[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a strong enough reason to seek help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: junkie.jpg (94 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
junkie.jpg
94 KB, 1024x768
>pic sliiiightly related

I've always been kind of depressed, it's been a part of my personality ever since I was I child, but for the last half a year I've been feeling numb. Last summer, the girl I loved to pieces got hooked on heroin so I had to leave her, and it hurt me a lot. Ever since I haven't been able to quite feel 'right', I feel like I just slide down the existence and watch my body do everything on autopilot (including writing this post).

For the last month or two, I've been feeling an increasing lack of energy and motivation. I stopped lifting because of sickness, and I can't get myself to go to the gym again. I don't want to study, I don't want to finish school, I don't want to do anything except rail speed and smoke weed. I feel like an empty shell that is only seeking pleasure... Which I can only get from drugs. There is nothing else in this world for me... The whole planet is blank.

My question is - is this a good enough reason to seek help from a therapist? I always feel as if I'm just a whiny bitch who can do everything but chooses not to because - well, because I'm a whiny bitch. I don't deserve to have therapist waste their time with my pitiful problems.

>inb4 posting on mongolian sheep dressing forum about mental problems
What is your opinion on this?
>>
>>16758321
>well, because I'm a whiny bitch.
Sorry to hear about your gf anon. Cheer up, you cant get it right every time.

Depression really is a harsh mistress, youre not always aware its affecting you, and sometimes your mind tries to find logic in a place without logic.
I believe you should go see a therapist. The reason beeing is that you indeed seem to be depressed. If the problem was just that you whine a lot, you wouldnt really be aware of the problem. Being honest with yourself is hard, and your mind actively tries to find answers to a question that you dont want the answer to. Nobody wants to be depressed.

Now what can you do about it except going to se a therapist? Talk to friends. Your closest ones. The ones you can feel comfortable being yourself around. Tell them your having a rough patch. If theyre your friends they will sit down and listen. Many dont have that luxery, and come here instead.
Accepting that you have a problem is the first step of solving it. Saying it to a friend or therapist is all about opening the courtains and exposing your true self. I know it sounds scary but if you dont do it youll just beat yourself up more.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.