[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the cheapest housing option available? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 306x306
What's the cheapest housing option available? I don't have a car and I don't have shit but I have abusive as fuck alcoholic parents and a shit life. I just want to go somewhere warm where there's a train or a bus or whatever. I don't care if I live in a ghetto and ride busses for hours on end just getting to work and spend all day cleaning toilets. I just want them out of my life I don't care how shitty it makes my life. I would honestly feel safer in Compton because I want death I just don't want their shit anymore.
>>
>>16754782
Renting a room in an inn probably. Not like an apartment but like a house that an old person lets people sleep in and cooks for them ya know?
>>
joining the military would probably be your best bet for a long term solution to getting out of that shitty environment

even if you just stay in for one deployment when you get out you'll have a good stache of money in the bank and better job prospects so you can go wherever you want.
>>
>>16754815
Is there anything cheaper like just sleeping on a couch in an apartment for a few hundred or something
>>
>>16754782
Sober living. You'll live in bunk beds, but it's super cheap. All you have to do is not drink or do drugs while you live there. They'll often help you find work and get your life together.

I stayed at one in the ghetto for a few months when i was homeless. It's not ideal but it kept me going until i got a job and into my current place
>>
>>16754820
this desu
>>
>>16754826
On Craigslist they have single rooms for rent. You'd be sharing a house, but have your own room. Some of them are pretty cheap.
>>
>>16755229
Alright f a m someone told me those were scams and they just collect your money and kick you out but I think they were clueless
>>
What part of Compton do you live by nigger? I stay in lynwood
>>
>>16755250
I don't but it's the destination either that or Harlem
>>
If you have no ties to your state, you can pick a city that is cheap, get a craiglist room and then some medicaid, and then a job. Make sure they stop filing a dependent in thier taxes, and try to apply for a student loan. You may find that you have to wait years for independent status.

There aren't many logistical (right word?) loopholes in this plan, but you may find many psychological ones. That's what the medicaid ia for - pick a blue state with good mental health care. Don't do any drugs. Don't trust any bitch. You need to get yourself off the bottom first, and you will in due time.

Growing up in a negative environment can hurt your psychological resilience, so just be careful for me. Congrats on no longer taking thier shit, and please do save the appropriate amount of money.
>>
>>16755239
Well they can be. There are some shady people on there. Maybe sign a contract? Idk
>>
Don't pick a stereotype of a city when you can go literally anywhere. Think about all of your opinions. Look very locally, even. Cheap housing in my home town existed in abundance, but jobs didn't. The stereotypical place to go in desperation was a murder capitol, so I made a better choice.
>>
look at efficiency apartments, you'll be living in a small room and cooking on a hot plate but rent can be way cheap when compared to a 1bed or studio.
check newspapers for roommate wanted listings or room for rent listings. if you can stomach having strangers for roommates, you could find a reasonable 2-3 bed apt and get roomies. if you're a unifag, this could be easier.
>>16754820
military life could be hell for someone who is just looking for a warm room
>>
>>16755275
This guy is more reasonable. Alcoholic parents can be fire under your ass that gets you that final motivation to join the forces (and it's not something rag-tag team of desperate lads), but it's not going to turn someone who hates the idea into an enlisted soldier.

It's forces are not easy rides with less work. It's a lot of work, for a steady and promising reward. Maybe what you need is some time to straighten out the problems of growing up like that. Then you can do whatever the world has openings for, not just the Army.
>>
>>16755285
I'm not joining any military shit
>>
>>16755291
Yeah just that last ditch join the forces idea is untrue/annoying. I think it was true in the 80's maybe.
>>
>>16755253
lol harlem is expensive as fuck, its a white neighborhood now

try hunt's point in the bronx if you want ghetto
>>
>>16755313
You want life support immigrant with 5 kids area (cheap, welfare culture, sort of safe). You don't want to be raped in a fucking alley because you based a living situations suitability on hood status instead of affordability. "Put me in with the real niggas" is a fantastical depressed thought, not realistic.
>>
>>16755324
What if I want to be like young thug
>>
Wanna get away and from your folks?

Join the military. I did 4 years in the Army. Make the recruiter put your dream destination TYPED in your contract (Hawaii, Italy, Japan w/e)

If you're 18 then it's YOU'RE LIFE! Get the fuck outta there and LIVE!
>>
>>16754782
PIck a place with a big university. Check their bulletin board for roommate-wanted posts. There are always people looking to share apartments, and if desperate enough will take a non-student.
>>
>>16755239

You can check out billboards at local college campuses. Also there are legal contractors for tenants.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.