[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting glasses for the first time /adv/ Need tips on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 1280x960
I'm getting glasses for the first time /adv/
Need tips on what kind of frames to buy.
>>
Don't know why the image flipped. Tried to take a neutral face pic. But this is morning time before coffee, so ignore the serial killer look lol
>>
>>16760769

why the long face?

but seriously, you're rather good looking for such a long face. assuming you arent a troll id recommend not styling your hair up. maybe grow it out on the sides a bit more. ur still handsome

>>16760773

they flip a lot 4chan does that
>>
>>16760769
go to something like warbyparker and order trial pairs. walk into a retailer and express interest in purchasing, just don't actually buy anything.

sorry about the zika bruh.
>>
Why not get the people in the store to help? This is literally their job.
>>
>>16760774
>>16760776
Wow, you guys move fast. Thanks for the compliment. Been thinking bout a new cut too. I'm in the Pacific Northwest and my hair naturally Macklemores itself so I was rocking it while it was in. I've tried a few frames on and leaning towards thinner rectangular ones. What's good frames for long faces?
>>
>>16760790
People in store are trying to sell me stuff. And I'm looking for a few pointers for bespectacled folk
>>
>>16760798

while your there you can literally just try on lots of frames, and ignore their suggestions. the most important thign is looking good to you. people always say my hair is stupid but its my favorite style so i keep it.

that being said, thinner glasses are best unless you are a hipster. cuz between the beard and thick glasses you're going to look hipster as fuggg.

i recommend contacts when out and thin frames at home
>>
>>16760798
They're not expecting you to buy all the frames, just one. Which you're going to buy anyway.
>>
>>16760802
>>16760804
Lol I'm gonna take their advice too, just figured I'd get some from the Internet as well. For example didn't think about it with my beard, definitely going with smaller frames
>>
>>16760813
>smaller frames
That's just going to keep your face unbalanced. If you go with a bolder pair, your face will be more balanced and it'll bring the focal point of your face to your eyes instead of your hair or beard
>>
Maybe some large frames will do the job
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.