[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone else here who doesn't drink or use other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3
File: alcoholfree.jpg (9 KB, 181x179) Image search: [Google]
alcoholfree.jpg
9 KB, 181x179
Is there anyone else here who doesn't drink or use other drugs? Seems like this entire site is full of drunks and stoners.
>>
>>16756459
I'm clean.
I'm also the most boring person you will ever known.
>>
>>16756459
I don't drink because it upsets my stomach.
However I smoke weed like a fucking degenerate in my 20s'.
>>
>>16756476

That's not what I'm looking for.
>>
I don't drink or do drugs except when I do
>>
>>16756459
I don't. The purpose of most drink and drugs is to deaden perception, to smooth out the hard edges of reality and make things more mellow.

I'm one of those strange people who actually like reality, who get "high" on having my mind operating at full steam rather than having it turned off.

Besides, I don't like the taste of any alcoholic drinks.
>>
>>16756459
I like the taste of wine and beer, so I drink sometimes (once a week at most, a glass of wine or a beer), but never enough to get tipsy or drunk.
I don't do drugs.
>>
I didn't drink until I hit 20 years of age.

Then I realised I'm friendless, lonely, a prude and a retard.

I now drink beer to keep my mouth busy and to get wasted enough to not talk. I still don't have any friends but I have a few people in my life.

In general, people will avoid you if you deny alcohol and cigarettes, but some will tolerate you if you drink enough to make up for not smoking.
>>
>>16756466

Better to be boring than be a degenerate, right?
>>
>>16756459
What ADVICE do you want?
>>
I rarely drink, like few glasses of wine/beer every few months. Never smoked or done any drugs. I've been offered quite a wide array of drugs but never seen the point in intentionally losing control of your body.
>>
>>16756562
I don't care either way.

I just realized really early in life that people don't really drink alcohol/smokes/drugs because they like them but because someone else does it. Is something they do just to fit in, and that's stupid.
Not to mention that's a huge waste of money.
>>
>>16756562
No one will care about you when you die. It doesn't matter what kind of life you lived. The only person who truly cares about that is you.
>>
>>16756459
I didn't drink until I was 21 (here anybody 18 and up can legally buy alcoholic beverages but most start at 14-15). I drink sparingly (i.e. 1-2 can/bottle of beer 1-2 times a month). I avoid drinking when I'm feeling bad or when I'm sick.
>>
>>16756510

>people will avoid you if you deny alcohol and cigarettes, but some will tolerate you if you drink enough to make up for not smoking.

I don't drink or smoke and yet have a healthy social life, if somebody avoids you because you don't do something that people considere "cool" they aren't worth your time.
>>
I smoke pot several times a day every day. I wish I could quit. I like getting high and doing nothing too much. I can't stop thinking about what kind of person I was before I was getting high every day. I wonder if I can still be that same person if I quit, I also wonder if I'll just end up depressed as it feels like my main source of happiness. The most upsetting thing is that I feel like my dreams are slipping away from me because I'm so busy sitting on my ass smoking that I'm not doing anything else other than that and working. When I hang out with my friends my thoughts get even worse. I feel like they're all just attention needing man children. I have nothing left that relates to them other than that we all smoke. I'd love some advice as I haven't gotten any yet.
>>
I only drink when it's socially necessary (on tinder dates, for example). Otherwise teetotal. I don't particularly enjoy it
>>
>>16756611
I live in a very small population city.

I have to be really careful, pretend and do whatever it is necessary to have any company.
>>
>>16756585
I think you've got it slightly wrong.

Yes, most people begin to drink/do drugs because someone else is doing it, and maybe some continue to for the same reason, but personally and for many others, I continued to smoke weed because it helps me relieve stress and deal with my depression, regardless if my friends continue to do so.

That's how a lot of things in life start anyway. We do things because others are doing it and then we either continue to for the benefit of ourselves or to fit in.
>>
>>16756585

This is completely untrue. Booze is great fun, regardless of who is around. Drug users don't just do that shit when other people are around, they do it because it feels good, but it's also addicting.

>>16756611
People dislike hanging out with people who don't drink/smoke not not because it's not "cool," but because most non-drinkers just stand there awkwardly in the corner and bring down the vibe of the fun. They claim "I can have fun without drinking," but most of the time just sit there shuffling through their phone or not saying much.

