[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you be nice to people when you hate them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: 1451295115655.jpg (42 KB, 398x600) Image search: [Google]
1451295115655.jpg
42 KB, 398x600
How do you be nice to people when you hate them?
>>
Just gotta keep telling yourself it isn't worth the trouble starting shit with them.

It's usually quicker and easier just to be nice anyways. Besides, at the end of the day, you can go home and not see them. Unless they're a roommate, and you have my sympathy.
>>
You cuck Robert Pattinson with a random director, das how. True love, ladies and gentleman. Oh wait, just a sec, my stalker needs me.
>>
>>16739791
Its more of a general issue with humanity itself

I don't believe other people should get kindness when they're duplicitous whores out for themselves and to look good
>>
>>16739793
This is such an awesome comment. How come nobody is enthuastically reacting? Are you all dead or asleep or something? Come praise and celebrate the awesomeness that is me already!
>>
>>16739824
That's life, unfortunately.

You can either go the way of the moral highground and try to distance yourself from it

Or you can join the crowd.
>>
>>16739834
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuTmyIOQIhw
I feel like this is me
>>
>>16739837
Ja, das nou eenmaal niet mijn smaak. Go to bed if you aren't in already. You sound tired.
>>
>>16739824
I am generally negative towards people too.

Personally, I've just learned to grit my teeth and carve out a smile. Just agree with people until they shut up about it unless it actually involves me. I don't have many friends. My SO is just as annoyed with the human race as I am, so it is comforting to have someone to spill it all out to. But my SO occasionally gets on my nerves too.

I don't keep many deep relationships. I keep things light and "acquaintancey" because once you get to actually know people, the bullshit comes out and you see how irrational and selfish everyone is.

I've never been one to crave friendships or going out, so it personally works for me. I keep distanced acquaintanceships with people I am forced to be around.

I honestly feel like most people are this way though.
>>
>>16739847
I'm extremely antisocial but people keep telling me their secrets when I try to keep it so called acquaintancey

I make friends too easily; don't even understand it but I don't think I'm the type to carve out a smile
>>
File: Dark_Knight_wallpaper.jpg (307 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Knight_wallpaper.jpg
307 KB, 1600x1200
>>16739844
I am tired

but for the first time ever on this board

watching people go 60 posts deep into worshipping some stupid teenage girl while a guy was being told to kill himself really struck a nerve
>>
>>16739875
I made friends easily when I was younger. I think I just started realizing the discomfort is caused me. When more and more people approached me wanting to be friends, I started doing subtle impulsive behaviors to keep them pleased, but not wanting to be friends.

Like, not always responding, but being polite whenever I see them in person. Cancelling, but blaming it on important things (family, work, etc). Also, vacantly listening and giving neutral responses. Reserved body language. It makes people alright enough with you to not socially outcast you, but not close enough to be friends.

I've found my balance. Faking smiles is for new people that I don't want to know. The behaviors I listed above are for my acquaintances.
>>
>>16739886
You realize where you're at, right?

I'm not trolling, I've seen some shit in this place.

People are going to be shitty to others, especially when anonymity comes into play.
>>
>>16739886
my dickie disagrees
>>
>>16739896
I think people outright come here to be shitty to others some days. Even I find myself giving honest advice one day, then posting about how fucking retarded some people are other days.

This place is like a black hole. Online anonymous mob mentalities get built in threads.
>>
>>16739892
I pretty much do the same except I never cared what my outward projection was

I find it uncomfortable when people are sad around me because I think they're weak like I completely understand how they feel but I simply don't feel compassionate and its hard for me to help

I'm not unhappy either in life its just perplexing how I can be this type of ruthless person yet also feel loving emotions as well
>>
>>16739914
I have 4k posts of hate so I know since I'm the worst offender of them all
>>
>>16739914
Very good points anon.

The best advice I can give, just try to be a better person. Try to leave good advice, and move on. Tell the OP or whoever needs help to ignore shit posters. The best you can do, really.
>>
>>16739921
You remind me of my SO that I share my bitter feelings about the world with.
>>
File: 1446525325732.png (137 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1446525325732.png
137 KB, 250x250
>>16739939
You remind me of an old friend too

She's dead
>>
>>16739927
Yea, you've offended me before, I remember you. But here we are.
>>
File: kylo_ren_by_eddieholly-d8qqf4g.jpg (614 KB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
kylo_ren_by_eddieholly-d8qqf4g.jpg
614 KB, 650x975
>>16739956
You're still alive aren't you?

