[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We're visiting my parents for a week. I'm going hunting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: 1442019292005.jpg (53 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1442019292005.jpg
53 KB, 848x480
We're visiting my parents for a week. I'm going hunting with my dad and I want my boyfriend to go. We've been together for 2 years and I thought it would be a good opportunity for my boyfriend to bond with my dad. What's more fun than shooting some feral piggies? Absolutely nothing.

My boyfriend doesn't want to go because he doesn't like guns and thinks hunting is inhumane. How do I convince him to come with us?
>>
Tell him to nut up.
>>
>he doesn't like guns and thinks hunting is inhumane
Either stop dating a woman or have your Dad make him into a man
>>
>>16748328
/thread
>>
But he's right, it is inhumane...

>What's more fun than shooting some feral piggies?
Literally a psychopath. It's not fun to end a life.
>>
>>16748341
Have you ever gone hunting?
>>
>>16748316
Dont force him to do something he doesnt want to do.
>>
>>16748352
I don't need to go hunting to know it's awful and for awful people.
>>
Reminder that if you eat meat you cannot morally object to hunting.
>>
>>16748356
>humanely killing and inhumanely killing are the same thing
>>
>>16748352
>hunting
Killing animals for practically no reason.

What else is there to know.
He doesn't want to go. Be surprised he didn't break up with you over this. A family tradition like this would be a deal breaker for me.
>>
Killing things isn't a fun, wholesome pastime for everyone. Some people are really turned off by blood and pain-screeches. You should respect that.
>>
>>16748316
I hate hunting personally. My boyfriend is a "man"; he's the bread winner, assertive, headstrong, great with money, has his shit together, takes care of business, and fucks the absolute shit out of me, choking and spanking me.
He also loves animals like me, though. He would never kill an animal.
I'm not saying that hunting is the worst thig ever and I'm not gonna preach to you. But some people can't bring themselves to kill an animal. It wouldn't be fun for either of us. I would cry and he would be insanely uncomfortable. Respect his thoughts and feelings. There's plenty of other ways in which your dad and him can bond that he's comfortable with
>>
>>16748361
>Killing animals for practically no reason.
Animals deserve to die for being tasty tbhfam.
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (5 KB, 188x251) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
5 KB, 188x251
kill him
>>
>>16748367
So when do we get to kill you?
>>
>>16748361
Feral pigs are vermin and destroy the environment and agriculture around them and are a threat to the native wildlife. It would be more inhumane and terrible to let them live and destroy everything around them.
>>
>>16748373
Humans are vermin and destroy the environment and agriculture around them and are a threat to the native wildlife. It would be more inhumane and terrible to let them live and destroy everything around them.
>>
bait.
>>
>>16748328
>>
>>16748383
Alright, let's hunt you first then rediscuss our plans.
>>
>>16748360
Its more humane than how it would die naturally.
>>
>>16748393
You aren't too bright, are you? Try reading the post again and see if you get the point.
>>
>having pity for wild pigs
Pigs are so bad for the environment that you don't even need a license to hunt them, they're just terrible animals.

And delicious animals. It's like, the perfect hunting animal. There is no moral gray area, they're a menace.
>>
>>16748395
So being murdered is better than dying of old age. Holy fuck.
>>
>dating a giant pussy
Get a real man OP.
>>
>>16748360
You seem to be grossly ill-informed about the living conditions of meat-farmed livestock. It's typically more humane for them to be killed in a hunt, unless you somehow buy personally from a farm which feeds them from the hand with rainbows and spring dew.
>>
>>16748398
Remember you're talking to bleeding hearts who have no problem eating meat as long as they never had to look the animal it came from in the eye.
>>
>>16748415
Except we're talking about wild animals. Nice try, though.
>>
>>16748430
>people who eat farmed meat can't morally object to hunting because farming conditions are typically more inhumane than any act involved in hunting
>hurr we were talking about wild animals
>>
>tfw no cute girlfriend to shoot at wild animals with
Your boyfriend doesn't know how lucky he is.
>>
>>16748316
Hunting wild pigs is the one thing I miss about living in the south, they're so damn tasty!

I'm sorry your boyfriend has a vagina, maybe think of another bonding activity that you all can do together. Hunting is only in humane if you're a bad shot.
>>
>>16748396
>Acting like a wannabe smart-ass in the Internet

*tips fedora*
>>
>>16748489
Yeah he doesn't want to kill a living thing, what a pansy!
>>
>>16748516
>he doesn't want to kill a parasite
FTFY
>>
Why are liberals such giant pussies?
>>
>>16748530
liberalism is the school of thought using emotion as a basis
>>
Make him do another thing with your dad
Something both like
>>
>>16748510
Cry some more faggot
>>
Nothing puts hair on your balls like hunting does. It's the ultimate man to man activity.

I wouldn't be surprised if your father disapproves of your boyfriend because of this. I would too, what a baby.
>>
>>16748516
He doesn't have to shoot anything, he can just go with them and they can shoot things. Eating kills living things, even if you're a vegan, you're still eating a living plant.
>>
>>16748582
>comparing plants to a living breathing animal
>>
>>16748652
Plants are living and breathing. He is making a comparison for they both are living beings.
>>
>>16748669
You can't compare a plant and a live animal.
>>
Guns are a lot of fun, but hunting for sport is kind of shitty. Hunting to feed your family? Go for it.

Anyways OP, don't force your boyfriend if he doesn't like it.
>>
>>16749027
>hunting for sport is kind of shitty.
Leave.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.