[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
background checks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: iu.png (237 KB, 642x453) Image search: [Google]
iu.png
237 KB, 642x453
What's up?
I have a question about background checks for actual full time careers (I just got my undergrad)
They say everything you've ever searched for on the internet is accessible and can't be truly erased. Well I've seen a lot of fucked up illegal shit on 4chan alone, and the fact that I've seen it means it's been on the ip at my house. I've never done anything seriously illegal (i mean I've stolen some gum or whatever, downloaded some songs) and would never hurt a fly, but I have been pretty seriously depressed before, and I ended up seeing a shrink for a while and while everything's ok now, I remember having some very dark conversations on facebook and random other places online, with random people over that time. All of that content was deleted on my end and the computer I used back then is broken now anyway. But..
Basically, can your internet history ever come up in a background check? Can it hurt you?
>>
File: 1395224812466.gif (785 KB, 269x199) Image search: [Google]
1395224812466.gif
785 KB, 269x199
>>16758138

>Basically, can your internet history ever come up in a background check?

No. Background check is primarily criminal. No one cares about your google searches.
>>
>>16758174
This, unless you're applying for a position with the NSA or something.
>>
>>16758184
No I hate the federal government. I'm looking to probably become a public accountant. My degree was accounting.

I mean, I don't know this shit. It feels good to be laughed at
>>
>>16758198

>I mean, I don't know this shit. It feels good to be laughed at

Yeah, you're fine man. Even if they could find all this information somehow it would be ridiculously expensive and time consuming for a company to hire a squad of computer hackers to dig up shit on EVERY person that applied for them.

So unless you're applying for some confidential security/government job no one really cares about anything other than your criminal record.
>>
>>16758138
>They say everything you've ever searched for on the internet is accessible and can't be truly erased.
That's not strictly true. It's more accurate to say that you have no ability to control whwther it's accessible or not, or when (or if) it's erased. The Internet forgets things all the time, but it does so on its own schedule, it doesn't care who wants any given thing to be forgotten (or remembered, for that matter), and it resists attempts to make it forget just like people do.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.