[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any guys here can give me some advice. Im in my 20's and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: eXt0o5w.jpg (185 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
eXt0o5w.jpg
185 KB, 1200x798
Any guys here can give me some advice.

Im in my 20's and I'm not good looking at all, more so ugly would be my guess.

Being in my 20s and having never been on a date in my life, I feel really depressed and sad mostly when around women my age.

I'll save you some time, I did a google search and got advice on how to improve my appearance. I work out(2 years), dress well, skin is clear. The problem is my face I think and im short 5'6.

Basically i just want to not feel depressed about it because it ruins my day and makes me feel like garbage.
>>
"Every pot has a lid."
There is someone out there for you.
Stay in your own lane.
>>
>>16742449
Lol I'm in my 20s and never even been on a date. I just want to not feel lock garbage.
>>
Go to see your doctor and tell him what you wrote here.
>>
>>16742462
I have a female doctor and not so sure I want to do that.

Why do I have depression or something ?
>>
>>16742462
Doctors don't give a shit how your emotional state is unless they're a psychotherapist. If I went to my general practitioner and told him I was depressed he'd probably smirk and tell me to seek a psychiatrist. Then he'd make fun of me with the nurses later for coming in with such a stupid problem.
>>
>>16742476
doctor here

can confirm
>>
>>16742417
Do you ask any girls out? Do you have any friends that are girls? Do you know how to interact with girls calmly and casually? Do you talk to girls regularly, attend social gatherings where girls go to meet people, or approach girls first to chat or talk at any time anywhere?

There are many people your height that get gfs. Very many. But getting a gf is like changing a tire; it requires work. You dont just stand around waiting for the tire to be changed and cursing gods and man that things aren't better, you get down and do some shit, even though you get sweaty and your shirt gets dirty.
>>
>>16742417

Have you been asking anyone out, either in person or online?

Kind of hard to get a date if you're not interacting with women.

Also, you need to work on your mentality. I get it, being a longtime loner sucks, but dwelling on it isn't helping; do the words "desperate and depressed" sounds romantically appealing to you? Because almost no woman will think so.

Keep on with your personal betterment efforts, but you've got to start enjoying life before women will want to spend time with you.
>>
>>16742417

The beauty of being a man is this- you are not just your looks. Your looks can be balanced out over talent, money, popularity, and overall value.

All you have to do is become 'high value' in a few areas of your life, and you can use that to get bitches. Rich CEOs get mad pussy, and trust me it's not based off of their looks.
>>
File: WPjAtaE.jpg (111 KB, 500x864) Image search: [Google]
WPjAtaE.jpg
111 KB, 500x864
>>16742489
no. no, i would not count my friends girlfriends as friends. yeah. Nope, Im in college but Computer Science lol.

Im not a big fan of this labor work thing, I like solving problems with my brain asking me to code something is really stimulating for me. Ask me to change a tire and maybe another time.

>>16742490
I have 10 solid friends that i've known over a decade. Granted they are a year or 2 older than me, but we enjoy the same things and come from a similar socioeconomic background. Im not desperate I have standards, but its not so much physical.
>>
File: JW6fWxi.jpg (60 KB, 640x546) Image search: [Google]
JW6fWxi.jpg
60 KB, 640x546
>>16742506
Lol that makes it worse, I have no talent or popularity. I'll make 100k working in tech, maybe 150k if i become a manager, but i will never be like rich.

The sad thing is I once thought ok i researched a bunch of information on how to fix my appearance ill do these things then problem is solved. Yeah, didn't work.
>>
>>16742456
Still better then falling in love with someone who will never love you. And loves your best friend

anyways you are still young just don't think about it too much you will eventually find someone
>>
>>16742637
I heard that when I was 16 will I hear it again at 40?
>>
>>16742675
If you are unlucky yes. But there is a good chance that you will meet a girl you get along with. My advice is don't think about it too much.
>>
>>16742476
Where i live you have one doc that gives you prescription to specialized docs. He then tells you something like "well anon you feel like shit because you eat shit" or "stop smoking pot boy and if it doesn't get any better go to this doc"

>>16742485
Good for you "doctor" but your opinion doesn't whey more than other answers.

>>16742467
Well, you have to know this by yourself. Doctors have heard stuff and can tell you something with their experience.
But maybe you're right, that a female doctor maybe will understand what you explain, but not know what would be good for you in your situation.
>>
>>16742417

post pics of urself, best we can do.

this part may be difficult but posting pics of the type of women you'd REASONABLY like to date my open our eyes a bit.
>>
>>16742417
Be enthusiastic. Animated people gain at least 50% attractiveness. And if you're serious don't be afraid to joke, someone will like your humour and it'll improve with use.
>>
>>16742417
Let me put some things into perspective for you, OP. Right now you're stuck in an endless cycle:

>you actively tell yourself that you're ugly
>that makes you less confident around women
>women are turned off by your lack of confidence and that drives them away
>you not attracting/driving away women further perpetuates your belief that you're ugly, go back to step 1

There is only one reasonable and fool-proof way to break the cycle and that's: confidence. Forget that you're ugly, become less self-aware if need be. Date women below your "tier", listen to motivational speeches, music, whatever the fuck, there are a million ways to gain confidence.
Just remember - your problem isn't in the fact that you're ugly, it's in the belief that you're ugly.

Also: post pic.
>>
>>16742417
Can we see you OP? Maybe it's not that bad. Trust me I've seen some ugly fuckers and even they get girls.
>>
>>16743033
Dont feel comfortable posting my pic here...

Type of women? 6/10 is fine as long as they arent fat, im not picky on looks.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.