[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do jobs require me to lie about myself to get the job? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1450650474247.jpg (53 KB, 640x624) Image search: [Google]
1450650474247.jpg
53 KB, 640x624
Why do jobs require me to lie about myself to get the job? I like to pretend I'm opposed to this on some kind of noble, moral ground as a crusader for honesty, but really I know that I'm just a shit salesman. I can't lie about myself because everyone is gonna sniff out those lies in a second. How do I get better at "selling" (lying about) myself and get a job?
>>
>>16756220
Everyone lies and everyone knows it. Most people have enough vestigial decency to keep their lies small. Most people compete with eaach other. Go big or go home. Literally.
>>
Everyone embellishes a little bit on a resume. Just don't fucking go over board and say you speak French when you can't even say hello.
>>
>>16756220
Honesty about the system can net you some decent jobs and a good boss-employee relationship.

If the boss knows from the moment you step on to his office that you are an honest guy trying your best at life, he will most likely give you a chance to prove yourself. And if you are a decent man for the job he will have no reason to hire those 30 other applicants that speak 10 different languages and somehow helped build the moon lander.
>>
>>16756361
Kek. Those are some nice rose tinted glasses there buddy.
>>
>>16756361
>a good boss-employee relationship.

This is an urban myth. Bosses are there to make everything as difficult as possible for no logical reason.
>>
>>16756361
Reading this makes me believe you've never actually worked a day in your life. No one can possibly be this naive.
>>
>>16756220

a good lie is grounded in reality.

went to school for a shitty art degree? maybe it wasn't an art degree now...

did community service one night/ maybe it was for 3 months...

had a two week job as a waiter before rage quitting? maybe it was 6 months before moving on because you moved.

friend asked you to help move furniture in his office once? maybe you were the intern for 4 months.

heard about the program 'quickbooks' ? maybe you used it extensively at your last job.
>>
>>16756935
Lol you're kidding right. I've been a boss/manager. My goal was to make your job easier because it correlates with my job being easier. The less you bitch and moan the less I hear about. The more production you do the better I look. It's about finding that middle ground for stable production and happy employees.

If your job is difficult then my job is too. No one wants that...
>>
>>16756935

good generalization man. thats definitely how the world works. why would they want their business to run well?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.