[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm super depressed because every girl I try to pick up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1447265397653.jpg (70 KB, 587x545) Image search: [Google]
1447265397653.jpg
70 KB, 587x545
I'm super depressed because every girl I try to pick up rejects and I think it's because of my height which is 5'4. Can a manlet actually get a girl?
>>
It's not because of your height.
>>
>>16750668
THIS
>>
>>16750630
Have you considered approaching the mentally handicapped? They'll appreciate your disability and compassion.
>>
File: 1454188525948.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454188525948.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
If she's 4' 11" or less.
>>
>>16750630
One of my friends is 5'3. He gets shit for it, but he's the one with the girlfriend. Just don't focus on exuding what you view as a negative trait, try to highlight what you think of as positive.
>>
>>16750668
Incorrect.

There are girls who will look down on you because of your height. There are some that won't give a shit. If you've got good looks, girls will still be attracted to you and most will overlook the short heigh, although some will be put off by your height. If you don't have good looks, you'll at least need a good physique. If you don't have any, you're stuck in the same position a lot of guys find themselves in.

Don't believe for a second females don't base on looks. They do, and to be honest, are actually more shallow than guys. Guys are at least honest about it.
>>
>shower
>wear nice clothes
>wear perfume
>hit the gym

There you go, faggot. I'm 5'7 manlet too
>>
>5'7"
>20 years old
>looks 14
jdimsa
>>
>>16750630
5'6" 275lbs here. It isn't your height. It's how you present yourself. Trust me when I say attitude is just about everything. Yeah, some will judge based on height, but so what? I'm sure you have superficial preferences, too. Most I've met don't really seem to give a damn.
>>
>>16750741
That anon is not incorrect. While women do care about looks, having a complex about your height is way more of a turn off.

Chances are, there's something else obviously wrong with him that we don't know about.
>>
>>16751778
I can't this any harder.
>>
maybe they reject you because of your attitude. act like you're 6 feet tall and then see how many rejections you get.

jesus who the fuck even cares about getting rejected over such a fucking mundane detail. fuck sake. you should be glad you're weeding out such fucking shallow girls.
>>
People here telling you it's not about your length aren't being realistic.

You have to understand that some women do value height a lot in appareance. Nothing is gonna change that.

Just find a woman who doesn't care about that.

This coming from a 6'4 who got rejected for being too tall (even though I'm not lankey).

Now I wouldn't date a flatchested girl, so I'm not moaning about how unfair it was that I got rejected, but everybody has standards.
>>
>>16751803
The keyword here is some. Yeah, your height puts some girls off the table, but OP is worried about not ever being able to find anyone because of it, and that's just silly.
>>
why is it when I try to update the page it gives me a connection error unless I refresh manually?
>>
>>16751821
Well in his case.. Nowadays girls prefer tall guys so "some" might be more than you are thinking.
>>
Evolutionary speaking, it's engrained that tall men are more fit to be a better mate.
I'm 5'2-5'3 and hate it. In movies, the camera is angled up to show strength, and looks down on people to look weak. This shows being looked down on makes you look weak, but there's always a few girls who don't care. Hit the gym and dress well, bro.
>>
>>16750630
Take it from me a 5/10 Manlet , dated a girl for 3 years 9/10.

Let me tell you that attraction is way more than looks but looks is also a factor.
It will take more than your looks to get you through a 3 year relationship
>>
>>16750630
I never understood the height thing- it has zero bearing on how attractive I find you.

I thought most were the same, but I was surprised to learn that I'm in the minority here. It sort of blows my mind. Someone might be awesome, but you automatically nix them based on height? I guess people can't help what they're attracted to, but it seems ludicrous.
>>
It actually IS a disadvantage being small (at least I think, 6'6'' here), but as someone already said: If you're focused on getting a girl that will love you for who you are, it can actually help you weed out the shallow girls. If you want to score every night with a different girl, that's another story. But it's far from ipossible, I know a lot of guys who are much shorter than me and are better at picking up chicks. It's all about your confidence and behavior. The height is just a bonus.
>>
>>16752125
I have been in multiple long term relationship, don't act like I don't know what it takes.

Just confirming what op is saying, i really think length has a big impact. Women often value tall men when looking for lomg term relationship, especially if they're not too short either.
>>
>>16751781
what
>>
>>16751771
>5'6", 275lbs

jesus christ you sound like a fat gnome
>>
>>16750630
yes, proof ? im a fucking manlet myself and i fucked good/ above average looking girls during my time. You're just being a beta faggot like you've always been. how about you go hit the gym and lose/gain weight ?
>>
Stop being a whiny faggot about it. Like others have already said, being desperate about your height is the turnoff, not your height. I'm 5'6" and have no trouble getting girls.
>>
>>16752693
Maybe..
some women dont value height and favour heavily if their partner is charming and funny w/e.

Looks aint everything but it is something (especially in the initial stage). Looks start to matter less when you're like a year in when youve smelt their farts and shiet
>>
>>16752716
Awww I bet he looks like Patton Oswalt. I wish I could marry himmmmmmm, he's fuckin adorable.
>>
>>16750630
>Can a manlet actually get a girl?

Just date short girls. I'm 5'6 and I'm dating a girl who's about my shoulder height. She's slim and sporty, just a bit on the small side.
>>
Short people have it way easier when making gains. Go to the gym and become a sick cunt and bitches won't care about your height.
>>
6'2

fit
smart

no girls
just keep digging
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.