[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm a girl and I go to school >the people I call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 17
File: image.gif (987 KB, 444x331) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
987 KB, 444x331
>I'm a girl and I go to school
>the people I call my friends don't actively seek to spend time with me
>even when I try to make plans with them they fall apart
>I like a guy and he doesn't answer my texts
>the other guy I liked in the past came close to going on a date with me before dropping me for another girl
>I feel so alone and useless and I want to commit suicide but I'm scared too as well
>life just loves fucking me over and I want out because if I can't even feel anything good or have anything good happen to me
>there's no use in me being here
>>
often the problem is some sort of lack of social skills on your part that is giving other people cues that you don't like them; body language, facial cues, tone of voice, etc. Just smiling more at people should help.

Also, learn to be alone. We're all fundamentally alone and socialization often covers up the 'hollow person' problem a lot of people have; conquer your loneliness and come out the other side a more complete human being.
>>
>>16739195
I smile at literally everyone I see, though. I always ask people how they're going and I join in on conversation. I tell jokes and I share stories, and I always offer help and friendliness to everyone I know.

I don't want to be alone, though. I'm an extroverted person and without other people I feel as though I don't exist.
>>
>>16739181
you sound like a nice person. i am too and where did that have me end up? only 1 friend left at senior year because the ones who were superficial or too busy latching onto the popular kid(s) or groups just treated me like crap and i wasn't willing to put up with it. don't expect to be a good and mature person and make it out of high school with friends. sadly, that's the way it works most of the time. i even saw old friends choose colleges solely to be with or near cool kids, just to explain the extent to which these issues weren't personally having anything to do with me but rather those individuals not being grown up. and i hope it's clear i didn't come to comment to talk to myself because i'm really trying to give you what goes on, and i only know how to through what happened to me. make sure to make lessons from those who don't treat you well and look for their cues so the next time someone shows them you know not to invest yourself. all you can do now is be the good person you are and understand that friends naturally come to people like this, and while it usually takes more time because you won't settle for crappy friends, you end up with ones that last
>>
>>16739263
I completely understand everything you're saying, and it really sucks that this is the way relationships with people work. I try really hard to be a good person in the hopes that one day people will treat me with even half the same quality I treat them. Where I do lose you though is your mention of "popular" kids; I like my friends because they aren't those kinds of people, yet they still treat me like I don't exist most of the time. :(
>>
>>16739293
ah, well i'm sorry for being to generalized with that. it isn't the case with everyone, and it wasn't with my friends *until* senior year. and those were the friends who weren't caught up on being in with a crowd, so i just ended up getting lost in the idea that so many people end up resorting to that. i found that when i stopped getting a hold of all but one of my friends first, they never got a hold of me and that's when i really knew they were preoccupied, despite having been best friends for 3 years prior. whatever is going on with your friends now and with future friends, always make sure to remember that when it doesn't have something to do with you as a person, you can't beat yourself up about it. even negative thoughts aren't fair. it's a sad world when the say 10 percent of people who are mature and kind-hearted and trusting end up putting their faith in the 90 percent who aren't. and by the time me or you realize what's up, we still have to sort though 90 percent of people for the rest of our lives to find others who truly care. humanity will mature in time, but this is where it's at now =(
>>
>>16739309
>it doesn't have something to do with you as a person
This is a really interesting perspective and it makes me feel a hell of a lot better. Thank you for sharing that wisdom.
It's so sad that so many people aren't genuine or caring. I really wish the world was a better place and that things like depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, murder, loneliness, etc. didn't exist.
>>
>>16739331
it's hard to form an inner knowing of self-worth when you start out from ground zero at birth but you'll face a lot of adversity and those who can't separate what has to do with them from what has to do with the other person and what has to do with both are in for a lot confusion that only builds up over the years. i know i don't know you personally, but just from your first post i could tell you're a great person. and that says a lot about you and just how much you can't let others and their problems confuse you into thinking it's something to do with personal inadequacy. if everyone cared enough, there would always be a hand reaching out to someone who's down with depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, and even poverty. it's not a hopeless case, though i don't know the chances we'll see this in our lifetime. at the same time, one hand extended means the world to those who need that help, and we can't let the majority discourage us. and by staying true to who we are and how much we care, we really do more by leading by example than we ever could with empathetic words
>>
How's 8th grade?
>>
>>16739376
Charlie talked shit about my Bionicles again and thinks that Cloud could beat Squall in a deathmatch