If you can actually be entertaining sober, more power to you, I don't care if you drink or not. Just don't be a buzzkill.
>>
>>16756612
I could only suggest that you try to smoke a little less each day and do something else that you enjoy, whether it be playing video games, cooking, going for runs. Do anything to ease your mind that doesn't involve just sitting around or will keep you productive.
>>
I drink when I think too much, like now. I only do it like once every two months though, since my body doesn't really manage. It's nice sometimes to just sit at home and have a drink, it helps.
>>
>>16756459
Hi
I'm 19.5 yo I don't drink or smoke(legal age in my country is 18)
>>
I don't see a point in drinking or smoking seems like a waste of time and money to me
>>
>>16756571
This, holy shit. If you came here just to find other special straightedge snowflakes then please go.
>>
>>16756632
>>16756637
still doesn't change the fact that is a waste of money and time. You could be focusing those resources on finding out what you are missing in life and trying to fulfill it rather than filling the void with booze/drugs temporally.
>>
I do light drinking sometimes, but right now I can't because of my medication. It's pretty easy to avoid, though -- I just like the occasional strawberry daiquiri.

Part of it is that I'm a Jesus freak and part of it is that substance abuse just doesn't appeal to me.
>>
I don't partake anymore for health reasons, but I'm not always comfortable talking about my private health issues to others. I worried that people would be unsatisfied by vague explanations and be assholes about it when I refuse. Turns out most people accept "I don't drink" totally fine, and those few who ask immediately stop at "health reasons." It's pleasantly surprising.
>>
I've never been drunk, never smoked a cigarette nor have I ever done drugs. If I'm at a party and they give me a glass of champagne I drink it, but I have never bought alcohol from a store for myself to drink. Also everytime I get a bottle as a present I keep it unopened in the closet. I don't even know why I don't drink, but I just don't.
>>
I'm not a sperglord. I actually have a social life. I don't drink, smoke or do any drugs. I'm 26. I don't do it because i like to take good care of my body and i don't think it's necessary. All my friends smoke or drink to some extend and it's never a problem that i don't. Maybe because i don't run around and preach them to quit.
>>
19 and completely straight edge here
>>
>>16756459
Not smoking for a week, sorry that I have to tell you about it, but it makes me feel stronger to deal with that.
>>
>>16756459

>Is there anyone else here who doesn't drink or use other drugs?

I don't usually drink, but when I do, it is very rare. Used to be a once or twice a year kind of deal. Now, I have stopped completely and haven't been drinking at all. I just can't stomach that shit. It tastes horrible and the only drinks that I would have when I was drinking were the heavily mixed ones that almost completely had the alcoholic taste masked.
>>
>>16756459

tehcnically im in the same boat as you, but ive only been sober for like a week lol. started accutane recently.
>>
Anyone who says they don't drink or use drugs obviously has never done any one of those in their life.

I bet you guys don't even know how Vicodin makes you feel like the greatest person on earth.
>>
>>16756695
>>16756571
These posts really should've ended the thread.
>>
>>16756459
No.
>>
Being anti drug is kind of an ideological stance. It is more complex than that. Drugs are all different as well.
>>
>>16756905
why?
>>
>>be 26
>>never drink because i don't go to parties
>>never took any drugs or smoked cigarettes
>>stole some diazopram or sth.. from my sister
>>i take it to help me sleep and keep my composure - i'm currently dealing with some serious rage inducing bullshit
>>feels like the only thing stopping me from doing something i'll regret later is that anxiety drug
>>it makes me feel sleepy and prevents my rage from focusing if i take it 3x the recommended dosage

Am I a drug addict now ?
>>
>>16757156

Getting there. Sounds more like a dependency than an addiction.
>>
>>16757132

Why is an explanation required?
>>
>>16757046

I didn't know where else to put this thread.
>>
File: 1428081343886.jpg (149 KB, 400x800) Image search: [Google]
1428081343886.jpg
149 KB, 400x800
>>16757036

>feel like
>>
>>16756612
quit. i've smoked too for a decade but i cycle between quitting 100% and then relapsing into a month long several/daily habit.

thc accumulates in the brain and body, subtly saturating all the cells. even when you're not high, it's still having an influence on your mind, believe it or not. you need to clear it all out and get some clarity back.

look into gabriel nahas, he wrote some interesting books on marijuana and past cultures. in brief: wherever people took to smoking weed, it sapped the cultural enthusiasm as people (typically the poorer people) became content to rot away doing nothing, stifled by being high. i found his observations extremely eye-opening in regards to its effect on my own life.
>>
>>16757036

>Anyone who says they don't drink or use drugs obviously has never done any one of those in their life.

No shit, Sherlock.
>>
>>16757156
Careful, make sure to taper off the mess if you want to quit because you will get a grand mal seizure from going cold turkey off those anxiety meds

And what better way to find out you stole your sisters meds in a hospital you nearly lost your life at?
>>
>>16757184
Because is considered abnormal.
>>
>>16757281

That's because the degenerate media wants you to consider it abnormal.
>>
It's a shame that society has such a problem with people who don't drink or do drugs.
>>
>>16756459
I'm clean + not autistic
>>
>>16757216
/b/. I know that people outside of /b/ typically don't want to go to /b/, but that's honestly where this belongs.
>>
I drank a lot when I was a teenager, then it gradually lost it's appeal. Now I drink like once a year or two, and I figure go hard or go home.
I can't stand at parties when no one knows how to deal with the fact that I don't have something alcoholic in my hand - no one wants me to get wasted, but everyone's like "just one drink!". One drink? That doesn't even do anything. I'm not paying twice the price for a drink that tastes less good, is worse for me, and won't even have any nice effects. Why is this so important to people?
idk, people have really fucking weird attitudes about alcohol. It's not just because I don't really drink, either - even when I was a teenager and drinking like a trooper, people were fucking weird about it.

