[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend hates me for my easy life. She has a hard one, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
My friend hates me for my easy life. She has a hard one, and while we get along well I get the feeling she holds it against me.

I'm a guy in my early twenties and:
>"fulltime" education+study time is less than 10 hours a week, and even then I don't need it.
>expenses are near-zero and don't even cover a third of the welfare/loan I get monthly
>don't work because nobody wants my (lack of) job experience, and I'm only casually jobhunting because of that+no financial need to
>live with doting parents as a happy family. I'd do anything for them and actually do spend most of my free time helping around. They do the same for me, covering most of my administration and expenses, and even giving me an allowance on top of what I already have. Telling them they're being too kind and I should be responsible and independent myself someday doesn't work; they insist on it until I sort my studies out
>perfect sight, perfect metabolism, perfect physique (lots of time to train). The only mental things troubling me are somewhat subpar social skills and a distinct lack of humbleness

Meanwhile, she's the same age and:
>spends 40 hours at her education and another ton of hours studying, frequently forced to pull allnighters on regular days because she doesn't make it otherwise
>has a lot of expenses just to survive, most of which is held back from her for some reason
>can't work because she doesn't have the time or permission
>lives in a special home with restrictions and curfews, with housemates who hate her and caretakers who play her
>is completely booked all the times, has all kinds of appointments one half of the day and studies the other half
>has all kinds of disabilities, mental and physical. She's cute, but slow and socially not too strong either

She doesn't know all of these, but enough to put me down for them continuously. I like her, but I have no idea what to do about this. It's not like I can help it, right? What should I do to make her less bitter or me less spoiled?
>>
>>16758340
>Humblebrag: the thread
Kindly fuck off.
>>
>>16758385
Case in point. The only reason I'm "humblebragging" here is to illustrate my situation.
I normally don't brag at all. Sometimes people ask about my life. If I tell them, they see how "easy" it is and stop taking me seriously. If I avoid talking about it, they take the hint as me subtly telling them to piss off.
Hell, even when I want to know how to make my life less "humblebraggy" wothout destroying it, this asshole just tells me to fuck off.
>>
>>16758436
You haven't fucked off yet. Please rectify that immediately.
>>
>>16758506
No, you fuck off. Go post another >tfwnogf thread or something.
>>
>>16758340
>welfare/loan I get monthly
>literally bragging about living on handouts
Fuck off OP.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.