Just got my wet willy techdeck and trucks

I wonder if Chelsea likes me
>>
>>16739372
You're right about everything you've said. I find that if even just one person reaches out to me at my worst times than I have at least a reason to keep going. Even just talking about this with you has shown me I'm really not the only one who feels like this, so thanks for reaching out to me as well. I want to keep on being kind and helpful and at least display happiness just to give others hope. I don't know who around me is feeling like I do but at least I might be making them feel needed even by smiling at them.
>>
>>16739376
>>16739390
This is an advice thread for someone feeling very suicidal. Show some fucking respect and go back to wanking over anime girls in /a/. Fucking shallow cumslut pricks.
>>
>>16739395
It's really nice to find someone I can relate to myself to be honest, and I really appreciate it regardless of who's giving advice or the topic of conversation. I couldn't be more depressed right now and I'm trying to make friends too. And whenever I see someone who I can relate to greet me with a positive approach, it really lights me up inside so I know that you're doing the same for others despite not knowing who they may be.
>>
File: 25624267.jpg (633 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
25624267.jpg
633 KB, 1000x1000
>>16739399
I missed the part where I'm supposed to care
>>
>>16739417
I agree, it is nice to find someone who cares enough just to talk these feelings out.
It's for exactly what you said that I make sure I'm always kind to others. I don't know what they may or may not be going through but I do know that smiling or caring enough to ask how they are never costs anything.
>>
>>16739419
you'll catch on, just give it 5 to 10 years. maybe more with how you're acting
>>
>>16739419
Why are you here, then? Do you actually have nothing better to do than trivialize pain that someone is experiencing? Are you really that fucking awful to shit all over someone for feeling a certain way? Fuck off, you dipshit. I hope your computer gets a virus and you get stuck in an elevator with a loudly crying baby. At least then you'd be around someone who is exactly like you.
>>
File: 28363461.jpg (1 MB, 1254x1770) Image search: [Google]
28363461.jpg
1 MB, 1254x1770
>>16739425
Humans are weak repulsive creatures

I'm a dragon-kin therefore I will never come to show compassion for you lower beings
>>
File: QONVIyz.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
QONVIyz.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>>16739435
I'm laughing incredibly hard
>>
>>16739442
>I'm a dragon-kin

Welp, spotted the 8th grader.
>>
>>16739422
the older we get, the more our peers do. so whenever it looks bleak, know it not only always gets better with time but it also gets easier. you have the right mindset to keep going and have had the right approach all along so all that's left is to keep being the person you are and not sell yourself short and there's no chance things won't get better with some time
>>
File: 1436496365734.jpg (43 KB, 680x660) Image search: [Google]
1436496365734.jpg
43 KB, 680x660
>>16739442
Fortunately, /adv/'s janitors are pretty patient and tolerant, permitting us to post stuff ideally meant for /sci/, /lit/, /g/, and even to ask general questions about 4chan itself.

Unfortunately, this is the result.
>>
you should try reading Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, perfect for you.
>>
File: 2727672.png (108 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
2727672.png
108 KB, 480x640
>>16739458
Fortunately I'm here to lead the vanguard against literal attentionwhores and their beta orbiting white knights

You will never EVER win
>>
File: bavon abbey.jpg (94 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
bavon abbey.jpg
94 KB, 500x370
You sound like me during my school days, poor luv.
I know now that a lot of my anxiety and depression were caused by my abusive upbringing. I was conditioned to believe that people hated me no matter what. It's taken years to undo that programming and I was only able to do it with professional help. If you think this sounds like your situation, please seek help and remember that you're worth it.
>>
>>16739457
Thank you for reminding me to hang in there. It means so much to me.

>>16739460
All right, I'll check it out.

>>16739467
I am going to be seeking professional help within the coming month because I can't handle this on my own anymore.
>>
>>16739465
>reads post
>sees a trip at the top

oh wow, a tripfag. No wonder you're such a whoredouche.
>>
>>16739475
You have to seek professional help because people aren't paying attention to you? Western society 101
>>
>>16739475
what's helped me when it's gotten too rough is expressing myself. since the piano is the easiest thing to pick up and play, i got myself a digital piano i could afford and it's very beneficial and therapeutic. whether or not it's worth consideration, with how down i've been this has been one of my two favorite songs: dry ice by emmure. you may like it too
>>
File: tumblr_lsaqa506VA1qe4t7zo1_500.png (25 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsaqa506VA1qe4t7zo1_500.png
25 KB, 500x350
>>16739478
If you're triggered you can leave, because I wont be
>>
>>16739465
>>16739478
Yep. At least Trucker is nice and posts a cute cat picture every once in a while.

