I usually go halves, or one of us will grab dinner and the other pays for dessert or drinks. Either that, or we take turns paying.
>>
File: 08justice.jpg (128 KB, 753x1060) Image search: [Google]
08justice.jpg
128 KB, 753x1060
It's way more common these days to split it. Especially at the early stages. Or if you do pay for something, so ask if they got it next time. Just don't ever force them to pay for everything. I don't think many people will complain if you do pay for everything though.
>>
>>16763386
>Especially at the early stages
I'd argue it's more common for one person to pay at the early stages and becomes equal once you're settled in a relationship
>>
On a first date I would pay. I would only not pay if my date is making no attempts at being a competent human being (I.e. face in phone or showing no enthusiasm)
>>
>>16763307
lol
i direct you to the immortal wisdom of the notorious B.I.G.- "biggie dont give a bitch enough to catch the bus"
seriously. dont pay for a girl you havent known very long unless you want to be taken for a fool
>>
>>16763307
First date whoever asks should pay in a relationship it should either be split or the higher earner should foot the bill most of the time.
>>
>>16763307
The basic rule is whoever invites pays.

If you have further dates, the invitee should offer to pay some of the time. Rather than going dutch, which can get complicated, most couples get into a pattern of alternating paying.

If one is significantly "richer" than the other, then the poor one should find other ways of balancing things, like occasionally cooking a meal.
>>
>>16763670
This is the only correct answer but OP will probably ignore it because having to ask in the first place implies that he is totally fucking lost.

it. doesn't matter who asked out who or any of that bullshit. women aren't chained to the oven any more. if they can go out and earn their own income, they can sure as hell pay for their own meals.
>>
>>16763670
the only problem here is that none of us are biggie
>>
>>16763715
And none of you have ever actually dated a real live girl.
>>
>>16763307
First couple of dates, who asks out pays.

After that, I usually prefer taking turns.
>>
>>16763307
i pay for my own shit until we're in a relationship. i never want someone to feel like i "owe" them. i don't feel comfortable with someone paying for my stuff until we know each other very well
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.