[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military service .
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1447848213278.png (2 MB, 679x6305) Image search: [Google]
1447848213278.png
2 MB, 679x6305
Hey Chans! im a middle eastern guy who's about to finish his collage , my country have an obligate military service so i have to have a to join the army for 12 months , my country is at war with isis and a lot of my friends now fighting in the front lines , my country leaders are so fucking stupid use stratiges from 50's and ww2 while isis are more advanced and have more western weapons , so any advise to make it in these 12 months and survive?
i would be thankful for you anons ! :)
>>
Don't be a hero. Simple as that.
>>
Hey kebab!
if you play accordion, you can just expat and live in my apartment. I need more squeezeboxes to annoy my upstairs neighbors.
>>
>>16762138
Well I'm not kebab actually, our favorite dish is falafel so you guess the country
>>
>>16762158
...Lebanon?
>>
>>16762240
Egypt
>>
>>16762324
lol ur fucked m8.
>>
>>16762096
Don't get curious. Never poke out your head from cover in an active shooting situation. Always wear your helmet.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Run. Run far away and never return.
>>
>>16762096
Can you get out of it? U.S military finds any and all reason to keep people out.
>>
More please these advises are so good.
>>
>>16762388
Nope they pass you from all medical and psychological tests even you are dumb and blind and with three fingers because they want solders to fight, so they don't reject anyone these days also I can't travel outside if I don't do my military service.
>>
>>16762345
Indeed.
>>
>>16762406
Why not just do the military service? I'd love to do some military service myself, I reckon it would strengthen me as a person so much and teach me so much shit that I would never otherwise learn. You have the opportunity to do it for just 12 months and then never have to commit to it ever again if you don't want to. That seems like a great opportunity to me.
>>
don't join a combat arm: infantry, artillery, armored, and combat engineer. even avoid being a medic or logistics driver, signals and maybe the military police. become a clerk, cook, mechanic, intelligence or a fucking billion other shit that doesn't involve combat. if you aren't forced into the army join the airforce, navy, or coast guard; quality of life is better, but airforce is the best. or just join into something that is related to your college education; which would probably lead to some desk job.
>>
>>16762423
It's not like you think it will not be like your army and airforces which do 99% of job here I will be given an ak-47 with some bullets and be in some check point in desert waiting a bombing car attack my checkpoint without any notification or alert and bomb
>>
I think I will join combat engineering brunch which working in setting up check points as I'm civil engineer student well its pretty fucked up because my friends who just graduated join that brunch
>>
>>16762433
Okay fine whatever then flee the country, I don't give a fuck, it's your fucking life isn't it
>>
>>16762446
i highly recommend you talk to a recruiter and ask what you can get out of a civil engineering degree, pretty sure you could find work as a real engineer than some grunt who puts sand in bags and learns to stack it. also combat arms are the worst trades to join simply because you get treated like shit, hence why you'd want to avoid it generally.
>>
Here it's so different than in us.army, you can't change your brunch or discuss it with recruiter it's all about big numbers and degree and your age and luck! Maybe you go to North with active combat troops and maybe you go to some camps or even the worse which I predict middle east go to a full war and my fucking country decide to send troops to Gulf countries to protect oil or something which luckily I will be forced to join
>>
So they don't ask you if you already know something out have education that could be used somewhere specific?

A civil engineer would be very useful in place where no fighting but lots of destruction to fix
>>
>>16762489

You are in a difficult situation anon, and seeing that you cant flee or change it in any way you want it to go, seems to me that you have no other choice but to go.

I know nothing about the military, never even shot a rifle before, so I cant say anything about it.

Think about it, after you get back you will have a lot of stories to tell, experience and knowledge.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>16762504
They know that I'm engineer they will put me In combat engineering services which leads to building check points or some defenses to check points especially a corrupted country like mine, if you don't have a relation or network with high ranks in army usually you will go to worst place.
>>
>>16762489
i don't think you get it. a combat force is supported by an even larger non combat logistic force. so if you simply asked, you'd have a better chance of joining the larger non combat logistic force, especially with the type of education you have. if you've already received a letter of sort that you belong somewhere, then its too late, but i'm under the impression that you haven't
>>
Flee to Germany! They're taking everyone at the moment...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.