[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it like being an attractive person? Looking for both
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: i wish.png (96 KB, 966x966) Image search: [Google]
i wish.png
96 KB, 966x966
What is it like being an attractive person? Looking for both male and female perspectives, feel free to share experiences, musings, whatever
>>
>>16740853
i dont know what is considered attractive to you, but i guess i might fall into that category. I assume you're referring to optical appearance.

well, you realize looks is not something that is too much of importance. i fucked up dating grills with my behaviour and i've seen friends of mine hook up with literal 10/10grills while they're 7/10 at best.
be self confident, that's probably worth a lot more. though it's easier to be self confident when you are good looking.
the only real advantage i see is in random hookups, when grills still want to fuck you even if you're behaving like a moron. but honestly, who wants random hookups when they could also have a stable relationship?
>>
>tfw aesthetic as fuck
>tfw social skills are literally 0

It's a bit of a pisstake desu
>>
>>16740926
Well stable relationships arent necessarily readily available, thanks for your input though
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 700x1000
>>16740853
>be me
>be attractive
>rated 8/10ish
>complimented and hit on
>mentally unstable
>that's a bigger red flag to most people than not being amazing looking
>no friends
>only people I hang out with is my sig other and mom
>tfw I don't care at all and just wish I had friends and didn't want to die
>>
>>16740957
Is that you? If so, I would say you're attractive and cute, but yeah, just because someone looks ''attractive'' externally doesn't mean their internal nature and appearance is the same, or corresponds with how they feel about themselves and state.
>>
>>16740978
>is that you?

AH HAHAHAHA
>>
>>16740978
No that's jane from breaking bad lol
>>
People just smile at you and some girls would wave or try and say hi. Too bad I only know smalltalk.
>>
>>16740940

Same here.

>I'm well built, childish/ cute face, intelligent bordering craziness, extroverted.

> Been constantly hit by women and some gay dudes. Even my female boss flirts once in a while with me, thankfully she is married.

> Scared to hell from letting anybody getting to close emotionally. There is always a veil between me and the rest . Feel very lonely inside.
>>
>>16740853
wouldnt know personally, but based off of the insanely attractive people i know intimately it doesnt seem to have much effect. their personality, ability, and charm seem to have all the impact that gets others to swoon
>>
A friend of mine is an absurdly attractive man. Random girls start conversations with him for no reason, everyone he meets thinks he's awesome. It's pretty dumb, how different the way people treat him vs the way they treat me.
>>
>>16740853
I'm attractive. I've always been that attractive child and always get compliments. It is good to have your looks to make a first positivie impression on people, so I don't have to be that active, approaching others. However, it of course leads to many hearts being broken, or people getting jealous if you show talent in a few or more fields and don't have the personality for people being well disposed to you, as I'm ambitious which leads in others to competition. The reason for my ambition meanwhile is the fear of being just liked and admired for my looks. I have severe problems with my selfesteem thinking I'm not intelligent or good enough in everything i do and being that slow girl who wouldn't be where she is, if not for her looks. I just can't chill. I feel like everyone is watching and waiting for me to mess up.
>>
I can't have any male friends, they get attracted, think they love me, or ignore me when they get a gf. Being pretty isnt everything if you cant talk to people. I dont have a 10/10 personality so I dont have many friends and shit like bars and drinking is foreign to me.

People dont come up and talk to me usually because 1) theyre intimidated 2)I'm contantly in la la land and you can totally tell
>>
>>16740853
Attractive guy here. Wasn't always good looking, but a few years ago I started lifting, changed my mannerisms, social circles, lifestyle in general. Now it's relatively easy for me to meet, chat up, and socialize with other attractive women. It's great to be able to have so many options, however- I find it difficult to relate to people who haven't yet made the transformation I have. I don't want to be callous, but part of me just doesn't want to be around people the 'settle'.
>>
i bloomed late into an 'unconventionally' attractive look. since i have certain quality (which i wont name) i notice some people (conventional attractives i'll call them) get FUCKING FIERCELY defensive/competitive, only to find out they dont stand a fucking chance then they just try to be my friend. a lot of people seek validation. for example, me NOT treating them like shit somehow means i approve of them when im really just trying to go about my business. i get quite a bit of preferential treatment. but to be completely honest, all this shit existed before i 'bloomed' blooming just amplified it a bunch.

if youre wondering about getting laid and what not that doesnt happen because i have a 20/10 personality for being a fucking complete dickhead fuckhole piece of shit
>>
>>16741052
Basically this.

