[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of these should i use for my new Tinder profile, keeping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: HappyJackie.jpg (112 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
HappyJackie.jpg
112 KB, 1200x675
Which of these should i use for my new Tinder profile, keeping it short and simple:
1. "Still trying to catch them all"
2. "If its got four legs and a tail, i'll probably try and pat it"
3."Trying to keep the jimmies unrustled"

All are relevant to my personality, Cheers to any feedback
>>
>>

2 is eh and 3 gives away that you go on this terrible website
>>
#1 most people will understand this reference, and not look down on you because of it
>>
>>16754950
#1, absolutely.
>>
>>16754950
None...

Get a new personality and try again.
>>
mmm thanks for the feedback
How about,
"Never could find Waldo"

Have a song for your troubles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk
>>
>>16755180
that one is terrible unless you have one of your pictures with a waldo in the background
>>
>>16755185
fuck me
I just want something simple and not super mainstream
>>
None is suitable

Or a subtle little invitation to talk

One joke is never going to work on everyone. Don't limit yourself by cracking a joke that appeals to 40% of people. That pushes away the other 60%. Don't joke until they're interested.

The only thing they look at is your pic. There's your AESTHETICS, the quality of the photography, things that can be assumed about you through what is included or lacking in your pictue and expression.

The personality bit comes after the appearance bit in terms of when they're looking out for it.
>>
>>16755201
>super mainstream
Then be interesting. Don't fake. Do what you like. You probably don't like filling out the bio with very much, so don't. Photos are an excellent way to express who you are in subtle ways, not forced 200char biographies

The people getting away with that corny biographical shit are usually very kind and attractive looking. Thier success is not in the bio.

Do note a few sexually attractuve passions if you have any
>>
>>16755225
Example: surfing, long term committed charity work, a good major, a good job, implied skill in a competitive sport, something that denotes being well cultured (acting, musician, painting), something that seems open minded like trips to bla bla bla
>>
I get ranked about a 7/10 average
How about
"6" Male.
The rest is negotiable."
>>
They all suck.

How attractive are you out of 10?

You should list your interests and hobbies in your bio dude.
>>
is one little quip the ideal thing to do for your bio on tinder? I'm not hip with the normal strategies, you guys have any insights?
>>
>>16755248
I personally hate it because it gives me absolutely no ideas for how to start a conversation. A bio filled with hobbies, interests, and a little bit about your personality gives me something more interesting to talk about or ask rather than just saying "hey"
>>
>>16755255
>women are starting the conversation

I thought women usually just waited to reply? I'm a guy, why would I need a conversation starter? I AM the conversation starter. Or is this about replies?
>>
>>16755269
I start conversations with guys if i'm really interested and they haven't messaged me yet. I don't think every single girl just waits on there to get a message.
>>
>>16755279
do you get lots of messages? This seems somewhat counter to what I thought was the usual social context on dating sites.

(but granted I've never used tinder much)
>>
not op, but i've been debating trying this line:
if beer was a gun, you could call me Ernest Hemingway
>>
>>16755288
I would say I've gotten an average amount, people don't really like to talk for long though even if I put an effort into the conversation. I think both men and women can be on there for attention. I've had a lot of people make plans and cancel on me last minute, or I give them my number and they never contact me outside of the app.
>>
>>16754950
#1 sounds like STDs
>>
>>16755637
I thought that to kek
>>
File: 1453868297324.png (134 KB, 272x232) Image search: [Google]
1453868297324.png
134 KB, 272x232
"If it has four legs and a tail, I'll probably try to pet it. If it has no tail and two legs, I'll probably let it pet me."
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.