[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have jury duty tomorrow, I have no Idea what to expect.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: who wrote this shit.jpg (16 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
who wrote this shit.jpg
16 KB, 250x238
I have jury duty tomorrow, I have no Idea what to expect.
>>
You go, sit in a room, maybe get asked some questions to decide who they send home (if you don't care how you look, just be offensive and open about it and you'll get tossed) then you just listen to the case. Most cases are very straightforward and nobody wants to be there either, so you'll usually agree. This may take a couple days but usually not.

It's pretty much just a free ticket to a low-budget TV Law show
>>
>>16758428
They are gonna turn off the lights and make you grab someone's dick. Then they will turn on the lights and make you guess whose dick you grabbed. I had a lot of fun, maybe you will too.

Wait and see.
>>
Just act like a decent human being that loves everyone and they'll send you home brahh
>>
Always disagree with the majority. It's symbolism of American free speech.
>>
>>16758449

9/10
>>
First, expect the basic requirements. You have a dress code so wear business casual. You'll have to get there on time so give yourself a bit of leeway in case traffic and parking suck. (They will suck.) You are expected to be there for the entire day, or possibly more depending on the type of summons and your local laws. This would be spelled out on the summons. You're also very likely expected to call in late tonight or early tomorrow to confirm that you're still required to come in. It happens sometimes, albeit rarely, that you might simply be excused.

When you get there, walk in the front door and/or look for signs that direct people for jury duty. Remember that idiots get called too. They make it really easy for everyone. You'll be checked for weapons and then led to a clerk. Present your summons, get your ID badge and sit down in a big lobby. At the appointed time, a judge will come out to briefly summarize how our judicial system works. You'll then be sworn in as a group to not be retards. Swear to not be retarded and sit back down.

On your badge will be your group assignment. Once in a while a bailiff will come to the lobby to summon a group. You'll be led to a courtroom where a case is preparing for trial. Some info is given to your group and then at random people are selected. One by one, those people are interviewed by the lawyers. If either of them doesn't want the person, they're thrown back out to the lobby. Otherwise that person is assigned as a juror to that court case. Selected jurors have to appear every day until that case is resolved. (Most only last a day or two.)

At lunch time you're told to go eat something. Get a sandwich and come back to the courthouse on time. By the end of the day you'll have gone through a couple of group rounds. If you never get assigned, you're free at the end of the day. Congrats.

There's a lot of waiting. Bring shit to do in the lobby.
>>
>>16758448
I will it be anything like 12 angry men?
>>
>>16758485
yeah just imagine 12 angry men but with more dick grabbing and the lights turning off and on than usual.
>>
File: Daw.jpg (15 KB, 397x297) Image search: [Google]
Daw.jpg
15 KB, 397x297
>>16758481
>>16758448
thanks guys
>>
the best way to handle voir dire is to imply that you think everyone's guilty. "Why would they be on trial if they didn't do something wrong?" you ask, and the plaintiff's lawyers look meaningfully at each other and then pretty soon you get to go home.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.