[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point in fucking existing if you have to work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 08459034.png (264 KB, 300x345) Image search: [Google]
08459034.png
264 KB, 300x345
What's the point in fucking existing if you have to work all the time? What a miserable existence. Suicide sounds easier.
>>
Find a field where there are jobs you enjoy doing.

If all else fails, you can at least get a job where you make a lot of money. If you're going to hate your job either way you might as well make bank.
>>
It is.
I'd only recommend the helium + mask tactic if you dont have a gun.
>>
Basic needs involve a roof over your head and food in your stomach. Everything else is just a bonus. Maybe you think you are too good for this shit, but your attitude suggests the opposite.

I mean, what do you want out of life? How can you even want out of it without knowing the answer to that one? You certainly don't have to spend all of it working. I didn't work 'normally' for most of my teens and 20's and spent a pretty long period homeless.
>>
>>16756785

if it was easier than there'd be more mass suicides, but you'll notice most people wont do it becuase suicide is easy, they'll do it cuz life is fucking hard for them.

all that being said, most people manage to find joy outside of work, or even in their wokr. i love my job, but then again, right now my job is letting me spend all day on /adv/ and youtube so...
>>
File: 1425336225544.jpg (7 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1425336225544.jpg
7 KB, 250x243
>>16756798
I don't enjoy doing anything
>>16756976
>most people wont do it becuase suicide is easy, they'll do it cuz life is fucking hard for them
No its because almost everyone is afraid of death. Also they have probably have friends, that care about them
>i love my job, but then again, right now my job is letting me spend all day on /adv/ and youtube
How do I find a job like that?
>>
>>16757007

>no its becuase almost everyone is afraid of death

so what your saying is, suicide DOESNT sound easier becuase of how scary death is compared to just having a fucking job.

>how do i find a job like that

generally speaking you have to pay your dues in order to have any type of fun existence. you gotta be worth it. i grew up learning web design and learning other skills useful in an office. so when i applied to work in an office i got the job easy and was quickly promoted to manager of the entire business.

from there i just had to streamline the business so it ran as smoothly as possible. theres still work. i re-design the website every year, i do all the accounting and bill paying and managing of hte trips and such, but because of how well managed it is, there is a lot of downtime and even with that i only 'work' for 5 hours a day.

but i mostly only got here cuz i do find office work to be a bit enjoyable and fulfilling so it wasn't hard paying my dues to get here.

though doing the other stupid odd jobs to get here was definitely tough. i think the issue here is you are honestly associating /adv/ and youtube with actual fulfillment, as opposed to a little joke i made to explain how cushy my position is.
>>
My father worked his ass off to retire young. He hated work. He mostly doesn't like people. I think he has low self esteem because he is very intelligent in his own way, yet was always expected to amount to very little except basic labour/blue collar work.

He'd often tell me "son, nobody likes going to work, everyone hates having a boss. Everyone hates being told what to do, anyone who claims otherwise is either trying to get you to do something for them or knowingly or unknowingly lying to you and themselves because they can't face the real world".

He has now had almost 20 years of self imposed isolation. His personal philosophy is just so strange yet strong, I don't know how the fuck he does it.

I see people all the time who get something out of work. Even if it is just social currency with which to bitch about the blindingly obvious. I mean, having an awareness of this makes it lose a little a flavour, but the absence of it is a little institutional. He is evidence of that path.
>>
I bet all the ghosts above us are laughing at us, wasting our existence on earth being cucked by the government. Paying bills till we die
>>
>>16756785
Work provides a chance to discover things you are good at and people to socialize with. Also, money.
>>
Anyway. There isn't any point in existing. There is only worth in life if you determine it as having worth. This sounds depressing, but it is ultimately very liberating. It often depends on if you are feeling optimistic or depressed at that particular moment and in part if you are aware of your own choices and the weight of your own preconceived ideas and notions concerning what life 'should' contain as to if you feel lucky or ripped off.

Read up on some stoicism. Learn to reject involuntary and unconscious judgement which harms your progress towards cultivating an experience of the cosmos as a unified living being. Nature is indifferent to your suffering and your reactions are yours alone.
>>
File: buffy422-adam.jpg (26 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
buffy422-adam.jpg
26 KB, 640x360
>>16756785
> work all the time
Define all. I worked 62 hours last week. I have to be at work in 3 1/2 hours. I'm still here.

> What a miserable existence.
Before harvesting machines, early settlers worked from sunrise to sunset. In the northern US regions, most of this time was just chopping wood to heat a 1-room house during the winter. Life expectancy was around 40.

Compared to that, your workload is nothing.

> Suicide sounds easier.
Starvation is easier than going through all the trouble of cooking. But as someone who has survived a week without food, I wouldn't suggest it.

> What a miserable existence.
>>
you might feel like your entire life is shit and every day only involves pain and struggle, but surely there must be some moments of joy in your life. If not then you might just need to change your view on things.
>>
File: 1453483280198.jpg (3 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
1453483280198.jpg
3 KB, 125x116
>>16756785
Astrophysicist here
I don't hate work
:]
>>
>>16757007
>I don't enjoy doing anything

I think you've got a bigger problem. Get some hobbies friend.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.