I get hit on a lot, until they find out how autistic you are. And you get a reputation as such (weird/crazy) because you're more noticeable.
>>
people look at you, sit by by, and are friendly to you. People try to talk to you.
>>
People hit on you at work.

It's annoying.
>>
Male. I've been told I'm attractive pretty much all my life. Totally brushed it off as people just being nice, kind of like you completely ignore it when your parents tell you that stuff because you think it's just them being polite or that they have to say that because you're their kid, and they want you to feel good and feel like they made something pretty.

I was also socially anxious and shy for most of my life.

I didn't at all believe any of it until I got tired of being so shy and started trying to break out of my shell. I started doing it around late high school, and it took 'til a little past the end of college.

Once I realized it, it was kind of like a, "oh... the signs have always been there... I've just been willfully disbelieving of it.
>That girl in 3rd grade chased me around because she thought i was cute
>That girl in high school asked me to sadie hawkins because they thought I was attractive
>Those girls on the first date of college smiled, giggled, and told me I was cute, not because they were fucking with me, but because they actually thought I was cute.

Once I realized it, nothing really changed. Even if I was physically attractive, that didn't do much about my shyness. Honestly, I got a lot more attractive as a person by just become a shit ton more confident in myself, and while part of that was believing in my own looks, it was WAY more that I learned to take chances, to fail, and to be absolutely fearless and sure of myself.

I pretty much stopped giving a fuck about what anyone thought of me, except that I lived up to the standards and expectations i'd learn to set for myself to improve.

I'll say that one of the things I realized is that attractive or not, I was fucking hard to approach as a kid. I was shy, but I also didn't know how to emote or express myself, and I looked serious as fuck. Once I learned to open up, be friendly, smile, and talk to absolutely anyone anywhere, that made a world of difference in the way people treated me.
>>
It's amazing. Occasionally it causes trouble with jealous same-sex friends or undesirable opposite-sex attraction, but that's rare and pretty manageable. In general people are just happier around me. Plus I never have to worry about whether I should act or speak a certain way. I'd have to try really hard to make people feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>16741905
man... those are like insanely insignificant occurrences to judge your attractiveness on. thats just average looks level of attention
>>
Annoying because most people don't peg me for an unsociable weirdo and talk to me a lot.
Though having most people you meet for the first time being nice if you smile a lot is pretty sweet.
But desu, personality and charisma>looks easy.
>>
>>16740853

its pretty nice. i used to be ugly but kinda remade myself. its an ongoing process but when i look good its exciting and great. knowing i could walk into a bar and start talking to someone and its not going to immediately go south is awesome. despite this there are some people who are just bitches. they think they are the hottest shit so if they dont find you attractive for whatever reason, they're cunts about it. I once was told 'I DONT DATE GIRLS' cuz im skinny and a bit short.

but those are few and far between, maybe once or twice a year. generally i only get insulted if i reject someone who approaches me and they throw a bitch fit over it.
>>
Guy rated 8-8.5 on /soc/ absolutely light blue eyes make a lot of girls go crazy. in my old WOW guild I am know as lich king because of them.

They worked like mad eyes when I was younger and I never really had any contact with females before I went to college. When I went up to a girl it would be silence after 1-2 sentences.

Fully grown up with beard and good looks, well it isnt really helping me either. Yes i get lots of looks and from time to time a compliment, been compared to Bradley Cooper and Tobey Maguire. But most of it is unwanted attention from gays, fat girls, foreigners or older women.

But well I have Aspergers aswell, that is a bigger turnoff than any convitction or fellony. Women can smell it in like 10 lines of text.

Is it a pro? yes
does it have cons? yes
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.