I've never really done drugs. I tried weed a couple of times and hated it.
Anything harder than that, honestly the only thing stopping me from giving it an honest go is that I have no idea where to get it and don't care enough to find out. I doubt I'd enjoy them though, with how much I hated weed and don't enjoy drinking. But like mum and dad always say, you'll never know if you don't try.
Plus obviously health concerns - like, LSD is something I always wanted to try, but these days it's mostly just a knockoff that comes with a risk of seizures and death, so no thanks.
>>
>>16757424

I don't see what autism has to do with anything.
>>
22. Ive tried shrooms and lsd in the past, smoked a weed a lot in my teens and never been into drinking.
Now i only smoke weed with a tiny group of friends here and there maybe a couple times a year, most times i decline and when im on my own i might smoke a wee bit and listen to a nice album.

Its something you can do as often as you want to or not at all if you dont want to, just take it easy
>>
I'm not trying to ask everyone about their drug usage. I'm only trying to see if there's anyone else here who doesn't do ANY of that stuff.
>>
>>16757455

The thread probably wouldn't last as long if it were posted there.
>>
Balanceren disorder, so cant drink. Had to quit smoking too.
>>
>>16757638

Did you mean "balance disorder"?
>>
>>16756459
I did in the past, but no longer.
>>
>>16757585
Too bad. That's where it belongs.
>>
26, straight edge. I never bring it up unless somebody really presses the issue. Occasionally obnoxious people don't get it and think I must be a mormon or recovering addict, or that I think I'm better than them. Otherwise it's not a big deal. OP, I think it just seems like everybody here does drugs because nobody tells stories about how they didn't.
>>
>>16756562
No not really. If youre sponging money off your parents or welfare its not the drug's fault youre just dumb. I get high and drunk all the time and im paying my own way through university
>>
What are you happy or something, OP?
>>
>>16756637
>People dislike hanging out with people who don't drink/smoke not not because it's not "cool," but because most non-drinkers just stand there awkwardly in the corner and bring down the vibe of the fun. They claim "I can have fun without drinking," but most of the time just sit there shuffling through their phone or not saying much.

>If you can actually be entertaining sober, more power to you, I don't care if you drink or not. Just don't be a buzzkill.

The thing I've come to realize is that it has to work both ways. It might be a very obvious thing to say but most people seem to forget in practice.

I don't drink. My friend do and alcohol is always there at any kind of meet-up, I don't mind it. They are not irresponsible about it.

But whenever I meet new people, alcohol is again always there. So comes a point where I have to tell people that I don't drink. And this mere fact seems to be the buzzkill. It's like saying I don't like alcohol automatically means "I'm a anti-alcohol activist and I despite you". And so the others just kind of stop bothering with me. Just like non-drinkers can think "just another retard" when someone brings up his drinks, drinkers just suppose I'm a stuck-up cunt. My friends proved to me that having fun together is possible even if I don't drink, but most of the times I meet new people, I feel like I'm fighting hopelessly. Sometimes I have to give up, thus being the buzzkill people just expect me to be anyway.

It's weird to think that not drinking makes your life hard, but sometimes I can't help thinking it does. Especially when everybody you know drinks and think alcohol is such an absolute necessity for socializing.

Drinking alcohol and feeling wrongly judged for it because of the shitty moralist messages from medias is a legit complaint to have, but I think drinkers don't quite realize the extent to which they are the majority and how easily they can make non-drinkers the actual outcasts of society.
>>
File: 1453665820499.jpg (80 KB, 442x641) Image search: [Google]
1453665820499.jpg
80 KB, 442x641
i just fucking love cigarettes, booze, weed, sex and 3d movies.

op sounds like a major league fuccboi
>>
>>16756459
I'm a girl. Kinda alcoholic. Smoked weed regular. Do drug as well but no more.
And yes. I'm single as fuck and boring like crazy. People thought I'm a nerd. Oh come on. Don't judge people by their looks.
>>
I love it when ppl say drug free
No caffeine to get you started in the morning?
No Advil or Tylenol for the headaches?
Zoloft cuz your dr said to take it?
Then a sleeping pill to pass out?
That's how a ton of my fellow Americans do it

I smoke weed weekly and I'm considered the druggie lol
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.