[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started over-eating and throwing up because of some issues.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: EnglishBreakfast-1200-80.jpg (126 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
EnglishBreakfast-1200-80.jpg
126 KB, 1200x674
I started over-eating and throwing up because of some issues.
How do I protect my teeth because I've heard this habit is bad for them?
>>
>>16747891
Stop throwing up would be a good start. Make sure to wash your mouth every time you finish other wise your stomach acid will peel your teeth enamel. Brushing or mouthwash even water works too.
>>
make sure to throw up as fast after eating as possible. this way the food isn't "broken down" that much already. wash with water. don't brush your teeth or use mouthwash. that would be a combination that's too harsh.
chew some gum containing xylit instead.
make sure you drink loads of warm water with your food. it wil help to get everything up again fast and less painfully.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulimia_nervosa
>>
Started? this has been going on for years.
>>
>>16747891
have you tried not being such a faggot?
>>
>>16747965
I'll throw up even better next time just for you.
>>
>>16747891

I'm sure you know the whole habit is fucked up, and it'd be cool if you could not do that.

Anyway, you want to get whatever comes up away from your teeth as soon as you can. Washing over brushing is probably best, since simply eating already weakens enamel.

Not much you can do for your throat, though.
>>
>>16747891
It's bad for the following parts of your body:
teeth (decay of enamel)
esophagus (inflammation and potential rupture)
stomach (ulcers)
heart (electrolyte imbalances leading to arrhythmia and heart failure)
brain (high blood pressure)

You cannot eliminate the dangers. If you continue, it may kill you.
>>
https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/health-consequences-eating-disorders

http://www.futuresofpalmbeach.com/bulimia-nervosa/health-risks/

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/eating-disorders/bulimia-nervosa/bulimia-nervosa-what-happens
>>
It's the esophagus damage that you really have to worry about since its irreversible. You can get new teeth. Barrett’s esophagus, and Boerhaave syndrome.
>>
>>16748068
I want to stop but I've been feeling so much better since I have been dealing with enormous amount of guilt after every mean and feeling of being repulsive and ugly.

I know I'll have to deal with the health issues since I already have cold sores all the time because of lack of immunity and I'm sneezing all the time but that's something I have to live with.

I think the benefits outweigh the cons.
>>
>>16748077
After very meal*
>>
>>16748077
I can tell you from firsthand experience that it's not worth it. The consequences catch up quickly and having an eating disorder leads to MORE guilt, eventually. Once it starts to get bad, you'll feel WAY worse than ever before. And it happens fast, trust me.

It's a band-aid that hurts you. You need real help. Talk to your doctor or a teacher or someone you trust.

Eating disorders kill. But first they ravage your body and brain. They destroy you.
>>
>>16748087
I live in a poor easter european country.

There are no doctors here for made up diseases.
>>
>>16748077
Your hair will fall out, your skin will turn pasty grey and your teeth will become riddled with cavities if you keep this up. The more you do it the harder it will be to stop. Seriously, find help.
>>
>>16748090
Oh. I'm sorry to hear your country sucks at mental health. All the more reason not to go down this path...
>>
>>16748090

Sadly, this one isn't made up. If you can find a doctor, just tell somebody you can trust. Maybe they can help and, more importantly, you get to actually vent that shit.
>>
File: canc.jpg (53 KB, 378x246) Image search: [Google]
canc.jpg
53 KB, 378x246
>>16747891
>>
File: physicals.jpg (82 KB, 610x978) Image search: [Google]
physicals.jpg
82 KB, 610x978
>>16747891
>>
File: list2.jpg (331 KB, 970x810) Image search: [Google]
list2.jpg
331 KB, 970x810
>>16747891
the deadly stuff
>>
File: bulimia-close-up.jpg (338 KB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
bulimia-close-up.jpg
338 KB, 5184x3456
>>
>>16748100
Don't want to sound like an emo highschool kid because it's been a long time since high but I'm kinda struggling to stay sane a bit since I'm alone, I live with my dad but he usually just insults me when I try to talk to him and calls me names which ruins my week so I avoid talking to him.
>>
>>16748124
That's fucking horrible. Is there any way to get out of that place? Anyone else you can stay with? Abuse is serious.
>>
>>16748126
No, I had my few chances of getting my life in order but I somehow managed to misuse or waste them all.
It's all done now.
>>
>>16748134
I'd let you sleep on my couch if you lived in Canada. What about a shelter? I still think a doctor would be your best option. You may think it's too minor, but if it's driving you to this then it is serious.

You're worth more than this.
>>
>>16748134
>>16748124

It's never too late, man, and if you can't see that, it's probably because you're living with an abusive dickhead.

Living with a roommate or two and earning a minimum wage isn't the American Dream but it's better than this.
>>
>>16747891
>I have issues, how do I get around them? lol

You don't
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.