>>16739479
Pic rel9ed
>>
>>16739479
I'm going to step in here.

"Mr. God-Emperor"-whatever, you need to back off. Someone's life is quite literally on the line here, and I don't think you quite understand how harmful your comments are. Please step away from your computer, go and spend time with people, and leave OP right the fuck alone.

I pity you for your ignorance. But you seriously need to leave this thread right now.
>>
>>16739487
I learnt piano, actually, but I haven't played it for a long time. That's a fantastic idea. Thank you very much :) I'll also make sure to take a look at dry ice. It sounds like an interesting song.
>>
Highschool-tier thread.
>>
File: hkgkhghk.png (410 KB, 679x379) Image search: [Google]
hkgkhghk.png
410 KB, 679x379
are you attractive? that's probably the issue.
>>
File: tKKLeZaJ_400x400.jpg (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tKKLeZaJ_400x400.jpg
49 KB, 400x400
>>16739494
K....KEEP ME POSTED
>>
>>16739506
that's a very cruel thing to say, anon
>>
>>16739505
Wow are you aware how harmful your statement is? You're literally putting a gun in her hand you fucking privileged shitlord
>>
>>16739499
as much as instruments and art (i've been drawing too) help, just remember you always need friends or at least social interaction. my personal solution to not being able to handle what i'm going through on my own is to come to /adv/ when i feel too deprived. it's certainly not ideal with all the terrible people on this board but when i'm lucky i come across someone like yourself
>>
>>16739516
well look, if you are to attractive you are unapproachable in some social groups. If you are ugly as shit haha well fuck get use to being alone. Welcome to the human race.
>>
File: image.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>>16739517
>mfw you didn't remove the trip before posting

ouch
>>
File: mbKbZoZ.gif (2 MB, 643x539) Image search: [Google]
mbKbZoZ.gif
2 MB, 643x539
>>16739533

HEY BRO THATS NOT FUCKING COOL BRO OKAY SHE IS ENTITLED TO FUCKING FRIENDS AND LOVE AND THE WORLD IS RAINBOWS AND SUNSHINE YOU FUCKING STRAIGHT PEOPLE RUIN EVERYTHING IM LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW
>>
>>16739538
trolling really has become shit in recent years.
>>
>>16739523
Me too. I'm so glad I got to come across someone as understanding as you. It's rare to find someone with actual emotions and kindness on this board.

>>16739533
OP here, people tell me I'm cute but I don't consider myself celebrity-tier attractive, nor do I think I'm ugly.
>>
File: john-oliver__140110023442.jpg (927 KB, 3441x2388) Image search: [Google]
john-oliver__140110023442.jpg
927 KB, 3441x2388
>>16739542
what the f*ck stop assigning me a fucking stereotype you able-bodied conformist I swear to god you just violated my human rights and verbally assaulted me you can't get away with this I'm calling Jesse Jackson
>>
>>16739548
JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER: HOW CAN IT BE SO FUCKING DIFFICULT TO ACCEPT THAT BINARY DOMINATION KEEPS ME FROM HAVING ANY FUCKING RIGHTS!!!!!! FUCK YOUR ERASURE OF FEMME-IDENTIFYING DEMONKINS!!!!! why is it so hard for you to fucking acknowledge that you can be fat & healthy!!!!!!! try again, cissexist.
>>
>>16739546
By people do you mean other girls?
>>
>>16739542
He's not trolling but shitposting in an attempt to derail this "Boo hoo, I'm such a sad,lonely, misunderstood and of course suicidal highschooler" thread.
>>
>>16739546
it really is. i'm not sure what you want or need in terms of your life, friends, help, and interaction but i've taken it upon myself to be there for those who care the same way as me as much as i can. and i know you're planning to get professional help, and at the same time if you need or just want a friend to talk to, i'd always be willing. my email is perith66 at yahoo . com. no bad feelings if you're up for supporting yourself of course =)
>>
File: 1387429134565.png (31 KB, 448x357) Image search: [Google]
1387429134565.png
31 KB, 448x357
>>16739576
lol and there it is

