[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do schools kill creativity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Do you think school kill creativity ?
>>
>>16756349
I think the problem with schools is that the teachers usually teach their way of doing things, so the students all keep doing the same shit. But if you happen to get good class mates, they might actually help you be more creative.
>>
>>16756349
I think it's the biggest meme ever made.
Makes me angry
>>
>>16756349

You should be creative without school.
>>
File: 1453743157881.jpg (35 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
1453743157881.jpg
35 KB, 579x570
>>16756349
Sure it does, the system we employ today atleast.
Today is all about teaching children what is right and what is wrong. Teaching them what happened and why it happened.
Making them memorise stuff that they wont need to remember because they will be living glued to their iphone for the rest of their life.(Not that its inherently a bad thing, just a tech-cultural shift)

School need to be unshackeled. It needs to teach you to think. It need to teach you to criticize. It needs to teach you how to look for information, not what the author meant when he said the carpet was blue in Hamlet.

School is today just a level grinding really. You grind your ass off all the way to UNI and then you are expected to be able to think and act academically? No I think not. If the system worked we would not be having children fail school at the pace we have today.

But that is just my two cents on the matter.
>>
>>16756383
This anon has a point.
>>
>>16756349
college does. highschool is fine.
>>
Highschool teaches you shit you'll never need to learn or use in your life. The only reason for it is to get your GED to apply to more jobs basically saying you've wasted 18 years at a prison, congrats! Here's some jobs that are hiring!

The only fun is if you get to fuck the stacys or go to parties, which I never had so fml.
>>
http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity

In short, yes the current system stifles creativity.
>>
>>16757144
You mean English and math that's more difficult than algebra/trig?

Yeah, that's all totally useless and has no application in the real world. Enjoy flipping burgers forever.
>>
Endoctrinates you into a slave for corporations.
>>
No it doesn't.
The only fags who say this are people with bad grades.
>boohoo the system doesn't work because I'm dumb
>u see emotionally intelligent and creativity intelligent but not intelligence intelligent
>why isn't school only centered around the obscure things I am good at?
>>
They don't have schools in nigger countries and I don't see them inventing new space ships.
>>
>>16756383
>It needs to teach you to think. It need to teach you to criticize
Good luck. The promotion of "diversity" is going to prevent any critical thinking
>>
>>16756349
Of course it kills creativity. That's the whole point of school. Regular daily monotonous grind just wears creativity away. Our govt feels its important to make sure our will to think independently is slowly eroded away during our earliest years while our minds are still being shaped. Its only us free-thinkers who ignore it all and behave badly behind the scenes the entire time that end up becoming truly successful in life (like the guy who runs Virgin enterprises). Drop out ASAP.
>>
it doesn't kill anything. the only people who say this are the self proclaimed geniuses who are failing.
>>
>>16756349
This is too broad of a question for one direct answer.

In my experiences through school, I remember having very uninvolved teachers some years. My grades suffered, my thought process suffered. When I tried to do something "out of the box" with teachers, I got in trouble for it.

I remember my 6th grade teacher made us make a "brochure" for a different country in my world history class. When I tried to do something creative, I was docked several points for it, and I got a C- mostly for the way I designed brochure. All the information was there, but because she didn't like the art I did, she docked a lot of points...

One time in 7th grade, I had this woman for my english teacher, and anything I wrote, she accused me of plagiarism just because it was good and she didn't believe I did that by myself. I did all my work in class, that teacher must have had a stick up her ass.

I honestly think it could be the fault of the teacher. I work for a public school district now. I work with special ed, but I meet up with teachers in the lounge and occasionally sit in on their classes. The amount of shit they spew about children and their families is horrendous. They literally do not care. Some teachers are great, others are emotionally disconnected from their job. Forced to meet state standards for their students. So caught up in test scores overall.

They get themselves stuck. What child is going to want to do an activity that isn't fun either? They only care about the scores, because that's what their superiors ride them for, but when they do that, children retaliate with lack of interest. No one wins. Children who struggle, but not struggle enough to receive special services are at the most risk. They will forever be on the average/low side because the teacher does not have enough time for them individually, but they do not qualify for extra help.
>>
>>16756349
>Do you think school kill creativity ?
I think it can, but it doesn't have to.

Then again, I also think creativity has become ridiculously overrated. This is not to disparage creativity, which is in fact quite important. But there are people who treat it as though it were almost literally the only thing that matters, and that's simply not so.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>16757248
>The only fags who say this are people with bad grades.
He's right.
>>
my parents killed my creativity
>>
>>16757248
>Everyone who disagree's with me is dumb
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.