How did it change your life?
>>
You know in Dungeons and Dragons on the alignment. If 4chan was a person it would be True Neutral. You gotta realize kid this place that you are just starting to see the internet and perhaps the world. This place has some dark shit in it too from time to time. You are 18 now and like me you are going to see some nasty stuff but you got to be smart. I've been in the streets and used the same rules I learned here.

I feel like I'm coming off like some neo noir detective? Yeah Cyberpunk is my world by the way. You know that dog you hear barking nonstop and you walk by it and it may growl from time to time. Yeah treat mean people here like that. Be on by. Believe me I made mistakes a lot. And I mean a lot in life was not perfect. Humiliated myself in every way possible but went with the right decision every step of the way.

In fact people here may compare me to the 27 year old playing Counter Strike yelling at his mom to get his hot-pockets.
>>
>>16739970
Yes, and it didn't change a thing.
>>
>>16739978
Trust me and once you get good, don't fall back when you know your mistakes, and may even have the power to commit them to get away with it.
>>
>>16739979
Then why were you offended? I don't understand people taking offense to anything
>>
>>16739982
There is going to be fear every step of the way. Overcome it while staying good.

And make sure your intentions are good too. Like mine is that I just want to help you.
>>
>>16739979
This guy probably got just as mocked as me. Yes we all love attention, but it was hard to get to this point.
>>
>>16739989
I didn't mean you offended-offended me, I didn't mean you hurt my feelings. I guess I mean you posted something that was intended for me to get upset about. Just a ruthless comment/shitpost. I'm just saying that I agree that I've seen you post horrible shit before and I've been one of your "victims." Yet, here we are and I can only recognize you because of your name, but since I am anon, you would have never known unless I said it.

I dunno, I just didn't respond to your comment. Forgot what it was about, it was a few weeks or a month ago or somethin.
>>
>>16740001
Also a guy put a cum stained picture on my drawing. You really think you are dealing with the worst here?
>>
>>16740001
I wouldn't go as far as to say "horrible"
>>
>>16740013
I do not understand what you are talking about and I'm not even dick-measuring problems. I've been empathizing with Pegasus since I entered this thread.
>>
>>16740022
Zach is an actual shitposter that posts incoherent garbage; like white noise on a television set
>>
>>16740033
Ah, that explains it, I've never seen him before.
>>
>>16740033
Good.
>>
>>16740040
Now I'm going to continue being called shitposter nonstop mind you.
>>
>>16740037
bump
>>
>>16739784
>How do you be nice to people when you hate them?
I recognize that they, being people, believe, and do things that dont make sense to me, upset me, or harm me, but also recognize that I am the same from their perspective. It also helps to recognize the transient nature of negative passions and quickly snuff them out.

tl;dr compassion and Stoicism.
>>
File: tricia-helfer-cylon-wallpaper-1.jpg (2 MB, 2550x3513) Image search: [Google]
tricia-helfer-cylon-wallpaper-1.jpg
2 MB, 2550x3513
>>16740123
Going against one's nature is a sin against creation itself
>>
>>16740131
>Going against one's nature is a sin against creation itself
And pray tell what it is you think my nature is?
>>
File: 1387429134565.png (31 KB, 448x357) Image search: [Google]
1387429134565.png
31 KB, 448x357
>>16740134
Clearly not reading comprehension

Compassion and stoicism is unnatural to me
>>
>>16740139
>Clearly not reading comprehension
My bad. I dont know who you are, nor did I care to read the thread, I just gave my answer.

That being said, I disagree with it being a sin.

>Compassion and stoicism is unnatural to me
And? Practice will make them nature given time and strict adherence to their principles. If you want, anyway.
>>
File: 1451247545411.jpg (223 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1451247545411.jpg
223 KB, 2048x1365
>>16740151
Practicing something to integrate into your life isn't natural my man
>>
>>16740165
Eh, perhaps, but what comes to us naturally isn't always beneficial to us. If you're content with who you are, then don't change. If you want to fake being a decent person (in my own terms), then I cant help you there.
>>
File: 2225507-caprica_6.jpg (240 KB, 505x626) Image search: [Google]
2225507-caprica_6.jpg
240 KB, 505x626
>>16740187
I refuse to fake anything for anyone

I suppose I'll keep being the same old infernal pegasus
>>
>>16740205
Laziness. Pure laziness. Think about the consequences of your actions:
>Dad... am I pretty? Boys don't seem to like me
>Bitch that's because you don't try and you're biologically ugly.
..... When keeping it real goes real wrong.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.