[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I help my mom to get healthy when I'm away at college
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: 1377136299195.jpg (345 KB, 516x1456) Image search: [Google]
1377136299195.jpg
345 KB, 516x1456
How do I help my mom to get healthy when I'm away at college 85% of the year?

My mom's been overweight (200+ pounds probably) since I was in grade school, and she turned 60 last year. She doesn't eat a ton of fast food or cheap junk, but what she does eat she eats too much of, and she drinks wine almost every night (not so much that I'm worried about her liver, but those calories add up). And she doesn't get out at all except to walk the dog and to do things like grocery shopping or eat out with friends.
I've been worrying more and more about her health recently, but I live 9 hours away and barely see her, as does my brother. My dad is a very fit, health conscious guy, but he's at work over 12 hours a day and has never done much to help her get healthier in the past. I just want her to be with us for a long time, but when I'm so far away I don't feel like there's much I can do.
>>
>>16758651
> I don't feel like there's much I can do

there's really nothing you can do

I used to have a fat mom, and nothing worked until we took some candid photos and had to send some to relatives. My mom saw how fat she was and immediately changed her lifestyle and now she eats healthier
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.