whiteknight trying to get some pussy

LIKE CLOCKWORK
>>
>>16739181
Make a camwhore thread on /soc/ or /b/ and you'll get all the attention and validation you so desperately deserve and crave.
>>
>>16739546
>>16739563
Becuase if it is other girls it may mean they are being nice, usually girls who think you are really attractive will keep it to themselves and/or won't be that nice. Are you Asian? How much do you weigh? All important in physical factors, which is what i'm going off because you sound nice enough.
>>
File: 1395943876697.jpg (91 KB, 640x932) Image search: [Google]
1395943876697.jpg
91 KB, 640x932
>>16739589
PLEASE BE LONDON

I AM HERE FOR U BABY I WILL SAVE U
>>
>>16739576
Like clockwork.
>>
>>16739589
I've been told I'm cute by my first boyfriend, my old elementary school friend who I saw for the first time in ten years last month (she said to me, "you've become so cute since I last saw you" or something) and friends of my parents. I'm not Asian and I weigh 50kg. >>16739576
Thank you. I'll keep it saved and I'll send an email if I ever feel really depressed. You've cheered me up today and for that I'm very thankful.
>>
>>16739569
OP here. Please go away. I came here for advice, not dismissal. You might think that what I'm going through is trivial, but it is a very real and upsetting pain I have to experience every day. I envy you for being able to be so content with your life and yourself that you don't understand how much a monster depression is. I really envy you.
>>
>>16739655
Anyone got that picture where the guy is like "Ill be your bf" and the girl is like "fuck off nerd"
>>
Please be in
A M E R I C A
M
E
R
I
C
A
>>
>>16739655
if it is girls being catty or jealous, that's something most go through during high school (and many do throughout college and beyond that too). i know i never could have figured stuff with girls like that out if my friend didn't explain it, and if you can't, ask someone you know who could and that you trust when you get the chance. and after signs to watch out for are explained, you might come to realize some people are jealous of you. it's hard to say what's the cause of anything, even for yourself i'm sure, when there's so much left unknown.

and it's no problem at all, i'm always willing to be there for those who care the right way
>>
>>16739181
It could be worse, believe me.

Just find something you enjoy and focus on that. Throw on a pair of headphones, read a book, watch a movie, etc. Just distract yourself with things you can enjoy. Things will change with time. It's what I and a lot of others do everyday. I go to the shooting range all the time when I need to blow off steam.

I can't say things will get better, but I do wish you luck in your endeavors. Life can really freaking suck sometimes but once it's over there is no turning back
>>
File: 1450742695898.png (14 KB, 193x202) Image search: [Google]
1450742695898.png
14 KB, 193x202
>>16739663
>I am a highschooler having highschooler problems with a highschooler reaction to said problems,please have sympathy for my very real pain and sufferings
>>
>>16739677
I'm really grateful that I've been able to talk with you today. In all the shitposting and unfeeling that's happened in this thread, I'm relieved that at least one person cared enough to listen.
>>
>>16739686
Thank you. I try to distract myself with reading and listening to music, so at least I have those things to fall back on.
>>
>>16739694
yeah it's the worst i've seen in a while but it's been nice talking. i'm gonna take care of some stuff around the house. take care of yourself and when life gets you down look up =)
>>
>>16739709
Don't forget to be yourself =)

And email me milady =)

I love you =)

Hello?

Are you there?

Hello?

Please respond

Please
>>
>>16739709
Thanks for talking with me. Have a lovely day.
>>
Most of it usually just comes down to social skills and the people. If you lack the social skills, you might find it harder to keep people's interest.

And if they aren't interested in being friends, then it's probably time to re-evaluate who you call friends.

I mean, just think, in a few years you'll be out in the big wide world and be working a job that'll probably take most of your time, leaving you with little to no time to hang out with friends anyways.

Learn to accept that. It's the best way to move on.
>>
>>16739732
you too!
>>
File: 56bfd8d7-38e4-b71c-1657265.png (197 KB, 427x467) Image search: [Google]
56bfd8d7-38e4-b71c-1657265.png
197 KB, 427x467
Where's this boards compassion for this guy?

>>16739647

Oh you're busy telling him to kill himself while trying to score pussy points with OP

This why nobody will ever convince me this world is worth saving
>>
>>16739719
lol
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.