[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: money.jpg (16 KB, 247x350) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
16 KB, 247x350
Having an amazing day and I was wondering if anyone wanted advice on

BUSINESS. FINANCE. INNER WORKINGS OF THE STOCK MARKET.

That's it- no women talk here. If you get the money the women will come
>>
>>16763158
I'll bite. I have a decent amount of money languishing in a savings account.
$30k

I know it is doing me no good there. Where can I put it to make more money while exposing myself to minimal risk?
>>
>>16763158
how are the jews responsible for the stock market?

why would i ever need a financial adviser to trade my money, take a cut, and risk nothing?
>>
>>16763184

The lowest risk dividend yielding blue chips or indexes you can find.

Treasury Notes is another option- very small reward, very low risk.

When you have $30,000 to your name, trading isn't worth it- you need to just work and have MORE than 30k net worth- simple as that.
>>
>>16763188

To protect you from your own greed- usually.
>>
>>16763158
I have a useless degree and a few years of office experience, with less than $5k to my name. How do I turn my life around?
>>
>>16763190
How much is enough to begin trading successfully?
The entirety of my assets are closer to $180k, but I'm absolutely not a gambling man.
>>
How do you feel being part of an industry that contributes greatly (if indirectly) to human suffering?
>>
>>16763200

Learn- knowledge is power.

That doesn't mean useless degrees- it means learning how life works.

I know all about coins- so , grandad dies, his idiot children sell their inheritance to me for pennies on the dollar,

I make out like a bandit, buy them dinner, maybe a cheap whore, everyones happy
>>
>>16763215

If you want to invest it diversify.

For example, I own huge $$ in gold miner's ETF- which has gone down 90% recently- just bought in.

If oil keeps going down or stays down, mining costs will go lower and lower and those ETFs will go up 1000% in 5 years- it's leveraged.

Now, I also own oil futures, which I think are at the bottom.

So If Oil goes up, and my gold miner ETF is worth $0- hey, my Oil is through the roof!

I would say $100,000 is the MINIMUM to think about the market- otherwise,

HOME OWNERSHIP IS ALWAYS A PRIORITY- UNLESS YOU ARE IN A REAL ESTATE BUBBLE.
>>
>>16763217

That's a lie, for the most part.

It's an industry playing musical chairs and hoping the music never stops because 90% of the chairs are gone
>>
>>16763225
>I would say $100,000 is the MINIMUM to think about the market- otherwise,

Not the other guy. Well, fuck. I don't want to buy a house because the market it high right now and I don't want to be stuck in this city. There really isn't anything I could do with a couple tens of thousands of dollars?
>>
>>16763236

I mean, hop on cragilist, try to find some guy selling junk silver below spot... sink $30,000 in and try to sell it for $35,000 online

It's pretty easy to make money, anon
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.