[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
18 male anon here, I have an amazing relationship with my girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: 1357246934986.png (208 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1357246934986.png
208 KB, 512x384
18 male anon here,

I have an amazing relationship with my girlfriend (who attends class and works every day of the week, so I only see her on weekends), I've got about 5 or 6 really close friend who I can hang out with whenever they are free (not at work or in class), I have an okay job which gives me 15 hours a week, I got to community college full time (this semester I'm take 2 online from-home classes and 2 irl attendance classes). So I've got all that going on in my life and yet on the 1 or 2 days of the week where I'm by myself all day or at least a large portion of the day, I feel so lonely. Once I get lonely I start to feel a little depressed.

How do I not feel so down? I mean in the bigger scheme of things I'm at a great moment in my life right now, I've got a girl that loves me and friends that I like hanging with and yet I feel depressed sometimes.
>>
>>16757081

your loneliness seems to only be tied to your alone-ness. maybe not but based on the story you're telling us, that is it.

that means you're basically a bit over stimulated when it comes to interaction and attention. thats pretty unhealthy if by the end of a day alone you feel depressed. it also doesn't bode well for the future because lets be real, interaction becomes less consistent as you get older.

imo you should take those days you have off and make an effort to enjoy them. you might be too busy to truly enjoy a productive hobby like writing a book or drawing a comic, but perhaps you can take smaller activities to break up the day with something you like.

a lot of people will sit down on a day off and just vegetate on the couch with netflix but after about 6 episodes its no longer relaxing, you burn out and get frustrated.

write down somethings you want to do, some like chores some like playing video games etc. try to make a list of what to do on your day off and break up the leisure with things like 'go for a walk with (with the dog?)' or 'ride my bike' or something.

make it a piint to acknowledge whats nice about the day and your brain will start to treat it like its nice
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.