[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Never really met my father, now curious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: question-mark-512.gif (6 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
question-mark-512.gif
6 KB, 512x512
Hi /adv/,

Anyone ever searched out for their estranged father / mother after not having seen them since childhood / their entire lives?

I'm a 26 year-old guy who's had a pretty fortunate life. I, along with my fraternal twin brother, were raised by a single mother. 'Never' met is technically incorrect, since I know my father was around when I was very young (around 2-3), but my mother made the decision to seek a better life outside my home country (years ago she explained that he didn't want to be married and that he was younger than her and hadn't fully grasped that he had 2 sons) - and she did.

We've lived all around the world, I never lacked anything I wanted.

I'm in grad school to be an architect now, and I'm generally content with how my life is turning out.

But something keeps pulling me back to the fact that I've never known my father, and the curiosity took hold.

I dug out my birth certificate, searched for his full name, and the only results end up with a man that still lives and works in the city I was born in (found Facebook, LinkedIn, and several other websites with profiles of this man, along with pictures). I bear a striking resemblance to my mother, and my brother looks very different to me (darker skin tone, longer face) - and the man that I found, in certain pictures I've found online, has a passing resemblance to my brother. Certainly in the shade of his skin, as well as some features.

Part of me wants this for me. Part of me wants to share who I am and what I've made of myself to him.

Another part of me realizes that this man has his own family, with a wife and daughter (again, I came to this conclusion from pictures I saw) - and perhaps I will only end up finding nothing of value in the end.
>>
Have low expectations.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.